Windows 10: microsoft recent update =can't find photos

Discus and support microsoft recent update =can't find photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft just did an update and now I can't find my photos that were in the file explorer library. Where did they move them or hide them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wildonejb, Mar 23, 2019.

1. wildonejb Win User

microsoft recent update =can't find photos

Microsoft just did an update and now I can't find my photos that were in the file explorer library. Where did they move them or hide them.

:)

wildonejb, Mar 23, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 23, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 23, 2019
  4. microsoft recent update =can't find photos

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

microsoft recent update =can't find photos

1. microsoft recent update =can't find photos - Similar Threads - microsoft recent update

2. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  3. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  4. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Most recent update to Microsoft Photo app June 2022

Most recent update to Microsoft Photo app June 2022: So I don't get what Microsoft was thinking with this most recent update to the Microsoft Photo app, it is so annoying and frustrating! I keep sitting here looking at it asking why?! Why would you remove the Menu Bar for Pete's sake????!!!!!! What is a person supposed to do...
  6. Microsoft Photos long name in recents

Microsoft Photos long name in recents: I opened a picture that was downloaded from a browser , and the picture happens to have a very long filename , and so it glitched the photos app to where the filename wont be removed from the recently opened pictures list that appears when you right click on the app icon , it...
  7. Can't find microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find microsoft photos: HELLO everyone. I need help of yours. I had used this app for so many times but after the windows upgrade [ATTACH] I can't see the Microsoft photos app on my laptop but when I google it and sign up through my account it says that I own this app and when I click to it nothing...
  8. Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates

Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates: When I attempt to view a photo, sometimes it opens normally. Other times, it will open to a blank white screen. If I close the blank screen and try to open it again, it will take an extended time to open. Once it opens, everything works normal. I tried to repair, reset,...
  9. Can't find imported photos

Can't find imported photos: I imported pictures from a sd card onto the photos program...they were there categorized under the date. I took the card out and they were still on the program. Today as I go to import more pictures the ones from yesterday are nowhere to be found. Can someone please help me...
  10. Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.

Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.: Hi, The Microsoft Photos app recently got updated on my PC, after which I noticed a new App start appearing in my Start Menu: Video Editor. However, after this update, both the Microsoft Photos app as well as the new Video Editor app, both crash when starting up....