Windows 10: Microsoft redefining servicing of Manual drivers for Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft redefining servicing of Manual drivers for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is continually looking to evolve the driver servicing system to increase clarity in users’ acquisition scenarios and, over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft redefining servicing of Manual drivers for Windows 10

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...s/ba-p/1828691

:)

Brink, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Mart L Win User

Redefining servicing of manual drivers

Back in August, we introduced an
    improved update experience on Windows 10 PCs
    to help you discover available Windows 10 feature updates, monthly non-security quality updates, and driver updates. On November 5th we will complete the transformation of driver servicing by creating
    a clear distinction between automatic and manual updates.

In the past, when a user connected a peripheral device (for example a web-camera) to their machine
    for the first time, and the device had only a
    manual driver (formally known as ‘optional driver’) published on Windows Update (WU), the driver would come down
    automatically to the machine. The user had no control over the decision.

There will be no change to the plug-and-play scenario when there is an
    automatic driver published on Windows Update; however, to give users better control, Microsoft is redefining the way manual drivers are being serviced on Windows 10, version 2004 and subsequent updates.

Beginning November 5th, two types of driver updates will be available:

1. Automatic driver updates will come down
    automatically to your machine either when you plug-in a device for the first time or when a publisher releases a driver to Windows Update.

2. Manual driver updates will come down
    manually to your machine if you specifically requested them through
    Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > View optional updates.

For IT Pros managing their organization’s driver environment, there will be no change. The change applies only to machines that are open to receive driver updates directly from Windows Updates.

For more information, please visit
    Understanding Windows Update Automatic and Option Rules for Driver Distribution

Mart L, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Microsoft redefining servicing of Manual drivers for Windows 10

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft redefining servicing of Manual drivers for Windows 10

1. Microsoft redefining servicing of Manual drivers for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft redefining servicing

2. Windows BITS service Manual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BITS service Manual: any idea why my system has somehow been set to manual for the BITS? I had a support ticket just recently and this was fixed along with some other security issues r/t corrupt driver. I was going to just change it but wanted to ask if anyone has any insite on the best thing to...
  3. Windows BITS service Manual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BITS service Manual: any idea why my system has somehow been set to manual for the BITS? I had a support ticket just recently and this was fixed along with some other security issues r/t corrupt driver. I was going to just change it but wanted to ask if anyone has any insite on the best thing to...
  4. Watch Samsung #UnboxAndDiscover Screens Redefined

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Samsung #UnboxAndDiscover Screens Redefined: [media] Following an unprecedented year that saw consumer viewing habits change exponentially, Samsung Electronics is continuing its legacy of delivering groundbreaking products for each and every consumer through 2021. At its virtual Unbox & Discover event, Samsung...
  5. Redefining servicing of manual drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Redefining servicing of manual drivers: Back in August, we introduced an improved update experience on Windows 10 PCs to help you discover available Windows 10 feature updates, monthly non-security quality updates, and driver updates. On November 5th we will complete the transformation of driver servicing by...
  6. Disabling or manually managing a service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling or manually managing a service: Context: I have multiple services running that blocks me from installing Docker which is crucial for work. The Services GUI manager has the startup type disabled for these apps. I cannot, as an admin, in safe-mode, using regedit, also running as admin, change the service...
  7. Which services in Windows 10 can be turned to Manual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Which services in Windows 10 can be turned to Manual: My computer has 4GB RAM, but services use nearly 50% RAM, so which services isn't necessary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-services-in-windows-10-can-be-turned-to/b61fe902-7f94-409b-993d-7457a78b6eb1
  8. Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!: I have an Nvidia Quadro card on my computer. Till now, to update the driver, I would always uninstall the old drivers from windows add/remove programs and then after a reboot install the new drivers. I would also use driver sweeper to remove the remaining files and...
  9. BITS service manual or automatic?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BITS service manual or automatic?: Hey all I'm just wondering whether it matters if the BITS services is in manual or automatic (delayed start) since it has a habit of switch from the former to the latter. I'm not interested in disabling it as I still want my updates checked automatically (controversial I...
  10. Difference between the Manual and Manual (trigger start) services

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between the Manual and Manual (trigger start) services: Hi I noticed that some services of Windows 10 Preview although I set them on Manual, they are automatically set to "Manual (trigger start". Why? What is the difference between these two startup modes? Lastly, with these services, how do I set them to the first startup...