Windows 10: Microsoft releases Raw Image Extension for Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft releases Raw Image Extension for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The high-end smartphones and professional DSLRs save images as JPEG files for convenience, but the devices still allow users to save images in RAW... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 6, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft releases Raw Image Extension for Windows 10

The high-end smartphones and professional DSLRs save images as JPEG files for convenience, but the devices still allow users to save images in RAW format. Unlike JPEG or PNG images, RAW image files contain minimally processed data captured by your device’s image sensor.

While Windows 10’s File Explorer or Microsoft Photos app can access the RAW image file format thumbnails and information, some propriety formats are not supported by the platform.

In Windows 7 or older, you were required to download Camera Codec Pack to view RAW image file format thumbnails and image information in Explorer. The Codex is pre-installed on Windows 10 devices but it’s not enough to access all RAW images formats.

Recently, Microsoft published ‘Raw Image Extension’ in the Windows Store and it adds native viewing support for RAW format images.

“By installing the package, you will be able to view thumbnails and metadata of supported raw file formats right in Windows File Explorer or view images in the Photos app,” Microsoft explains. The company says that the extension should be also able to decode and extract EXIF metadata from Raw image file formats.

It is, however, worth noting that some Raw formats like CR3 and GPR are currently not supported. Unfortunately, some of Adobe’s DNG format images may also fail to launch on Windows 10.

Support for more devices and Raw formats will be added to Windows 10 in a future release. At this point, Microsoft hasn’t confirmed when the company plans to add support for additional formats but it’s likely to happen soon.

If you’re interested, you can find Raw Image Extension in the Store from here.

The post Microsoft releases Raw Image Extension for Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 6, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft releases Raw Image Extension for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft releases Raw

2. Raw image extension not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raw image extension not working.: I can only see thums of the raw picture dng, cr2, cr3 if I first preview the files in photo. After the preview of each individual picture I have to go back to the folder click on empty space to get the "more options" , and after clicking on it and then doing refresh. After...
  3. Raw image extension not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Raw image extension not working.: I can only see thums of the raw picture dng, cr2, cr3 if I first preview the files in photo. After the preview of each individual picture I have to go back to the folder click on empty space to get the "more options" , and after clicking on it and then doing refresh. After...
  4. Raw Image Extension not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raw Image Extension not working: I used the Microsoft store to get the Raw Image Extension so I could see my raw images in Explorer. It supports my camera. I have the latest version of Win 10. I am pretty sure I clicked something, which probably said GET. As it is not working, I went back to the store to try...
  5. Raw Image Extension not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raw Image Extension not working: I used the Microsoft store to get the Raw Image Extension so I could see my raw images in Explorer. It supports my camera. I have the latest version of Win 10. I am pretty sure I clicked something, which probably said GET. As it is not working, I went back to the store to try...
  6. Raw Image Extension not working

7. Raw Image extension won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raw Image extension won't install: Hello,I am on version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1466 and tried to install the Raw image extension. When I click get it shows a dialog box including the message: Thanks for your interest in the Raw Image Extension. You can acquire the extension to install on your devices, but...
  8. Raw Image extension won't install

Raw Image extension won't install: Hello,I am on version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1466 and tried to install the Raw image extension. When I click get it shows a dialog box including the message: Thanks for your interest in the Raw Image Extension. You can acquire the extension to install on your devices, but...
  9. Raw Image extension won't install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. RAW Extension - Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    RAW Extension - Microsoft Store: Good Morning all I have been editing RAW files via Lightroom on my PC for a good year with no issues This morning i uploaded my RAW Files, same as any day and its telling me i require the RAW Extension on the Microsoft Store Every time i press install nothing happens........

Users found this page by searching for:

1. raw image extensión windows 10

2. raw image extension

3. raw extension windows 10

4. raw image extension for windows 10,
  5. raw image extension download,
  6. raw image extension microsoft,
  7. raw image extension windows,
  8. windows raw image extension,
  9. raw image extention,
  10. raw image extension not working,
  11. raw extension for windows 10,