Windows 10: Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app available

Discus and support Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Remote Desktop app is designed to help you get your work done wherever you are. You can connect to remote PCs and be productive as if these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app available

Source: Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview

Brink, Sep 6, 2015
  2. Kari Win User

The older version is covered in our Remote Desktop tutorial, Part 5 shows the basics of the Remote Desktop App. There has been a few visual changes, the tutorial will be updated as soon as I get the screenshots done. Anyway, the use of the app has remained the same, tutorial applies even before the update *Smile

:)

Kari, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Laptop windows 10 software for Lumia 950 XL

Hootan and cralexander,

Your desktop apps are Win32 and are compiled for x64/x86 processors, Windows10Mobile runs on ARM.

There is a work around you can look at. Try the
    Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview
    , with this installed you can use your phone to access your desktop PC.

More info on the
    MS Remote Desktop Preview

Joel in Vic, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Squimjay Win User

Shift, CRTL keys no working with Modern Remote Desktop

The Remote Desktop Preview app is where they test new features coming out that will be rolled out later to the main Remote Desktop app. So eventually the Preview app version that just came out will replace the current version of the Remote Desktop app.

Squimjay, Sep 7, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    will give it a try one of these days ,downloading it now ,I have used remote desktop with my Pi and few times

edit ,, first I can say with this stuff I'm a bit of a novice ,, but I used original to connect to my Pi before and just now ,but just tried a few time to connect with the new app ,but getting a protocol error

caperjack, Sep 7, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Hummm I use it a lot not this new version thou. I assume it still won't wake up my 2nd computer thou. That would be a great added feature, so I could get rid of the 3rd party program I have to use to wake my 2nd computer up BEFORE I use RDC.

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app available - Similar Threads - Microsoft Remote Desktop

2. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop App: So I'm trying to set up the remote desktop app on my iOS device it goes to connect to my pc fine but then asks for a user account but no matter how I type it it doesn't work.I log in to my PC with a Microsoft account not a local account.I tried creating a random local account...
  3. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop App: So I'm trying to set up the remote desktop app on my iOS device it goes to connect to my pc fine but then asks for a user account but no matter how I type it it doesn't work.I log in to my PC with a Microsoft account not a local account.I tried creating a random local account...
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop App: I have two versions of Microsoft Remote DesktopPC1- Version 10.2.1817.0PC2- Version 1.2.3130.0 x64The 10.2.x version includes capability to add 'PCs' & 'Workspaces' as opposed to the 1.2.x which only allows adding 'Workspaces'. Has adding PCs been removed in in later version...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

Microsoft Remote Desktop App: I have two versions of Microsoft Remote DesktopPC1- Version 10.2.1817.0PC2- Version 1.2.3130.0 x64The 10.2.x version includes capability to add 'PCs' & 'Workspaces' as opposed to the 1.2.x which only allows adding 'Workspaces'. Has adding PCs been removed in in later version...
  6. Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App: Equipment:-Surface Laptop 4- Home Edition w/ Windows 11-Surface Dock 2-2- HDMI to USB-C adapters-Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Arc Mouse-2- Dell 27" MonitorsWork Equipment:-Lenovo- Pro Edition w/ Windows 10. Issue:When connecting my dock to my Surface Laptop there are no...
  7. Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App

Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App: Equipment:-Surface Laptop 4- Home Edition w/ Windows 11-Surface Dock 2-2- HDMI to USB-C adapters-Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Arc Mouse-2- Dell 27" MonitorsWork Equipment:-Lenovo- Pro Edition w/ Windows 10. Issue:When connecting my dock to my Surface Laptop there are no...
  8. Microsoft Remote Assist and Microsoft Layout available as preview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Remote Assist and Microsoft Layout available as preview: Windows 10 April 2018 Update for HoloLens coming soon, will deliver important updates for IT administrators, developers, and commercial HoloLens customers. Hey everyone! Wow, time really flies. I can’t believe it’s been two weeks since I talked about our vision for mixed...
  9. Remote Desktop Preview Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop Preview Issues: I cannot get RD preview to add new connections. It allowed me to add an initial IP address but when I try to add another one it crashes. Are there alternatives to this? 24262
  10. Remote Desktop Preview now available on Windows 10 Mobile & Continuum

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop Preview now available on Windows 10 Mobile & Continuum: Today’s update (version 844) of the Remote Desktop Preview client for Windows 10 adds support for both Windows 10 Mobile devices and Continuum for phone for compatible devices like the Lumia 950 or 950 XL. The client is still in development as we continue adding more key...