Windows 10: Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders

Discus and support Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has announced a new Sound Recorder app for users in the Dev Channel of the Windows 11 Insider Preview Program. It replaces the Voice Recorder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 11, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders

Microsoft has announced a new Sound Recorder app for users in the Dev Channel of the Windows 11 Insider Preview Program. It replaces the Voice Recorder app, and brings a revamped design with more options.

Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders Microsoft-releases-a-new-Sound-Recorder-app-for-Windows-11-Insiders.jpg

For comparison, here is what the current version of Voice Recorder looks like.

Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders Voice-Recorder-Windows-11.jpg

Sound Recorder moves the "Start Recording" button from the left-hand side of the screen to the bottom. The app has the Preview tag on the title bar to indicate it is still in an early phase.

Sound Recorder's interface has a timeline to indicate the duration that the app has been recording the audio for. You may drag the marker (line) to a specific point in the timeline to listen to the audio from that point.

Initiating a recording no longer switches to another screen, instead the Start Recording button changes to the Stop button. The recordings that have been saved, are listed in the sidebar to the left. The keyboard shortcuts in the new app remain identical to the ones in the old version, use Ctrl + R to start recording, Escape to stop it, and Space to pause or play the audio.Sound Recorder's side panel has an option to import an existing audio file and edit it.

Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders Sound-Recorder-app-settings.jpg

While Voice Recorder can save files in the M4A format, the new Sound Recorder supports M4A, MP3, WMA, FLAC, and WAV audio formats. You can set the audio quality to auto, the best quality (large file size), high quality (the default setting), or medium quality (small file size), in the app's Settings.

The Mark button, in the bottom right corner of Sound Recorder's window, can be used to mark two places in the timeline. The markers can be accessed from the three-dot menu, it also has an option to control the playback speed. You can set it to run at 0.25x, 0.5x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x or 4x speed.

Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders Sound-Recorder-Windows-11.jpg

Moving to the bottom left corner, the button here can be used to change the Recording Device. If you have a laptop and a headset, and you want to use the microphone from one of the two sources to capture the audio, you can set it from this menu.

Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders Sound-Recorder-app-right-click-menu.jpg

The options to share the recorded audio, and to rename it, are located in the top right corner of the program's interface. You can also right-click on the items in the sidebar to access these options. The app has an optional Dark Theme that you can toggle from the Settings, or set it to follow the system's theme setting to automatically shift between the Light and Dark modes.

Running the Voice Recorder app automatically downloads the latest version, i.e. Sound Recorder. The auto-upgrade cannot be prevented. The current version of Sound Recorder Preview is 11.2202.81.0.

Microsoft has redesigned other classic apps including Paint, Notepad, Media Player, etc., and they have been pretty good. The Redmond company is also expected to roll out a new web-based app called One Outlook, in the coming weeks. A leaked version of the app has been making the rounds on the internet, though it cannot be used with personal accounts, i.e. you need to log in with a work or education account. Replacing the built-in Mail app in Windows with a progressive web app (PWA) seems like a controversial idea, but let's wait for the official roll out to begin before jumping to conclusions.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 11, 2022

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 11, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    New Samsung Screen Recorder app available for Windows 10

A new Samsung Screen Recorder app is now available to download from the Microsoft Store for Windows 10. You can record selected PC screen with PC sound and MIC.

The app features an always-on-top app bar which will let you:

• Start screen recording
    • Take a screenshot
    • Launch a webcam window
    • Launch the app settings
    You can select the screen to record (useful for a dual-monitor setup), select a webcam as the source, and adjust the following parameters:

• Video resolution of the recording (up to a low quality of 720 × 480)
    • Audio On / Off (and audio source selection)
    • Yes / no display of the cursor icon during recording and associated click effects
    • Select the folder where to save the recordings
    • Image format selection of screenshots (PNG, JPEG, TIFF and BMP)
    • Quick keyboard input customization
    • Other information, app usage guide, etc.
    • Recording will start after a 3-second count-down timer.
    Download: Samsung Screen Recorder | Microsoft Store

Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders [​IMG]

Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders [​IMG]

Brink, May 11, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Sound recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

You may follow the steps to find Sound recorder

• Type voice recorder in search box
    • You will find the voice recorder
    • If it is not there you can go to windows store and download
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, May 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft releases a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11 Insiders - Similar Threads - Microsoft releases Sound

2. Can not find the Sound recording/voice recording Windows 11 insiders user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not find the Sound recording/voice recording Windows 11 insiders user: I have joined the insider programs of windows 11 for a while, still updating regularly, but today when I need to find an application to record voice that is available on windows Sound recording/voice recording I can't find it even though I've searched all over the directory,...
  3. Can not find the Sound recording/voice recording Windows 11 insiders user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not find the Sound recording/voice recording Windows 11 insiders user: I have joined the insider programs of windows 11 for a while, still updating regularly, but today when I need to find an application to record voice that is available on windows Sound recording/voice recording I can't find it even though I've searched all over the directory,...
  4. Microsoft releases two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel: Microsoft has released not 1, but two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel. Some users will get Build 22621, while others may get Build 22622. [ATTACH] Why has Microsoft released Build 22621 and Build 22622 simultaneously? The main difference is that...
  5. Windows 11 Released New Notepad for more Insiders!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Released New Notepad for more Insiders!: The Microsoft has just rolled out New Notepad for more Insiders with new animations and new Fluent UI.Click here for more information about New Notepad: Redesigned Notepad for Windows 11 begins rolling out to Windows InsidersHow to download New Notepad? - 1. Go to Microsoft...
  6. Windows 11 Released New Notepad for more Insiders!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Released New Notepad for more Insiders!: The Microsoft has just rolled out New Notepad for more Insiders with new animations and new Fluent UI.Click here for more information about New Notepad: Redesigned Notepad for Windows 11 begins rolling out to Windows InsidersHow to download New Notepad? - 1. Go to Microsoft...
  7. Sound-recording-app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sound-recording-app: Hello all: The old versions of MS Windows, such as Windows2000, has an app to be used for sound-recording. Does the Window10 also have the sound-recording-app? where?...
  8. Microsoft is not planning to release a new Windows 10 Insider build this week

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is not planning to release a new Windows 10 Insider build this week: Microsoft is hard at work in adding new features and improvements to its next major update codenamed “19H1” which the company plans to release in the Spring/April 2019. Microsoft’s Brandon LeBlanc has confirmed that Microsoft will not be releasing any new Fast Ring builds...
  9. Microsoft releases new Insider build 10828 for Office suite on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases new Insider build 10828 for Office suite on Windows: Microsoft has just released September 2018 update for Office Insiders, bringing a bunch of improvements and fixes. These changes would become available to public customers once testing with Insiders is complete. At the moment, the new Office preview build is available for...
  10. Microsoft releases Windows 10 Build 17692 for Insiders with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases Windows 10 Build 17692 for Insiders with new features: Microsoft is today rolling out yet another build from the Redstone 5 branch to the beta testers. The company today released Windows 10 Build 17692 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring and Skip Ahead. Windows 10 Build 17692 comes with new features and improvements....