Windows 10: Microsoft recognizing laptop as a tablet

Discus and support Microsoft recognizing laptop as a tablet in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Help! We bought my daughter a cheaper laptop for christmas. It is running Windows 10. When i add it to “my devices,” it is recognizing the laptop as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChantelHicks, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Microsoft recognizing laptop as a tablet

Help! We bought my daughter a cheaper laptop for christmas. It is running Windows 10. When i add it to “my devices,” it is recognizing the laptop as a tablet. The whole reason she wanted the laptop was for minecraft which will not load since it thinks it a tablet. We bought the PC version for that reason.

i have tried everything i can think of. I have removed the device then added it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

ChantelHicks, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Wacom tablet is being recognized as a mouse.

Hi Elidia,

This may be related to how your laptop recognizes the driver for your tablet. To resolve the problem, let's run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter available in Control Panel. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and allow the troubleshooter to run.

The troubleshooter will automatically correct any issues it finds with the drivers on your laptop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 23, 2019
  3. DABeckham Win User
    Tablet no longer recognized

My ASUS tablet is no longer recognized by Windows 10. When I try to reinstall the driver I get a INF file is invalid error. Any suggestions (I reset my tablet to factory conditions, but it still is not recognized).

DABeckham, Dec 23, 2019
  4. LouCsi Win User

Microsoft recognizing laptop as a tablet

recognizing tablet

My win 10 laptop doesn't recognize win 10 tablet

LouCsi, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft recognizing laptop as a tablet

1. Microsoft recognizing laptop as a tablet - Similar Threads - Microsoft recognizing laptop

2. New Laptop - Does Not Recognize Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop - Does Not Recognize Microsoft Account: This is beyond frustrating Microsoft. Could really use some help here as I've seen many others as well.I purchased a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro. As a solopreneur, I set it up as "personal" versus work. When it asked for my Microsoft account information, I entered the...
  3. WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP: I'm so frustrated right now and can't find any answers.I'm downloading my Wacom Intuos tablet model CTL-490 for the first time on this laptop MSI - GF63. I have Windows 10. Latest driver is installed, and has been uninstalled and reinstalled more then once and computer...
  4. unresponsive tablet/laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unresponsive tablet/laptop: my linx 12V32 laptop stopped turning on after restart pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-tabletlaptop/62071872-0c88-4f07-945a-af0e0310350c
  5. Laptop Will Not Recognize Microsoft Office Professional 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Laptop Will Not Recognize Microsoft Office Professional 2010: I had to replace a laptop, so I purchased a new Asus (Windows 10). When I downloaded (from my purchased disk) Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, everything seemed to go well. However, when I click on any of the programs to open (Word, Exel, etc.) a pop-up appears...
  6. Laptop Will Not Recognize Microsoft Office Professional 2010

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Will Not Recognize Microsoft Office Professional 2010: I had to replace a laptop, so I purchased a new Asus (Windows 10). When I downloaded (from my purchased disk) Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, everything seemed to go well. However, when I click on any of the programs to open (Word, Exel, etc.) a pop-up appears...
  7. Whatsapp on Laptop/Tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whatsapp on Laptop/Tablet: I am thinking of buying a Win10 Tablet/PC (similar to the Surface Pro) I have no experience of these and don't know anyone who has one. Does anyone know if it is possible to install the Whatsapp Desktop programme on these types of device - I have it installed on my...
  8. laptop and tablet

laptop and tablet: how can I use my laptop and tablet together it was working and now the tablet is not working correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-and-tablet/894c08f1-fce3-4ca0-ac03-319a846fb714
  9. Most hardware not recognized by windows on Tablet

Most hardware not recognized by windows on Tablet: I have an intel education tablet (intel atom, 2gb ram), decided to do a clean installation using an USB, now windows does not recognize the speakers, the battery (indicator not being displayed but relies on the battery) and it does not respond to touch. On looking through...
  10. Hybrid Laptop/Tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid Laptop/Tablet: So first, I don't know if this is the correct board for posting this. If its not, then forgive me and please move this topic where it should be. Now, as a student, I bought 2-3 months ago a quite nice computer for its price - and good enough for my daily requirements....