Windows 10: Microsoft releases PowerToys 0.20 with Color Picker tool

Discus and support Microsoft releases PowerToys 0.20 with Color Picker tool in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released a new version of its revived PowerToys collection of tools on July 31, 2020. The release brings the version to 0.20 and introduces a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Aug 1, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft releases PowerToys 0.20 with Color Picker tool

Microsoft released a new version of its revived PowerToys collection of tools on July 31, 2020. The release brings the version to 0.20 and introduces a new Color Picker tool as well as improvements for other tools of the collection.

Interested users may download the latest version from the project's GitHub website; users who have enabled automatic updates in the program's settings will receive the update automatically.

The big new feature of PowerToys 0.20 is the new Color Picker tool. Microsoft mapped the shortcut Windows-Shift-C to the tool so that you may run it anywhere as long as PowerToys is running in the background.

Microsoft releases PowerToys 0.20 with Color Picker tool color-picker.png

Color information is displayed next to the mouse cursor once you invoke the program with the help of the shortcut.

A left-click copies the hex code of the color that is displayed by the tool to the Clipboard. You may change what is copied in the settings; the only other option at the time of writing is RGB values.

Microsoft releases PowerToys 0.20 with Color Picker tool color-picker-settings.png

PowerToys 0.20 improves several of the integrated tools, namely the keyboard manager tool, the launcher, and FanzyZones.

The functionality of the keyboard manager has improved in two meaningful ways. The first improvement introduces app level shortcuts which allows you to remap shortcuts of an app.

Example: For Outlook, Remap Ctrl+F to F4 and now Ctrl+F will put up the find window Microsoft releases PowerToys 0.20 with Color Picker tool :)

Additionally, it is now possible to remap keys to shortcuts and shortcuts to a key.

FanzyZones, a tool to create layouts for windows on the desktop, allows users to snap to any number of zones using the shortcut Shift-Ctrl.

The launcher PT Run received several improvements in the new version. It detects applications that were freshly installed now so that they may be run using the launcher. Users may also notice performance improvements and that keyboard interaction with the interface improved.

Closing Words

PowerToys is a handy collection of tools that include handy Explorer features such as the rename or resize tools, and standalone tools such as FanzyZones, the lancher, or the new Color Picker.

Now You: Have you tried the new PowerToys on your systems?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft releases PowerToys 0.20 with Color Picker tool appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.19.1 released for Windows 10

Source: Release Release v0.19.1 . microsoft/PowerToys . GitHub

How to Download and Install Microsoft PowerToys in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.19.2 released for Windows 10

Source: Release Release v0.19.2 . microsoft/PowerToys . GitHub

Brink, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.18.2 released for Windows 10

Source:

Brink, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft releases PowerToys 0.20 with Color Picker tool - Similar Threads - Microsoft releases PowerToys

2. color picker

in Windows 10 Customization
    color picker: hello, It will be very usefull to have a windows tool with we could select a colour to have its hexdecimal code, or to pick the color into the clipboard to use in the apps. Samuel...
  3. resizing color picker in sketchable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    resizing color picker in sketchable: hi, I can move color picker but can no longer enlarge it Please help Thanks. Windows 10 on a surface pro 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-color-picker-in-sketchable/ee47a7ae-229d-4320-adbc-267dfc68f01a
  4. I made a PowerToys Promo for Color Picker, TBH the color picker it's really useful for me.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I made a PowerToys Promo for Color Picker, TBH the color picker it's really useful for me.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NotDeathlyVirus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ife18s/i_made_a_powertoys_promo_for_color_picker_tbh_the/
  5. PowerToys now includes a colour picker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PowerToys now includes a colour picker: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenmsft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1b5pq/powertoys_now_includes_a_colour_picker/
  6. How to use Color Picker module in Windows PowerToys

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Color Picker module in Windows PowerToys: [ATTACH]PowerToys has recently come up with a new module for Windows 10. This new application is Color Picker that will allow the users to get […] This article How to use Color Picker module in Windows PowerToys first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.14.0 released for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.14.0 released for Windows 10: How to install For new and existing users, head to Releases . microsoft/PowerToys . GitHub and download the PowerToysSetup.msi installer. How to Download and Install Microsoft PowerToys in Windows 10 What’s new inside 0.14.0 FancyZones Changes: Removed legacy editor...
  8. Microsoft releases first preview of PowerToys for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases first preview of PowerToys for Windows 10: The first public release of PowerToys is now available for download featuring the two utilities FanzyZones and Shortcuts Guide. Microsoft revealed in May 2019 that it wanted to revive PowerToys and make it open source in the process. Veteran Windows users may remember...
  9. Is it possible to save 'custom colors' to the color picker ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to save 'custom colors' to the color picker ?: I would like to add and save colors to 'Custom colors' in the color picker (see below), so, the next time I need the color picker, my Custom colors' are there again. My experience is that those colors are just stored temporarily, probably for just one session, i.e. the...
  10. Color picker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color picker: Hi, is there a color picker tool in Fresh Paint or Paint 3D to pick an existing color on the photo and place that color on another area of the photo? Thanks much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-picker/e26e9e01-706c-4593-be3c-5cbe54883c40