Windows 10: Microsoft releases KB5011563 Update Preview for Windows 11 stable channel

Discus and support Microsoft releases KB5011563 Update Preview for Windows 11 stable channel in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The KB5011563 Update for Windows 11 is now available for users in the stable channel. The patch was released a couple of weeks ago for Insiders in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 29, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft releases KB5011563 Update Preview for Windows 11 stable channel

The KB5011563 Update for Windows 11 is now available for users in the stable channel. The patch was released a couple of weeks ago for Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview Channels.

Microsoft releases KB5011563 Update Preview for Windows 11 stable channel Microsoft-releases-KB5011563-Update-Preview-for-Windows-11.jpg
    What's new in the KB5011563 Update

The notification panel in the Alert Center has been changed slightly, it will now display up to 3 high-priority notifications simultaneously. These include alerts for calls, reminders, and alarms. In total, users can now see 4 toast messages, i.e., 1 normal notification and 3 high priority alerts. UWP apps that have been set to run when Windows boots, should now run automatically at start, after a problem that was preventing them from executing was debugged. Selecting a file in OneDrive might cause the app to lose focus if you rename a file and hit the Enter key, if it happens you will need to select the file again.

The update fixes several bugs that have been reported by users. A bug that was causing computers to start slowly has been narrowed down to occur on systems connected to 5G wireless wide area network (WWAN). A UI thread in the networking stopped responding, which in turn was causing an increase in the start-up time of Windows. The KB5011563 Update addresses this problem. The User Account Control dialog (UAC prompt) will display the application that is requesting elevated privileges.

A memory leak issue in WMIPICMP.DLL that was flagging false alarms in the System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) datacenter monitoring system has been mitigated. The KB5011563 Windows Update patches a stop error 0xD1, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in the DirectX kernel component.

Searching for the word Widgets using Search/Start takes you to the Taskbar Settings page, which can be handy if you don't know where to toggle the button on/off. There is a simpler way to access this page, right-click on an empty area of the Taskbar and select Taskbar Settings.

Microsoft releases KB5011563 Update Preview for Windows 11 stable channel Windows-11-update-kb5011563.jpg

Many users had complained that the Outlook app was not returning search results from recent mails while offline, Searchindexer.exe has been patched to sort out this issue. SMB Sharing via an IP Address should work correctly when SMB Hardening is enabled.

KB5011563 Update is available as a Cumulative Update Preview, if you don't want to wait for the software update to be released on Patch Tuesday, you may choose to install it from the Windows Update screen in the Settings app right now. You will need to restart the computer to apply the changes in the update. If you want to download the offline patch for the latest C release, head over to the Microsoft Catalog website. The firmware version for the update is Windows 11 Build 22000.593.

Microsoft releases KB5011563 Update Preview for Windows 11 stable channel windows-11-set-default-browser-easily.jpg

One important change that was introduced in the KB5011563 Update, and not mentioned in its release notes, is that you can now set the default browser with a single-click from the settings app, as opposed to individually editing the options for the .HTM, .HTML, HTTP, HTTPS, .PDF, and .SHTML file types and protocols. We spotted this first in a Dev Channel build that was released in December 2021. Hopefully, this QoL feature will be expanded for other file types to allow users to set their default video player, image viewer, etc., more easily.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft releases KB5011563 Update Preview for Windows 11 stable channel appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 29, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Update on Stable channel releases for Microsoft Edge

Source: Update on Stable channel releases for Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows

Brink, Mar 29, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Update on Stable channel releases for Microsoft Edge

UPDATE 3/31:

To align with the Chromium schedule, we plan on skipping build 82 to focus on the quality for the release of Microsoft Edge 81 to our Stable channel in the coming weeks. Our Dev and Canary channels are now on build 83.

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twitter

Brink, Mar 29, 2022
  4. Microsoft releases KB5011563 Update Preview for Windows 11 stable channel

unable to update from release preview channel to windows 10 2004 Error Code (0xc1900101)

currently running window insider release preview channel. Edition Windows Home Version 1903 OS build 19025.1051

Got windows update to 2004 from window update center, but update failed with error code 0xc1900101

this is a desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 cpu, 24GB of RAM.

I've tried steps listed on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/019e3bca-e262-40b3-acda-ceae1cef96c2?page=4 but
    didn't work

when running sfc /scannow on CMD I got

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

then I check the log on C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log I found

2020-08-02 11:57:37, Info CBS Cannot finalize a session that has been finalized. [HRESULT = 0x800f0842]

don't know if it is related.

This build expires on July 31. It is already passed that date and windows keep prompt me to update. But I couldn't install the suggested update. It would be great if anyone can help

CharlieBond2, Mar 29, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft releases KB5011563 Update Preview for Windows 11 stable channel

1. Microsoft releases KB5011563 Update Preview for Windows 11 stable channel - Similar Threads - Microsoft releases KB5011563

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 has been released to the Dev Channel. It adds a new way to use Windows Spotlight, a Multi-App Kiosk Mode, and fixes many bugs. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 Windows Spotlight The update adds a new...
  3. Microsoft releases two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel: Microsoft has released not 1, but two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel. Some users will get Build 22621, while others may get Build 22622. [ATTACH] Why has Microsoft released Build 22621 and Build 22622 simultaneously? The main difference is that...
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 is now available for participants in the Developer Channel. This version contains a ton of fixes, with a few minor changes to the overall experience. [ATTACH] Notable changes in Windows 11 Build 22504 Build 22494, which was released...
  5. Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation: I missed the invitation to go to the Beta channel and the Release Preview Channel . My computer does not meet the hardware requirement for Win11. How can I get the current version, 21H2 Build 19044.1147 KB5004296 downloaded so I don't have to wipe my computer?...
  6. Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation: I missed the invitation to go to the Beta channel and the Release Preview Channel . My computer does not meet the hardware requirement for Win11. How can I get the current version, 21H2 Build 19044.1147 KB5004296 downloaded so I don't have to wipe my computer?...
  7. Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. When will Windows 10 21H2 be released to the release preview channel?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When will Windows 10 21H2 be released to the release preview channel?: As my device doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run Windows 11, it was moved to the release preview channel. Will Windows 10 21H2 Sun Valley be released? If yes then when?...
  9. Microsoft releases the first build of the Windows 11 Insider Preview to the Dev Channel,...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases the first build of the Windows 11 Insider Preview to the Dev Channel,...: Microsoft has released the first Windows 11 Insider Preview Build to users to test before the free upgrade lands this holiday season. An ISO for this update has not been released, and the announcement post doesn't mention if an image will be made available. [ATTACH] The...
  10. Update on Stable channel releases for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Update on Stable channel releases for Microsoft Edge: In light of current global circumstances, the Microsoft Edge team is pausing updates to the Stable channel for Microsoft Edge. This means that Microsoft Edge 81 will not be promoted to Stable until we resume these updates. We are making this change to be consistent with the...