Windows 10: Microsoft reduces Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC support to 5 years

Discus and support Microsoft reduces Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC support to 5 years in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft announced today that the next Windows 10 Enterprise Long-Term Servicing Channel version will have a reduced support lifecycle of five years.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Feb 19, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft reduces Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC support to 5 years

Microsoft announced today that the next Windows 10 Enterprise Long-Term Servicing Channel version will have a reduced support lifecycle of five years.

When Microsoft released Windows 10 in 2015, it introduced Windows as a service. The main difference to previous versions of the operating system, for instance Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, was that the operating system was designed to receive regular feature updates.

In the past two years, feature updates were released twice a year. One update was larger and introduced new functionality and major changes, the other smaller and faster to install.

Next to these releases, Microsoft created long-term servicing channel releases for the Enterprise. In particular, Enterprise customers could purchase Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC or Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC.

Microsoft reduces Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC support to 5 years windows-10-enterprise-ltsc.png

Microsoft guaranteed 10 years of support for each of the Windows 10 versions. These versions were designed for very specific scenarios, such as workstations without Internet connection.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC is meant for specialty devices and scenarios that simply cannot accept changes or connect to the cloud, but still require a desktop experience: regulated devices that cannot accept feature updates for years at a time, process control devices on the manufacturing floor that never touch the internet, and specialty systems that must stay locked in time and require a long-term support channel.

Starting with the upcoming Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 21H2 release, lifecycles are reduced to a 5 year period. In other words: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC version 21H2 will be supported until 2026; the last LTSC version released by Microsoft, Windows 10 2019 LTSC, will be supported until 2029 thanks to its 10-year support cycle. Current Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC releases will retain their 10-year support lifecycle.

The new support lifecycle is aligned with the support cycle of the next version of Microsoft Office, announced yesterday as well.

The change affects Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC only, and not Windows 10 iOT Enterprise LTSC. The two versions of Windows are "binary equivalents" according to Microsoft; the only difference is found in licensing.

Microsoft recommends that Enterprise customers switch to Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC if a 10-year support cycle is required.

The company explains that it was through conversation with its customers that it decided to make the change to the support lifecycle of the upcoming product.

Through in-depth conversations with customers, we have found that many who previously installed an LTSC version for information worker desktops have found that they do not require the full 10-year lifecycle. With the fast and increasing pace of technological change, it is a challenge to get the up-to-date experience customers expect when using a decade-old product. Where scenarios do require 10 years of support, we have found in our conversations that these needs are often better solved with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC.

Now You: what is your take on the change? (via Deskmodder)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft reduces Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC support to 5 years appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Feb 19, 2021

2. Unable to remove Japanese language pack on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to remove the Japanese language pack from the system.

As you are running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019, I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , as they provide dedicated support for issues happening on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC environment.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 20, 2021
  3. MarcAvt Win User
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Volume License

Good afternoon,

I have two questions about Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC.

1). Is it possible to buy volume license of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC for only 3 computers?

The point is that I need this for different small and big companies that I install only 3 computers for a specific area.

So Volume license is normally for big companies with a big amount of computers but not this case that only is going to be between 3 and 5 computers maximum for each company.

2). Is is possible to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro 1903 to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 version?

Just adding the key I know is possible but my doubt is that Pro version is bigger than the current Enterprise version available right now. So this is going to work?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Marc.

MarcAvt, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Microsoft reduces Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC support to 5 years

Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 LTSC - MAK Activation

Hello,

Our software group is investigating changing our Window 10 Enterprise laptops to Windows 10 LTSC. We are considering this change because of the remote location of the laptops and the increasing issues with upgrading Windows in order to receive service/quality/security
    updates. These laptops are not connected to the Internet at any time. We activate by using another computer connected to the Internet using the VAMT tool (IID and CID files). We have a MAK license with the Windows 10 Enterprise version. When I load the LTSC
    over the Window 10 Enterprise 1809, the Product Keys are not valid. We thought that the same Product Keys would work with LTSC. Is this not the case, or is there another step that needs to take place?

Thanks in advance,

MJ

MaureenJankowski, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft reduces Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC support to 5 years

1. Microsoft reduces Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC support to 5 years - Similar Threads - Microsoft reduces Enterprise

2. If I upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021, will it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021, will it...: I've downloaded the official Microsoft ISO for Enterprise LTSC 2021, I'm currently using Enterprise LTSC 2019 and have been wanting to upgrade to 2021, I've verified that my license is genuine since I ran multiple commands such as:licensingdiag.exe - Opened the cab and found...
  3. If I upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021, will it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021, will it...: I've downloaded the official Microsoft ISO for Enterprise LTSC 2021, I'm currently using Enterprise LTSC 2019 and have been wanting to upgrade to 2021, I've verified that my license is genuine since I ran multiple commands such as:licensingdiag.exe - Opened the cab and found...
  4. Will Windows 11 be in support for at least 5 years?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 11 be in support for at least 5 years?: Hi there,I am currently working on a project that requires documentation to prove that Windows 10 Pro version, or equivalent will have at least 5 years remaining support.Would you be able to let me know if Windows 11 will be in support for at least 5 years? I have looked...
  5. Will Windows 11 be in support for at least 5 years?

Will Windows 11 be in support for at least 5 years?: Hi there,I am currently working on a project that requires documentation to prove that Windows 10 Pro version, or equivalent will have at least 5 years remaining support.Would you be able to let me know if Windows 11 will be in support for at least 5 years? I have looked...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC computer that needs to be activated. I had purchased the computer from a company in Tawian, but they didn't activate it. So it seems I might need to buy a license. How would I go about doing this?...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC computer that needs to be activated. I had purchased the computer from a company in Tawian, but they didn't activate it. So it seems I might need to buy a license. How would I go about doing this?...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

9. Windows 10 LTSC vs Windows 10 LTSC enterprise ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 LTSC vs Windows 10 LTSC enterprise ?: I am confused about this LTSC stuff. Or LTSB I hear these terms too "Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC" and "Windows 10 LTSC" , are these the same stuff ? Or is there difference ? submitted by /u/saveme7593 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC: Hi Please write original Enterprise LTSC license key (oem/mak) Thank you! :) 150612

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot