Windows 10: Microsoft released Windows 10 update to fix power/sleep

Discus and support Microsoft released Windows 10 update to fix power/sleep in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has pushed out an update for the Windows 10 technical preview that it released on Tuesday which will fix the power or sleep issues that your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft released Windows 10 update to fix power/sleep

Read more...

:)

Brink, Oct 22, 2014

2. Laptop will not shut down after Windows 10 update.

Why does EVERYONE from Microsoft keep responding with the same thing? It's NOT in power settings. Release another update and fix this issue. Every one is having it. Sleep mode doesn't work at all. The computers just power down anyway.

TiffanyKudrikow, Oct 22, 2014
  3. S1969 Win User
    Why Power button does not show Sleep option?

Thanks for your reply.

1. My computer is Dell XPS 8700

2. No error messages

I see Sleep option disappearing from power menu of-and-off, especially after I download Window 10 update. After posting my issue, I restored power default settings and then restarted computer, I now see sleep option restored.

But the question is why Sleep option disappears every time I update Windows 10? I hope Microsoft engineers fix this issue permanently and nake Sleep option as a must in your default.

Thank you.

S1969, Oct 22, 2014
  4. DavidE Win User

DavidE, Oct 22, 2014
  5. linw Win User
    Mine has that update (KB3010668), David. Worked again a few minutes ago with a Defender update.

Another YEAH!

Thank goodness the sleep thread won't go much further, unlike another power thread we know about.

Feel a bit lost, now, though, with nothing to worry/winge about!! I went through a large pile of paper with my notes on my attempts to isolate the 8.1 power issues and thankfully heaved them in the bin.

Hope everyone else with the sticky svchost issue is fixed now. Can't imagine how you couldn't be.

6. DavidE Win User
    I just got another Defender definition update.
    The svchost.exe request disappeared quickly !
    Looks like the latest patch fixed the issue for me !!!

DavidE, Oct 22, 2014
  7. Hey Linw,

Yeah, such a delight to see my computer lazily blinking its power light and the machine in deep slumber dreaming in binary code about world conquest.

And I didn't have to do ANYTHING to make this happen. MS finally fixed the problem with my computer.

John Pombrio, Oct 23, 2014
  8. linw Win User

Yep, feels good, John.

9. I have two svchost calls in my powerconfig -requests. Checked but KB3010668 is not installed and is not being offered when I Check for Updates.

gregrocker, Oct 24, 2014
  10. DavidE Win User
    I wondered if they might have pulled this patch.
    I uninstalled it, rebooted, and the update is offered to me again.
    Are you getting Windows Defender definition updates, so you know Windows Update is working ?

DavidE, Oct 24, 2014
  11. Check your update history. it might have squeezed in there:

Microsoft released Windows 10 update to fix power/sleep [​IMG]

John Pombrio, Oct 24, 2014
  12. Defender Updates are there but still don't see the patch:

Microsoft released Windows 10 update to fix power/sleep [​IMG]

gregrocker, Oct 24, 2014
  13. DavidE Win User

Did you install the Build 9860 update ?
    Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available

Your Update history is different than mine.
    My History is wiped out from before the 9860 update, but I did cleanup system files after installing 9860.
    I'm also using WTP 32 bit in a VM.

DavidE, Oct 24, 2014
  14. My desktop says 9841. Am I behind already? I plead 6-8 hours per day at 7F. *Confused

How would I update that?

gregrocker, Oct 24, 2014
  15. DavidE Win User
    Yes, you're behind *Sad

Go to PC Settings, Update and recovery, Preview builds and click the Check Now button to go get it now.

DavidE, Oct 24, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft released Windows 10 update to fix power/sleep - Similar Threads - Microsoft released update

2. Nvidia releases 416.81 WHQL driver update for Windows 10 with fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia releases 416.81 WHQL driver update for Windows 10 with fixes: Nvidia today released a new GeForce Game Ready WHQL 416.81 driver update which comes with many improvements and fixes. This is the same update which was released to the beta users a couple of weeks ago. The update comes with optimizations for Battlefield V along with many...
  3. Microsoft releases mysterious updates for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases mysterious updates for Windows 10: Microsoft released -- better re-released -- the updates KB4458469 and KB4457136 on September 26, 2018 for Windows 10 version 1709 and Windows 10 version 1803. What makes the re-release rather problematic is that Microsoft provides virtually no explanation as to why the...
  4. Microsoft re-releases Windows 10 October 2018 Update to Insiders with fix for deletion bug

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft re-releases Windows 10 October 2018 Update to Insiders with fix for deletion bug: Microsoft has finally addressed the rather controversial and the so-called critical bug in Windows 10 October 2018 Update that accidentally trashed the users content. Microsoft says that the fixed version of Windows 10 October 2018 Update is now available to the Windows...
  5. Microsoft releases a new patch to fix update issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases a new patch to fix update issues on Windows 10: Microsoft today started rolling out a new patch to fix issues with Windows Update. The patch KB4056254 is supposed to fix the update issues on Windows 10 version 1703 (Creators Update) and older, including version 1507 (original Windows 10 RTM). It’s worth mentioning that...
  6. Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10: Microsoft yesterday rolled out an update for Photos app on Windows 10, and it appears that new version is available for everyone. The update for Windows 10 Photos app brings no new features and improvements, but Microsoft has quietly added video editor shortcut to the Start...
  7. Power button sleep on Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Power button sleep on Creators Update: I'm running Dell XPS 15 (9550) which I use for work. Finally our admins have upgraded McAfee which used to prevent Cretors Update from coming on my machine. Since a couple of days I'm running CU then! I have "sleep" function linked heto t power button settings (in power...
  8. Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Cumulative Update 10586.338 to Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Cumulative Update 10586.338 to Insiders: Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Cumulative Update 10586.338 to Insiders Redmond testing new cumulative update before public launch Microsoft is expected to release a new cumulative update for Windows 10 PCs in the coming days, as the company has already started testing...
  9. Microsoft Releases New and Improved Power BI Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases New and Improved Power BI Preview: [img] Today is an incredibly exciting day as we unveil the new Power BI – a service we believe will fundamentally transform the “business of business intelligence.” Power BI can help every company adopt a data culture with easy-to-use, accessible tools and innovative...
  10. Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10: Hi, First, this forum is awsome! Second, here is my problem. I did what they say in this video to unable High Performance power option ( Unlock All Power Options On Surface Pro 3 High performance mode, cpu ang gpu options ulocked - YouTube ). It was pretty simple. I...