Windows 10: Microsoft related Apps are not responding properly to mouse clicks/weird scrolling W10

Discus and support Microsoft related Apps are not responding properly to mouse clicks/weird scrolling W10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone, recently, my Microsoft related apps e.g. calendar, clock, edge, settings have this weird bug that I can best show you with this video I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkusM3, Apr 8, 2020.

1. MarkusM3 Win User

Microsoft related Apps are not responding properly to mouse clicks/weird scrolling W10

Hey everyone,

recently, my Microsoft related apps e.g. calendar, clock, edge, settings have this weird bug that I can best show you with this video I captured:

https://streamable.com/g1sm1

some buttons don't respond to clicks, only visually. sometimes it works when i spam click the button, sometimes not at all. Additionally, there is this weird scrolling going on without me actually scrolling

This only happens inside of Windows/Microsoft Applications, not inside of other Browsers, Applications or Games.

It makes some Settings inaccessible, so I really need help on this one.

:)

MarkusM3, Apr 8, 2020
  2. VroDAX Win User

Feedback: All Apps Start menu does not scroll properly when folder is expanded

I would like to report a bug in the scrollbar handling for the All Apps list in the Start Menu. When you expand one or more folders in the All Apps list the scrollbar does not track the mouse properly.

Duplication steps:

In the Start Menu click All Apps

Scroll down to the Windows Accessories folder and click on it to expand it.

Now, using the mouse, click and hold on the scrollbar button then scroll back and forth to the top and bottom of the list.

The mouse does not stay on the scrollbar as you scroll. In order to scroll all the way to the top or the bottom. You have to release the mouse button and click and hold again to scroll all the way to either end.

Most likely this occurs because the scollbar maximum property is not properly set when folders are expanded.

VroDAX, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Weird Auto Scroll

For some reason i'm suddenly having a strange issue with my mouse on Windows 10.

If I try and click on any Drop Down list box they automatically close, if I select all apps and move my mouse cursor over the apps it will quickly scroll to the bottom. if I turn my mouse off (it's a wifi mouse) the phenomenon will still occur.

I can use the mouse to drag the list of apps back to the top but as soon as I let go of the mouse button back down it goes.

Note: I just tried a drop down list in World of Warcraft and the problem does not exist.

i.e.

Chrome (this webpage) - I have to use a keyboard to select the options

Windows Apps - these auto scroll

World of Warcraft - No weird behaviour

DerrickHobson, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Microsoft related Apps are not responding properly to mouse clicks/weird scrolling W10

Mouse scrolles up when im scrolling down

There may be an issue with the driver of your mouse that is why you're encountering difficulties when scrolling. We suggest that you uninstall the driver of your mouse, and then restart the computer to re-install the driver. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • On the Device Manager window, double-click Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click the mouse driver, and then click Uninstall.
    • On the prompt window, click the check box and click OK.
    • Turn off the computer by pressing the ALT and F4
      buttons together, and then press Enter. Please take note that you may need to press the buttons twice for you to see the window that will allow you to turn off the computer.
    • After turning off the computer, turn it on after 10 seconds.
    • Check if you can scroll properly.

Kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft related Apps are not responding properly to mouse clicks/weird scrolling W10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft related Apps

2. Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.: Photos within a specific folder will either loop through photos I've already scrolled past, or completely skip others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app-scrolls-weird/f967a84f-9cd0-4c71-be18-faa1577305f4
  3. Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.: Photos within a specific folder will either loop through photos I've already scrolled past, or completely skip others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app-scrolls-weird/f967a84f-9cd0-4c71-be18-faa1577305f4
  4. Apps not responding properly and wireless mouse is not sticking and not moving properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not responding properly and wireless mouse is not sticking and not moving properly.: Hi This morning I started my computer and a pop up came on about an error. The system asked me to click to continue. It checked the system and said that everything was OK. I tried running an app I used yesterday but it was not responding like it should. My mouse was slow and...
  5. Apps not responding properly and wireless mouse is not sticking and not moving properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not responding properly and wireless mouse is not sticking and not moving properly.: Hi This morning I started my computer and a pop up came on about an error. The system asked me to click to continue. It checked the system and said that everything was OK. I tried running an app I used yesterday but it was not responding like it should. My mouse was slow and...
  6. apps not responding properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps not responding properly: My apps in start menu not responding properly. I need to click them multiple times before it will open. I dont have this kind of issue before but I dont know where it started. I dont have issues opening apps in the pinned taskbar only in the start menu so if there is anything...
  7. Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  8. Apps not responding to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not responding to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  9. Mouse clicks not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks not responding: Today, I opened the computer. On the lock screen, everything worked as normal, but once it started, no mouse clicks would respond. If I hover over something in the taskbar, it lights up as it should, but clicking on anything does nothing. If I use the touchscreen, the clicks...
  10. Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks: This was a small, non-issue previously; I would turn on my computer, login to Windows and sometimes I wouldn't be able to click anything on my taskbar. Hitting the Windows key on my keyboard fixed this. This happened before the anniversary update and changing GPU, but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft solitaire not responding