Windows 10: Microsoft Remote Desktop as Virtual Desktop

Discus and support Microsoft Remote Desktop as Virtual Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there way I can set up my Remote Desktop connection as anotherVirtual Desktop in host computer so I can easily navigate through my host andRemote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Khetag Goiaev, May 19, 2020.

1. Microsoft Remote Desktop as Virtual Desktop

Is there way I can set up my Remote Desktop connection as anotherVirtual Desktop in host computer so I can easily navigate through my host andRemote Desktops with Task View?

:)

Khetag Goiaev, May 19, 2020

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 19, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, May 19, 2020
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop as Virtual Desktop

Windows 10 Virtual Desktop won't support "Use all my monitors..." in Remote Desktop

Anyone else seeing this?

• Create a new desktop with the Task View button.
    • Switch to the new, empty desktop.
    • Open a remote desktop session, selecting the "Use all my monitors for the remote screen" option.
    • The remote session opens on all screens, as desired, but it is also on all desktops.

I would like the remote session to "stay" on the virtual desktop it was opened on and leave everything else alone. This current state is rather worthless.

Dann_Borden, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Remote Desktop as Virtual Desktop

1. Microsoft Remote Desktop as Virtual Desktop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Remote Desktop

2. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?: regarding to CVE-2023-28290, Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same? I am a little bit confused*Moved from feedback....
  3. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?: regarding to CVE-2023-28290, Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same? I am a little bit confused*Moved from feedback....
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Remote Desktop: Last week I tested Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect my PC with my MacBook and it worked while I was at home. When I went to my university I tried connecting and I got an error code saying "Unable to connect". I made sure my PC never turns on, it was connected to the...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop: Hello,I'm trying to connect to my computer Windows 10 from macos using microsoft remote desktop but :1 it asks me for User Account Username & Password . Should I type the user that i use on windows ? or is a special account?2 When i use the name of the user that I use for...
  6. Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop: Hello,I'm trying to connect to my computer Windows 10 from macos using microsoft remote desktop but :1 it asks me for User Account Username & Password . Should I type the user that i use on windows ? or is a special account?2 When i use the name of the user that I use for...
  7. Hacked desktop/ Virtual remote access to it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked desktop/ Virtual remote access to it: It's clear to me someone has hacked into my laptop. When I connect to the internet, they can see everything I am doing on my desktop and browsers. Ultimately, they have remote access. I have a Windows 10 Acer laptop. It's very difficult getting help with this problem.How can...
  8. Hacked desktop/ Virtual remote access to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacked desktop/ Virtual remote access to it: It's clear to me someone has hacked into my laptop. When I connect to the internet, they can see everything I am doing on my desktop and browsers. Ultimately, they have remote access. I have a Windows 10 Acer laptop. It's very difficult getting help with this problem.How can...
  9. Hacked desktop/ Virtual remote access to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. microsoft remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft remote desktop: I changed the port associated with remote desktop now i cannot connect to the remote desktop PC unless I use chrome remote desktop. Is there any way to resolve this issue?...