Windows 10: Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019

Discus and support Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Phone call received from (713) 258-7687. I believed this to be a valid refund claim. After $5000.00 was added to my checking account, I was told it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by twinklestar123, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019

Phone call received from (713) 258-7687. I believed this to be a valid refund claim. After $5000.00 was added to my checking account, I was told it was a mistake. That was withdrawn and $500.00 added. That was then deleted and was in the process of being changed when I was asked if I had a Macy's account. That was where I needed to pickup the refund. I turned my computer at the desktop tower. Then I proceed to call the bank and my account was cancelled. Lesson learned., Star

:)

twinklestar123, Dec 2, 2019

2. scam

I was scammed by PCFix247 and, I don't know, how but Solitech-Solutions interceded on my behalf and advised that they are "official" representatives or agents of Microsoft, and assisted me (I think) to obtain a refund by PCFix 247 which is supposed to be
    credited to my Bank Account by 9/12/2019 for which I received an email from PCFix247 advising that the refund is confirmed and will arrive as mentioned above.

Question - is Solitech -Solutions legitimate and officially associated with Microsoft or are they a scam as well ?

Marty Gruber, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Microsoft Refund Scam

It is a 100% Scam.

Bill Smithers, Dec 2, 2019
  4. NancyLusk Win User

Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019

Microsoft refund ... scam ?

I have had several calls ,purportedly from Microsoft, stating that some program is closing and I would get a refund...if I called this number. Of course, I did not have a pen ready to write down the number, and likely would not have called anyways as I feel
    it's a scam . Is it ???????

thanks

NancyLusk, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019

1. Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Refund Scam

2. Microsoft scamming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft scamming: OKAY, so I ask a question on Microsoft answers and a reply I get is a scammer wanting me to call a number. So lucky for me I checked before I called or ELSE. However the bottom line is unfortunately I cannot trust the replies I get supposedly from Microsoft 'helpers'. I am...
  3. Phone refund scam

Phone refund scam: Today April 8th 2019 I had a guy with a Mideastern or India accent call and tell me I was get a refund from Microsoft for 200 dollars which was funny I have not send Microsoft 200 dollars. Then he want me to give him access to my computer. I told him I don't give anyone...
  4. MICROSOFT refund...REAL OR SCAM??

MICROSOFT refund...REAL OR SCAM??: Security...I received seceral phone calls (finally answered today) from a caller with a distinct accent that said i was due a refund from microsoft of about $300. I am skeptical because he needed a verification code which i have not yet requested and then he supposed;ly...
  5. microsoft scam

microsoft scam: i was fooled into letting a caller get accsess to my laptop by saying it was being hacked.consequently rang microsoft to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-scam/785c1762-d4d8-4951-a8fa-1592007780a3"
  6. Contacted by Scam I was victim to wanting to refund money

Contacted by Scam I was victim to wanting to refund money: I was contacted by a company WINSUPP that I was scammed by previously. They want to refund my money stating that the programs they installed would no longer work on my laptop. After I was scammed I enrolled in your window secure program and they removed all programs that...
  7. Microsoft Scam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Scam: I keep getting a full page of Ibelive Fake Microsoft Scam with a phone number to call how can I get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-scam/20aa506e-23f9-4e89-b37a-468d4e4d7ece
  8. microsoft refund

microsoft refund: I just received a call from barker, NY (716) 795-6100 explaining to me that I was entitled to a Microsoft refund for some security glitch or something. The weird thing is that I had just bought a new computer yesterday. They wanted me to press the windows and R buttons down...
  9. Overdue Microsoft refund.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Overdue Microsoft refund.: I am trying to contact "Kathy Jackson" at Microsoft for a refund I paid 05/06/18 for Microsoft tech support. She left a message to call her for a refund but the phone number she left is continually busy! I've been trying for several days. Very frustrating!!...
  10. Avangate - Another Co. that does NOT REFUND (Scam)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avangate - Another Co. that does NOT REFUND (Scam): I purchased $59 worth of Piriform software (CCleaner Lifetime, plus four other programs) from AVANGATE.COM I decided I did not need the extra programs and I can get CCleaner (Lifetime) a lot cheaper (w/coupon code) somewhere else. The programs were never installed or...