Windows 10: Microsoft Releases the Win 10 Tool That Helps Block Botched Updates

Discus and support Microsoft Releases the Win 10 Tool That Helps Block Botched Updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Windows 10 TH2 finally brings Windows Update for Business With the release of Windows 10 Threshold 2, Microsoft says that its new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Microsoft Releases the Win 10 Tool That Helps Block Botched Updates

Microsoft Releases the Win 10 Tool That Helps Block Botched Updates [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...s-496275.shtml

Cluster Head, Nov 16, 2015
  2. lx07 Win User

It seems you can set this Defer Upgrades and Updates policy in 10 Pro as well as enterprise...

:)

3. J W Stuart, Nov 16, 2015
  4. Microsoft Releases the Win 10 Tool That Helps Block Botched Updates

More Problems with Windows 10 Activation- final straw

See if these articles helps you to block or delay and update

How to Delay and Block Mandatory Software Updates in Windows 10

How to Delay, Block Software Updates in Windows 10

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Microsoft releases tool to hide or block unwanted Windows 10 updates

Microsoft releases tool to hide or block unwanted Windows 10 updates | ZDNet

How to Defer, Block or Uninstall Windows 10 Updates

How to Defer, Block or Uninstall Windows 10 Updates

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Nov 16, 2015
  5. unifex Win User
    In principle there is a very simple way to stop automatic updates - one can just disable the windows update service. Of course, this way you won't be notified of critical security updates, but one can get these notifications from other sources, for example my internet security suite does that for me (and on windows 7 I have updates disabled; not the service, but I just ticked the "never check for updates" box; sadly, there is no such box in W10).

What I didn't get, can one then use this tool to download updates selectively?

unifex, Nov 16, 2015
  6. So where is the link to said tool? Must be too early in the morning because I couldn't see it?

alphanumeric, Nov 16, 2015
  7. Actually it is not, the service will start even when disabled. Related tasks have to be disabled as well.
    But setting updates to Notify, at least on Pro, will let the users to choose, which updates to hide.

TairikuOkami, Nov 16, 2015
  8. Barman58 Win User

Microsoft Releases the Win 10 Tool That Helps Block Botched Updates

I would have to assume that it is available from your normal channels that you use to obtain your enterprise software and licensing. This is not available for consumers, ( at least at this time), *Wink

Barman58, Nov 16, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I don't see a like as well. Would be nice to have one or more detailed information.

BunnyJ, Nov 16, 2015
  10. lx07 Win User
    It is in group policy on 10 Pro also (not just enterprise).

gpedit.msc > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Defer Upgrades and Updates

Microsoft Releases the Win 10 Tool That Helps Block Botched Updates [​IMG]

11. Barman58 Win User
    I know that the basic defer option is available in Pro and Enterprise - I run both *Smile

The product being discussed is I believe additional components of May's "Windows Update for Business", which is not currently available to the consumer market *Smile

Barman58, Nov 16, 2015
  12. davidhk Win User
    Win 10 Pro has the Defer Upgrade under Advanced options.
    Is it the same as Defer Upgrades and Updates in group policy ?

davidhk, Nov 16, 2015
  13. lx07 Win User

Teach me to just look at the pictures *Redface

Looking here Windows Update for Business (Windows) it seems you can set these settings but they will not do anything if you are not on CBB.
    Having read that and the article you linked I'm non the wiser. Neither mention anything that isn't already in that group policy definition - just the delaying by weeks (for updates) or months (for upgrades) or pausing everything.

Anyway I've set mine to pause all updates - if I read these articles correctly it will make not difference as I'm a home user. We will see next patch Tuesday..

14. That's been my understanding from the get go. Even if you are running Pro or Enterprise, if your not on a "Windows update for Business" your no better off than anybody else. You get updates when Microsoft pushed them out.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Releases the Win 10 Tool That Helps Block Botched Updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Releases Tool

2. Botched Microsoft Support help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Botched Microsoft Support help: I've just gotten Windows 11 Single Language and wished to change that single language to another. There was a way around in Windows 10, but I wasn't sure about 11.A million attempts to contact support later, one girl finally took the time to hear me out and found a solution:...
  3. Botched Microsoft Support help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Botched Microsoft Support help: I've just gotten Windows 11 Single Language and wished to change that single language to another. There was a way around in Windows 10, but I wasn't sure about 11.A million attempts to contact support later, one girl finally took the time to hear me out and found a solution:...
  4. The Ofc updater tool released by Microsoft is not working on my pc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Ofc updater tool released by Microsoft is not working on my pc.: The Ofc updater tool released by Microsoft is not working on my pc. After downloading it when I try to open it it says that this app can't run on my pc check with software publisher. Is this app not supported for 32 bit pc? I have windows 10 home 32 bit pc 4gb ram. I am using...
  5. The Ofc updater tool released by Microsoft is not working on my pc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Ofc updater tool released by Microsoft is not working on my pc.: The Ofc updater tool released by Microsoft is not working on my pc. After downloading it when I try to open it it says that this app can't run on my pc check with software publisher. Is this app not supported for 32 bit pc? I have windows 10 home 32 bit pc 4gb ram. I am using...
  6. Update Health Tools blocked

Update Health Tools blocked: Recently KB4023057 installed Windows Update Health Tools, which might be useful, as I have been unable in more than 30 tries to install 2004. However, I get this message in diagnostics: "Microsoft.Windows.UpdateHealthTools.UpdateHealthToolsServiceBlockedByNoAADJoin". I...
  7. Microsoft releases tool to hide or block unwanted Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft releases tool to hide or block unwanted Windows 10 updates: "When Windows 10 arrives this week, Windows Update won't include that option, but Microsoft does have a well-hidden troubleshooter package, KB3073930, which allows you to hide or block Windows Updates and, crucially, driver updates. The package was digitally signed on...
  8. Botched Upgrade

Botched Upgrade: I have a botched Upgrade and quite sure it was because of an old BIOS not compatible with the Upgrade. I say this because I've seen this with many HP machines, and, there are Very New, and many BIOS Firmware updates present on the site for this pc. Not to mention all the BIOS...
  9. Win 10 release- Win 10 pre release

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 release- Win 10 pre release: Now that my regular PC running WIN 8.1 pro has been updated to Win 10 Pro how to I update my Win 10 PC to the new Win 10 Release! 13294
  10. Microsoft releases tool to hide or block unwanted Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases tool to hide or block unwanted Windows 10 updates: Windows 10 testers who've complained about mandatory updates in Microsoft's new operating system might have a solution at hand. The tool, available as an optional download, lets you hide or block any update for Windows or a hardware driver. One of the most controversial...