Windows 10: Microsoft Releases Security Updates for Win 10, Edge Browser, Office

Discus and support Microsoft Releases Security Updates for Win 10, Edge Browser, Office in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] 12 security updates, 4 rated as critical, and 8 important Microsoft has just rolled out this month’s Patch Tuesday updates to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Microsoft Releases Security Updates for Win 10, Edge Browser, Office

Microsoft Releases Security Updates for Win 10, Edge Browser, Office [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...e-496010.shtml

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 10, 2015
  2. J-Cloud Win User

Access the Internet in Safe Mode with Networking. Cannot Launch Edge.

Joy,

Thanks. This was the work-around suggested earlier. It does work.

It doesn't answer a fundamental issue in the ongoing development of Win 10 and Edge. Why is Edge unavailable in Safe Mode?

I'll accept Microsoft's claim that Edge is improved technology and a more secure browser than Internet Explorer. Yet, the work-around is to use the less secure browser in Safe Mode, where I'd think security should be even more important.

Can we expect Microsoft to address this issue as it continues to update Win 10 and its Edge browser?

J-Cloud, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Every single web browser crashes after latest Windows 10 update

After installing the recent Windows 10 updates, which released on the 11th of July, every single web browser crashes immediately when I try to open them.

Microsoft Edge crashes

Mozilla Firefox crashes

Internet Explorer crashes, because it detects an error and tries to reopen itself. It keeps doing it in an endless loop.

I even installed Comodo Dragon, but it also crashes.

I restored the functionality of my web browsers, by reverting to the restore point, which was created before the updates were installed. I also paused updates.

The following updates may be the culprits:

2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025342)

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB3213640)

Security Update for Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 3 (KB3191897)

Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB3191894)

What could possibly be causing this issue?

How can I fix it?

AdamNagy-Szabo, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Pendaws Win User

Microsoft Releases Security Updates for Win 10, Edge Browser, Office

I got all of mine this morning. I was kind of hoping that th2 would have been available but? *Sad Oh well. will have to wait. *Smile

Pendaws, Nov 10, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I got the updates for Office 2013 yesterday.

BunnyJ, Nov 10, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Releases Security Updates for Win 10, Edge Browser, Office

1. Microsoft Releases Security Updates for Win 10, Edge Browser, Office - Similar Threads - Microsoft Releases Security

2. Security baseline for Microsoft Edge version 90 released

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline for Microsoft Edge version 90 released: We are pleased to announce the enterprise-ready release of the security baseline for Microsoft Edge, version 90! We have reviewed the new settings in Microsoft Edge version 90 and determined that there are no additional security settings that require enforcement. The...
  3. Security baseline released for Microsoft Edge version 85

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline released for Microsoft Edge version 85: We are pleased to announce the enterprise-ready release of the security baseline for Microsoft Edge version 85! We have reviewed the settings in Microsoft Edge version 85 and updated our guidance with the addition of one setting that we will explain below. A new Microsoft...
  4. Security baseline released for Microsoft Edge version 80

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline released for Microsoft Edge version 80: Microsoft is pleased to announce the enterprise-ready release of the recommended security configuration baseline settings for the next version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium, version 80. The settings recommended in this baseline are the same as the ones we recommended in...
  5. Microsoft Security Update Release

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Security Update Release: Since mid Dec 2019 I've received from Microsoft the above email notices about what is in the release. Suddenly in mid Dec '19, I've not received any. On the bottom of the old emails, there is a link TO STOP receiving but nothing where I can START receiving. I clicked on link...
  6. Microsoft Edge Browser update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Browser update: I am unable to update Microsoft Edge browser in English {US} aI have tried four times and after it installs it is in Chinese. Since I am unable to read it, I cannot change it. How can I get it to install in English?...
  7. update Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    update Microsoft Edge browser: I need to update Microsoft Edge Browser on my Windows 10, 64 bit computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-microsoft-edge-browser/eff6e3e4-7ad8-4ce5-a52e-06c43342780c
  8. Windows 10 Sharpens Browser Security With Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Sharpens Browser Security With Microsoft Edge: Look, I'm not even going to pretend I understand everything I read from TrendLabs, but this is for those who do/might*Smile Internet Explorer is possibly the most popular target for vulnerabilities around today. In 2014 alone, a total of 243 memory corruption...
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....: Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for Fast Ring Testers [img] [img] It looks like Microsoft has added another browser extension in the Windows Store for their Microsoft Edge web browser. The Office Online browser extension for...
  10. Microsoft Edge Browser Gets Security Boost

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Gets Security Boost: Microsoft is pulling out all the stops to boost the appeal of Windows 10 to a global user audience. Most recently, these efforts have included tighter security measures for new minimalist browser, Microsoft Edge. Edge, formerly codenamed Project Spartan, is one of the many...