Windows 10: Microsoft really messed up things with Win 10 Sound Recorder should have remained

Discus and support Microsoft really messed up things with Win 10 Sound Recorder should have remained in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft, you really messed up. My trusty Sound Recorder, not, repeat NOT Voice Recorder is no longer offered on Windows 10, as it was in Windows 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatrickMontgomery, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Microsoft really messed up things with Win 10 Sound Recorder should have remained

Microsoft, you really messed up. My trusty Sound Recorder, not, repeat NOT Voice Recorder is no longer offered on Windows 10, as it was in Windows 7. Used to be, I could record all the music, and such for my radio shows, on Sound Recorder. Voice Recorder wont do that very well if at all. Sound Recorder would capture, at least 8 hours of audio, where as Voice Recorder, only captures if lucky 15 to 20 minutes. You need to make this an update and make it standard for Windows 10 as it was for Windows 7.

:)

PatrickMontgomery, Mar 15, 2020

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 15, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Sound recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

You may follow the steps to find Sound recorder

• Type voice recorder in search box
    • You will find the voice recorder
    • If it is not there you can go to windows store and download
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Mar 15, 2020
  4. trigan5 Win User

Microsoft really messed up things with Win 10 Sound Recorder should have remained

Cannot uninstall Free Sound Recorder v10.7.1 Type 32 bit HELP!

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 installed Version number 1903 and I think it is 64 bit. I installed the above program 2 months ago and I want to uninstall it.
    I tried the many suggestions provided here:
    Uninstall and Remove Free Sound Recorder 8.2.3 Step by Step
    except the last suggestion but none of them worked.
    The last suggestion tells you to download a third party uninstaller and tells you to click on a link which I do not know I can trust. I have however tried installing Revo uninstaller 2.1.0 free version and even this program could not uninstall the program. The message is always the same

C\Program Files(86x)\Free Sound Recorder\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

Will installing bitdefender antivirus program get rid of it?
    PLEASE HELP.

trigan5, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft really messed up things with Win 10 Sound Recorder should have remained

1. Microsoft really messed up things with Win 10 Sound Recorder should have remained - Similar Threads - Microsoft really messed

2. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really messed up: So about a week ago my built in display was not working. So I had to delete my display adapters in device manager and reinstall them. It made my built in display work but I couldn't use external monitor, so I downloaded the Nvidia rtx3060 drivers for laptop and it made my 2nd...
  3. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really messed up: So about a week ago my built in display was not working. So I had to delete my display adapters in device manager and reinstall them. It made my built in display work but I couldn't use external monitor, so I downloaded the Nvidia rtx3060 drivers for laptop and it made my 2nd...
  4. Upgrade to Win 11 has really messed me up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Win 11 has really messed me up.: I am so disappointed after having upgraded to Windows 11.. The upgrade has only made by life miserable. I thought Win 11 would just make improvements over what I had with Win 10. Instead, Win 11 took away many of the necessary and important features and configurations that I...
  5. Upgrade to Win 11 has really messed me up.

Upgrade to Win 11 has really messed me up.: I am so disappointed after having upgraded to Windows 11.. The upgrade has only made by life miserable. I thought Win 11 would just make improvements over what I had with Win 10. Instead, Win 11 took away many of the necessary and important features and configurations that I...
  6. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  7. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  8. Really messed up user accounts

9. Win+Arrow UP and DOWN should be a thing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win+Arrow UP and DOWN should be a thing: Like Win+side arrows splits the screen vertically we need a horizontal split, if it already exists or there is a way to short cut it please share and thanks. submitted by /u/Dalleuh [link] [comments]...
  10. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    I really messed up: Sorry that this is long and not that well worded I really messed up. So from the beginning. I bought a pc from one of my friends on Friday. (Specs: cpu: Intel i7 4790, gpu: nvidia geforce gtx 970, motherboard: gigabyte z97 hd3, and Windows 10 home, originally...