Windows 10: Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019

Discus and support Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Phone call received from (713) 258-7687. I believed this to be a valid refund claim. After $5000.00 was added to my checking account, I was told it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by twinklestar123, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019

Phone call received from (713) 258-7687. I believed this to be a valid refund claim. After $5000.00 was added to my checking account, I was told it was a mistake. That was withdrawn and $500.00 added. That was then deleted and was in the process of being changed when I was asked if I had a Macy's account. That was where I needed to pickup the refund. I turned my computer at the desktop tower. Then I proceed to call the bank and my account was cancelled. Lesson learned., Star

:)

twinklestar123, Dec 2, 2019

2. scam

I was scammed by PCFix247 and, I don't know, how but Solitech-Solutions interceded on my behalf and advised that they are "official" representatives or agents of Microsoft, and assisted me (I think) to obtain a refund by PCFix 247 which is supposed to be
    credited to my Bank Account by 9/12/2019 for which I received an email from PCFix247 advising that the refund is confirmed and will arrive as mentioned above.

Question - is Solitech -Solutions legitimate and officially associated with Microsoft or are they a scam as well ?

Marty Gruber, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Microsoft Refund Scam

It is a 100% Scam.

Bill Smithers, Dec 2, 2019
  4. NancyLusk Win User

Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019

Microsoft refund ... scam ?

I have had several calls ,purportedly from Microsoft, stating that some program is closing and I would get a refund...if I called this number. Of course, I did not have a pen ready to write down the number, and likely would not have called anyways as I feel
    it's a scam . Is it ???????

thanks

NancyLusk, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019

1. Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Refund Scam

2. Canon - Printer - 2/22/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.1.1.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon - Printer - 2/22/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.1.1.0: Canon - Printer - 2/22/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.1.1.0This driver is not installed in windows update it always shows error "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...
  3. Server 2019 Esentials Refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2019 Esentials Refund: Hi, I bought windows server 2019 a couple of days ago and soon realised that it will not do the job I would like to return it for a refund. I have called all teh numbers I can find and tried support.microsoft.com/oas, but it says I have to buy a support pack to continue. All...
  4. Server 2019 Esentials Refund

Server 2019 Esentials Refund: Hi, I bought windows server 2019 a couple of days ago and soon realised that it will not do the job I would like to return it for a refund. I have called all teh numbers I can find and tried support.microsoft.com/oas, but it says I have to buy a support pack to continue. All...
  5. Microsoft Game Refund a Scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Game Refund a Scam?: So I bought two copies of Crackdown 3 a few days ago for my brother's birthday and I was able to play for a couple of hours. The next day I tried to load it and nothing... I got to the "Press any button to continue" and the game froze.Since that moment I've tried "resetting"...
  6. Microsoft Refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Refund: I have requested a refund for a product from a game because I accidentally bought it twice and Microsoft itself has approved of my refund but all it says its pending. What is going on cause I've been waiting and nothing has happened and Microsoft hasn't given back my money....
  7. Microsoft Refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Refund: Hello, A few days ago, I decided to start a refund on one of my purchases since I purchased the wrong version. I used the Digital Game Purchase Refund form to attempt a refund. The purchase that I started a refund on was eligible to be returned, and it began to be...
  8. Phone refund scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone refund scam: Today April 8th 2019 I had a guy with a Mideastern or India accent call and tell me I was get a refund from Microsoft for 200 dollars which was funny I have not send Microsoft 200 dollars. Then he want me to give him access to my computer. I told him I don't give anyone...
  9. MICROSOFT refund...REAL OR SCAM??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT refund...REAL OR SCAM??: Security...I received seceral phone calls (finally answered today) from a caller with a distinct accent that said i was due a refund from microsoft of about $300. I am skeptical because he needed a verification code which i have not yet requested and then he supposed;ly...
  10. Avangate - Another Co. that does NOT REFUND (Scam)

Avangate - Another Co. that does NOT REFUND (Scam): I purchased $59 worth of Piriform software (CCleaner Lifetime, plus four other programs) from AVANGATE.COM I decided I did not need the extra programs and I can get CCleaner (Lifetime) a lot cheaper (w/coupon code) somewhere else. The programs were never installed or...