Windows 10: Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors

Discus and support Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just switched to Windows Server 2016 Standard implementing RDS. We want remote users to be able to use Timezone redirection and enabled it in Group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steven Sterling, May 15, 2019.

1. Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors

Just switched to Windows Server 2016 Standard implementing RDS. We want remote users to be able to use Timezone redirection and enabled it in Group Policy. It does not work with the Remote Desktop Connection so after hours of trying we tried the Microsoft Remote Desktop APP. It works in the App so we decided to switch EXCEPT we just found that the APP does not seem to support multiple monitors.

So more Microsoft frustration. We have to decide which is more important, timezone or multiple monitors.

Has anyone been able to get multiple monitors to work with the Microsoft Remote Desktop APP?

:)

Steven Sterling, May 15, 2019
  2. Rohit_R Win User

Running Microsoft Remote Desktop across multiple monitors

Hi Craig,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you trying to connect two different computers using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app or two single monitors connected to a computer?

No, we cannot use the Microsoft Remote Desktop across multiple monitors.

Please refer to this
    article
    for further information.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, May 15, 2019
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 15, 2019
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors

Running Microsoft Remote Desktop across multiple monitors

Hi,

I am trying to use Microsoft Remote Desktop (RD that you install from Microsoft Store, not Remote Desktop Connection) across two monitors.

I have looked everywhere, and cannot see anywhere to make it possible.

Thanks in advance.

Craig Scofield, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors

1. Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors - Similar Threads - Microsoft Remote Desktop

2. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?: regarding to CVE-2023-28290, Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same? I am a little bit confused*Moved from feedback....
  3. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?: regarding to CVE-2023-28290, Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same? I am a little bit confused*Moved from feedback....
  4. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop Client - How to use "multiple but not all" monitors

Microsoft Remote Desktop Client - How to use "multiple but not all" monitors: Greetings all,I have a client that wishes to use their Microsoft Remote Desktop client program on only two of their three displays. I'm able to get the window to show on one or all displays, but not just two without putting it in windowed mode. Is this possible with the...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection Randomly Disconnecting User With "Multiple Monitors" Enabled

Remote Desktop Connection Randomly Disconnecting User With "Multiple Monitors" Enabled: DETAILS: User is connecting to host machine using a VPN and Remote Desktop Connection. The connection will work for a while and then begin to disconnect every 0-60 minutes thereafter until the remote machine is restarted. The problem only seems to effect the user when the...
  7. Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors: Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Remote Desktop RD that you install from Microsoft Store, not Remote Desktop Connection across two monitors. I have looked everywhere, and cannot see anywhere to make it possible. Thanks in advance....
  8. Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor

Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor: Hey how do I use dual monitor for Remote Desktop app NOT Remote Desktop Connection. Im on a PC running Windows 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-app-not-connection-dual-monitor/124b215c-3ec6-426e-8981-51d0896c0b2c
  9. Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors: I have a laptop that is connected to two external monitors and everything works great until we log into a remote desktop. Once logged in we can't make the screen full size or move windows from one monitor to the other. I've double-checked the RDP setting to show full screen...
  10. Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10: In common with many others I was horrified to find that Windows 7 pro, which advertised support for RDP, did not support multiple monitors. I needed Ultimate for that. What's the story in Windows 10? Can I use RDP with multiple monitors in Windows 10 pro? And can I connect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows new remote desktop dual monitors

2. windows 10 1903 remote desktop multiple monitors

3. windows 10 remote desktop app dual screens

4. android rdp app multiple monitors,
  5. android app rdp two monitors