Windows 10: Microsoft Remote Desktop - The User Account Did Not Work

Discus and support Microsoft Remote Desktop - The User Account Did Not Work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I downloaded Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Mac so that I can remotely access my Windows laptop which is on the same network. However, on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Henry_Denny, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Microsoft Remote Desktop - The User Account Did Not Work

Hi,

Recently I downloaded Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Mac so that I can remotely access my Windows laptop which is on the same network. However, on entering the details for my Microsoft account, I received an error telling me that "The User Account Did Not Work" as shown below. I have tried many solutions online but none seem to work.

- My Mac and Windows laptop are connected to the same network

- I am positive that I have entered my account details correctly I was able to successfully log into the Microsoft store using them.

- The user account that I am using has admin permissions.

- I have my network settings set to private.

- I have tried using using both my PC name and its local IP address.

- For my user account I have used the email used to log myself into my Microsoft accountand the PCNAME\USERNAME format.

- I have allowed Remote Desktop access on my target machine.

Am I missing anything? I would be very grateful for any help given.

Thanks,

Henry

Microsoft Remote Desktop - The User Account Did Not Work 53138426-4839-48df-a6ef-245ea57c512c?upload=true.png

:)

Henry_Denny, Apr 9, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 9, 2020
  3. remote desktop woe`s

Since when is that? My local account does not exist on my server, I can log in fine. I could always log in at home from work, again different accounts and even different domains. It matters not, you can enter any credentials. It would be rather useless if it works like you suggested. I fact, no Windows authentication works that way, you can always enter other credentials.

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop - The User Account Did Not Work

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Remote Desktop - The User Account Did Not Work

1. Microsoft Remote Desktop - The User Account Did Not Work - Similar Threads - Microsoft Remote Desktop

2. Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work": Yesterday I followed MS's procedure to remove a login password in favor of 2FA MS Authenticator on my phone. I also spent $99 to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, only because I want to use RDP to access my Windows system from my Mac. So far, after hours of changing this and...
  3. Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work": So after searching I decided to post this question because all the solutions don't seem to reflect my situation.Before we start I want to preface a few things:All Microsoft Account Passwords are correct I've confirmed them by logging into to the respective MS accounts and...
  4. Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work": So after searching I decided to post this question because all the solutions don't seem to reflect my situation.Before we start I want to preface a few things:All Microsoft Account Passwords are correct I've confirmed them by logging into to the respective MS accounts and...
  5. Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Remote desktop not working with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop not working with microsoft account: I have my Win 10 desktop set up with a Microsoft account, and would like to access the desktop with remote desktop, more specifically the RD Client app on android made by Microsoft. I have not been able to get the app to work with a Microsoft account however. Whenever I try...
  7. Remote desktop not working with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop not working with microsoft account: I have my Win 10 desktop set up with a Microsoft account, and would like to access the desktop with remote desktop, more specifically the RD Client app on android made by Microsoft. I have not been able to get the app to work with a Microsoft account however. Whenever I try...
  8. Remote desktop not working with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work: I am failing to get this to work. I have spent the past two hours googling solutions. I tried the ones I understood, none worked. Target PC is 192.168.0.9 Target PC microsoft account is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Target PC is win10 pro Remote PC microsoft...
  10. Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work": I reinstalled windows on my Desktop yesterday. I previously had a handy little shortcut on my desktop to allow me to access my laptops desktop via remote desktop. Of course this shortcut has now disappeared, so I tried to set it up again. Now, when I go to connect it asks...