Windows 10: Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on way

Discus and support Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on way in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When Satya Nadella announced that Microsoft would be writing down the Nokia assets that they purchased and changing up the strategy for building... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on way

Read more: Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on the way

Brink, Jul 12, 2015
  2. Winuser Win User

It might help if one could find a Windows phone. AT&T had one phone available online the last time I looked. My local Walt-Mart has no Windows phones at all. Some of the apps I use on my Galaxy 3 phone are not available for windows phone. Hopefully things will change when my contract runs out in October. If not I'll stay with Android.

:)

Winuser, Jul 12, 2015
  3. Ayz116 Win User
    New Microsoft Mobile Flagship

So Any news on the new phone? is there like a thread for the team to hear out their consumers like you did with windows 10?

I've fell in love with the Microsoft Mobile OS not mentioning the bugs that kept popping up every now and then XD, I'm talking about the user interface and not having the lagging issue like I've faced with Android and iPhones "given that you don't change
    it every year" and the amazing battery life I mean that should be a focus, my Lumia 950 ran 1 day and 11 hours on a single charge with heavy usage including gaming Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, that being said from what I've seen the biggest weakness was proper marketing
    and the APP STORE omg the app store was so bad at one point I tried searching for angery birds to find it on the 4th page I mean come on, the best apps I've seen where probably the ones made by Microsoft.

so I'm just speaking out loud here but I think the main focus should be the app developers, you get them in and you should have a good start of apps during launch.

iPhone 7 /7 Plus with the no headphone jack issue "which I don't mind as I don't use headphones"

Samsung Note 7 exploding in yo face and what not...

Now would be a good time to rise up and show them what Microsoft can do.

Also marketing wise maybe hit up on some youtubers send them some stuff, like unbox therapy, should be a unique unboxing of

course Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on way :)

Please please please get it right, I want my Microsoft phone QQ

I know I'm no expert I just wanted to speak my mind and hopefully be helpful with my comment coz I really want Microsoft to win this mobile war.

Ayz116, Jul 12, 2015
  4. st_bus Win User

No new windows phone?

NO, it is not true and NO you should not be concerned, Microsoft is commited to Windows 10 Mobile.

It is true that Microsoft will not release a new Phone in 2016. It is expected that microsoft is going to announce/release a high-end Phone around Spring 2017.

Gr,

S.

st_bus, Jul 12, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint all have Windows Mobile phones. AT&T has 4 phones in their lineup, and you can always buy an unlocked phone as well and just put a sim chip in. Verizon has 3 phones, and while you can still buy unlocked phones, it's a bit harder because you need CDMA compatibility.

Walmart only sells unlocked and pre-paid phones, they don't sell phones on contract. You can buy A number windows mobile phones on Walmarts website.

But, yes.. the pickings are slim, even at major carriers stores. Although, how many iphones do they carry? 3? maybe 4? IPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5c, 5s... that's it.

Mystere, Jul 12, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    Last time I looked AT&T only had one phone available online. Wal-Mart does sell phones on contract. AT&T is one of them. my local Walt-Mart had no Windows phones available either on contract, unlocked or pay as you go. I don't even know why I'm replying to you because we will never agree on anything. I've asked you before and I'll ask you again, please put me on your ignore list.

Winuser, Jul 12, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    One doesn't have to agree with facts... facts are facts.

ATT has 4 Windows phones on their website. A Lumia 640XL, An HTC One (M8) For Windows, a Lumia 830, and a Lumia 635. If you go their website, you can see them. Just make sure the "Free" filter is not on. There's only one Windows phone in the "Free" category.

Verizon has 3 as well, the Lumia 735, the LG Lancet, and HTC One (M8) for Windows.

Don't get angry and "disagree" with facts.

Mystere, Jul 12, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

Fact: the last time I checked there was four Windows phones. One was not available yet. Two were not available. This leaves just one phone. I'm on my cell phone and the AT&T site is very slow so I can't check to see if it's changed. Can you prove to me that I'm wrong?

Winuser, Jul 13, 2015
  9. This article makes me feel better. I was regretting my choice to go with a Lumia 640 as it seemed from most reports that it would be unsupported within a year or two tops. Now I have high hopes for Win10 on my phone, hopefully it fixes the lack of apps.

As of right this second there are 4 Windows phones on the Att website that I'm looking at, with 2 of them greyed out. I assume that the 640XL and the 830 are available at this very moment.

jmgibson1981, Jul 13, 2015
  10. DavidY Win User
    I wish that Microsoft would bring out some smaller Windows Phones that fit in my pocket. I have an old Lumia 610 which is a great size for me but is sadly stuck on Windows Phone 7.8 (and also a bit tight on memory).

I wouldn't mind paying out to get a new phone, but wish they'd make a smaller phone with the same sort of features as my current one (eg. a camera with flash) that I can carry around without deep pockets or a 'man-bag'. *Wink

DavidY, Jul 13, 2015
  11. rmonroe36 Win User
    About 3 or 4 months ago, I spotted a special at Walmarts - a Lumia 635 for $39.95. This was my first smart phone. Since I was already an AT&T (dumb-phone/pay as you go customer) I took the Lumia 635 and my dumb phone to the AT&T kiosk at my local mall where they made the switch for me - saving and installing all my contact info. What was most satisfying and the reason for purchasing the Lumia 635 was the monthly cost of about $10/month - exactly the same as for my dumb phone. This was ideal for me. An inexpensive intro to a smart phone.

Rich

rmonroe36, Jul 13, 2015
  12. Winuser Win User
    I just check the AT&T site. They have four Windows Phones and only one is available. The Lumia 640 XL is available. The Lumia 830, the Lumia 635 and the HTC One (M8) is out of stock. Hopefully AT&T will have more to select from by the time I'm ready to upgrade. I know I could change carriers but for now I prefer to stay with AT&T. Smartphones - ATT has a Smartphone for Every Budget

Winuser, Jul 13, 2015
  13. Winuser Win User

If you don't mind me asking, What's your thoughts on the Lumia 640?

Winuser, Jul 13, 2015
  14. I don't have the XL mind you. Just the 640 with Cricket. I have been very happy with it so far. It isn't the most powerful phone there is but for my purposes it does just fine. I like not having a contract as well.

jmgibson1981, Jul 13, 2015
  15. Winuser Win User
    Thanks! I was on a live chat with AT&T. I can buy the 640 XL without a contract and have my Galaxy III deactivated if I want. They couldn't answer my question of when different Windows phones would be available. They said to keep checking their website.

Winuser, Jul 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on way - Similar Threads - Microsoft reaffirms commitment

2. Adding 2007 Microsoft Office to new HP Flagship 2023 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding 2007 Microsoft Office to new HP Flagship 2023 laptop: The laptop is HP Flagship purchased this summer. I cannot install my personal Microsoft Office 2007. I've installed it on all of my laptops since 2007. HP tells me it is a third party product. I don't understand. It is MS. If I go out of Windows S, will it accept my KEY...
  3. Adding 2007 Microsoft Office to new HP Flagship 2023 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding 2007 Microsoft Office to new HP Flagship 2023 laptop: The laptop is HP Flagship purchased this summer. I cannot install my personal Microsoft Office 2007. I've installed it on all of my laptops since 2007. HP tells me it is a third party product. I don't understand. It is MS. If I go out of Windows S, will it accept my KEY...
  4. Committing Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Committing Windows Updates: Hi, I am having some issues with users not committing their Windows Updates in a timely fashion. I tried looking into myself but was not finding anything on best practices for committing Windows Updates ie. how long is it recommend to wait to commit the updates after...
  5. Phil Spencer talks Microsoft's new studios and commitment to PC gaming

in Windows 10 News
    Phil Spencer talks Microsoft's new studios and commitment to PC gaming: Microsoft is on a video game spending spree. In the past year it’s bought six studios, including Forza Horizon studio Playground Games and Hellblade developer Ninja Theory, and founded a new one. For PC gamers, the two most striking acquisitions are Obsidian and inXile. Both...
  6. Qualcomm Announces New Flagship Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform

in Windows 10 News
    Qualcomm Announces New Flagship Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform: 6pdjT7xsZe8 lf3dsBCFp5Y During the second day of the annual Snapdragon Technology Summit, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM), unveiled the newest generation in the 8 Mobile Platform Series, the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 Mobile...
  7. Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows: Microsoft’s commitment to protecting customers from vulnerabilities in our products, services, and devices includes providing security updates that address these vulnerabilities when they are discovered. We understand that researchers have wanted better clarity around the...
  8. New Microsoft flagship phone spotted on GFXBench

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft flagship phone spotted on GFXBench: A new Microsoft flagship phone has shown up in GFXBench. The device is code named RM-1162. The mysterious device sports a Snapdragon 820 chipset and a 5.5" 1440p display, making it a reasonable choice as a successor to the Microsoft Lumia 950 XL. Have a look at the report:...
  9. Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive: Microsoft takes another step out of cellphones as Nokia plots return Ten months after writing down much of its disastrous acquisition of Nokia’s handset business, Microsoft took another step to unwind the deal. Microsoft on Wednesday agreed to unload its low-end...
  10. Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup.

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup.: Important news following the false rumor about the fate of Surface. Contrary to some click-bait headlines, SP3 has garnered some attention and is doing alright I think. Nadella: Microsoft committed to Surface line - Neowin It's really amazing to see these...