Windows 10: Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on way

Discus and support Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on way in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; @ Is this your first Windows phone? Yes this is my very first Windows phone. So far I'm very impressed with it. I bought the phone outright so if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Winuser Win User

Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on way

Yes this is my very first Windows phone. So far I'm very impressed with it. I bought the phone outright so if i decide I want one of the newer models when released I can still use one of AT&Ts upgrade plans.

Winuser, Jul 18, 2015
  2. Tony K Win User

No offense, but it seems you're moving a little fast with it. If this is your primary phone then I'd stick with 8.1 Denim. That's the latest edition. The 10 preview builds are unstable as you can see. I feel you should learn 8 first. That'll give you time before 10 final release IMHO.

Tony K, Jul 18, 2015
  3. Winuser Win User
    No offense taken. I bought this phone to experiment with. I still have my Galaxy phone if I need it. I'm having alot of fun playing around with it. Plus I'm learning a lot about Windows phones. With that said I hope I don't brick this phone because I actually like it.

Winuser, Jul 18, 2015
  4. echrada Win User

I also bought a Windows phone to find out if it would suit me. I bought a 640XL as I liked the size. Unfortunately no for me and I have gone back to Samsung Galaxy S5 and will stick with android phones from now on until such time as there are a real windows competitor. If only Microsoft could make a phone in the same quality and ability as the Surface Pro 3 brought to the 2 in 1 tablet/laptop market.

echrada, Jul 18, 2015
  5. Tony K Win User
    OK, good. *Thumbs

Tony K, Jul 18, 2015
  6. Tony K Win User
    Do you mean hardware wise?

Tony K, Jul 18, 2015
  7. echrada Win User
    For me it was a software issue, its probably personal but I just could not get on with it. I had it for over a month and got fed up. I could not use apps that I have been using on Android for years. The 640XL as a phablet is a good size but you could not even get Sky Go on it - so away it went.

echrada, Jul 18, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

I very impressed with my 640 XL. I think I made a good choice. The 640 XL was the only Windows phone they had at the AT&T store I went to. I was going to check out the MS store but I never got that far. I probably should have waited longer to upgrade to Windows 10 but one of the reasons I wanted a Windows phone was to test Windows 10 on it. I keep playing with it. Last night I reinstalled build 10166. I noticed that build 10149 and 10166 had two identical bugs. The key board doesn't come up if the phone is flipped and I can't log on with my MSA account. I didn't notice it in build 10149 but in 10166 the phone icon on the start screen says No service even though I can receive and make phone calls. I did get my contacts back but lost my text messages. I know they're there because I transferred them from my Galaxy. I don't know if it has anything to do with not being able to switch to my MSA or not. If I find too many bugs I'll go back to Windows 8.1 update 2.

Winuser, Jul 18, 2015
  9. Tony K Win User
    Yes, it's a personal thing. Don't know much about iPhones, so I can't comment honestly with those other than they're quite expensive along with accessories. Having worked in the construction industry I've owned many cell phones since the bags. My last one was a Droid X2. After purchasing my Lumia I didn't how much I disliked Droid. For me Windows phone features and navigation far superior IMO.

Don't watch TV on my phone. I do use Netflix. Just checked the Store and there seems to be plenty of TV apps to choose from. May not be Sky Go, but there should be a similar app. Sky Go will eventually come. Just a matter of time.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on way - Similar Threads - Microsoft reaffirms commitment

2. Adding 2007 Microsoft Office to new HP Flagship 2023 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding 2007 Microsoft Office to new HP Flagship 2023 laptop: The laptop is HP Flagship purchased this summer. I cannot install my personal Microsoft Office 2007. I've installed it on all of my laptops since 2007. HP tells me it is a third party product. I don't understand. It is MS. If I go out of Windows S, will it accept my KEY...
  3. Adding 2007 Microsoft Office to new HP Flagship 2023 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding 2007 Microsoft Office to new HP Flagship 2023 laptop: The laptop is HP Flagship purchased this summer. I cannot install my personal Microsoft Office 2007. I've installed it on all of my laptops since 2007. HP tells me it is a third party product. I don't understand. It is MS. If I go out of Windows S, will it accept my KEY...
  4. Committing Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Committing Windows Updates: Hi, I am having some issues with users not committing their Windows Updates in a timely fashion. I tried looking into myself but was not finding anything on best practices for committing Windows Updates ie. how long is it recommend to wait to commit the updates after...
  5. Phil Spencer talks Microsoft's new studios and commitment to PC gaming

in Windows 10 News
    Phil Spencer talks Microsoft's new studios and commitment to PC gaming: Microsoft is on a video game spending spree. In the past year it’s bought six studios, including Forza Horizon studio Playground Games and Hellblade developer Ninja Theory, and founded a new one. For PC gamers, the two most striking acquisitions are Obsidian and inXile. Both...
  6. Qualcomm Announces New Flagship Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform

in Windows 10 News
    Qualcomm Announces New Flagship Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform: 6pdjT7xsZe8 lf3dsBCFp5Y During the second day of the annual Snapdragon Technology Summit, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM), unveiled the newest generation in the 8 Mobile Platform Series, the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 Mobile...
  7. Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows: Microsoft’s commitment to protecting customers from vulnerabilities in our products, services, and devices includes providing security updates that address these vulnerabilities when they are discovered. We understand that researchers have wanted better clarity around the...
  8. New Microsoft flagship phone spotted on GFXBench

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft flagship phone spotted on GFXBench: A new Microsoft flagship phone has shown up in GFXBench. The device is code named RM-1162. The mysterious device sports a Snapdragon 820 chipset and a 5.5" 1440p display, making it a reasonable choice as a successor to the Microsoft Lumia 950 XL. Have a look at the report:...
  9. Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive: Microsoft takes another step out of cellphones as Nokia plots return Ten months after writing down much of its disastrous acquisition of Nokia’s handset business, Microsoft took another step to unwind the deal. Microsoft on Wednesday agreed to unload its low-end...
  10. Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup.

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup.: Important news following the false rumor about the fate of Surface. Contrary to some click-bait headlines, SP3 has garnered some attention and is doing alright I think. Nadella: Microsoft committed to Surface line - Neowin It's really amazing to see these...