Windows 10: Microsoft removed app with 1.5M+ downloads and 6K+ in-app aquisitions

Discus and support Microsoft removed app with 1.5M+ downloads and 6K+ in-app aquisitions in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Few months ago Microsoft removed our 'Torrent RT Free Plus' app from the store. We have 3 versions of Torrent RT. Torrent RT - Full paid version... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AnnSoft, Jun 2, 2020.

1. AnnSoft Win User

Microsoft removed app with 1.5M+ downloads and 6K+ in-app aquisitions

Few months ago Microsoft removed our 'Torrent RT Free Plus' app from the store.

We have 3 versions of Torrent RT.
    Torrent RT - Full paid version
    Torrent RT Free - Ads supported version
    Torrent RT Free Plus - Ads supported version with an option to upgrade to full version

The reason we have 3 versions is historic. When app was released during Windows RT time in 2013, addons were note very well supported, and we decided to produce a separate app instead on adding addon option to the free version.

All 3 apps have been in Microsoft Store for over 6 years now, and Torrent RT Free plus has over a 1.5 million acquisitions, and more than 6 thousands people purchased an upgrade.

Now every week we are getting an email with complaint that someone can't restore a purchase they had made previously because app is no longer in Microsoft Store.

I tried to get answer how to refund people multiple times, until it got funny.

When I email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** they reply that MS support should handle this situation and MS support refers back to*** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

Here is copy my 3rd attempt:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. ReportApp can assist with providing certification failure support, for assistance with refund, please contact Microsoft Support.

Hello,

I've filed another ticket at microsoft app support, and they replied that issue should be handled by policy department at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Here is the response we got from support:

SRX1501526682ID - Refund for users purchased 'Torrent RT FREE Plus' app id 9NBLGGH4Q9SS addon

I did understand that you do have an app that was removed from the store and you are getting complaints from the customers that they are unable to restore a purchase.

We were not able to pull up any app under ....

For apps that have been removed from the store, you would actually need to contact the policy department at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

App is listed under ... account, CCed here.

My ask is the same - can you either restore app in the store, or refund all customers who purchased an app upgrade.

And please don't tell me again that I should contact MS support.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. We don’t have any additional information to provide. If your users want a refund they can contact Consumer support https://support.microsoft.com/ for further assistance.

Posting it here, so we can share this post with people who asked for refund.That is unprofessional to say the least.

Honestly with Microsoft killing its ad platform, there is not much incentive to build apps for Windows anymore.

I'm very disappointed.

:)

AnnSoft, Jun 2, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jun 2, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Microsoft removed app with 1.5M+ downloads and 6K+ in-app aquisitions

downloading apps

Hi George,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to understand the issue better, could you let me know

1. Operating system and edition of operating system you are using?
    2. From where you are trying to download apps?

However you can try following steps to if you are using Microsoft store to download apps.

Step 1 :

1. Open RUN box by pressing
      windows + R
      button on the keyboard.
    2. Then type WSReset.exe and click on
      OK.
    3. Try to logging in to store with your Microsoft account.
    4. Try downloading the apps.

Step 2:

1. Search for command prompt on
      Cortana
      search bar.
    2. Right click on command prompt and click on
      run as administrator.
    3. Type below command and press enter.

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

The above command will take some time and I would suggest you to wait until the process completes.

To know the edition of operating system,

1. Right click on This PC and click on
      Properties.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft removed app with 1.5M+ downloads and 6K+ in-app aquisitions

1. Microsoft removed app with 1.5M+ downloads and 6K+ in-app aquisitions - Similar Threads - Microsoft removed app

2. Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11: Hi, This has been a reoccurring problem since getting this PC in January of this year, however, it's never been this bad and has always managed to fix itself.I have my apps set to auto-update through the store, but they keep hanging at 1% during the download phase. For...
  3. Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11: Hi, This has been a reoccurring problem since getting this PC in January of this year, however, it's never been this bad and has always managed to fix itself.I have my apps set to auto-update through the store, but they keep hanging at 1% during the download phase. For...
  4. Removing Microsoft Apps

Removing Microsoft Apps: Is it safe to remove all these little Microsoft apps that I know I'll never use? Things like Microsoft To-Do, Maps, People, etc.? Any harm in uninstalling them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-microsoft-apps/d20afe4f-1900-4127-84df-2dc2d2788f88
  5. Removing Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Microsoft Apps: Is it safe to remove all these little Microsoft apps that I know I'll never use? Things like Microsoft To-Do, Maps, People, etc.? Any harm in uninstalling them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-microsoft-apps/d20afe4f-1900-4127-84df-2dc2d2788f88
  6. Microsoft app download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft app download: Ho do i find something on my laptop that I just downloaded from the Microsoft store? I have looked in every folder on my laptop and it is not there, although I remember seeing that it would be saved under a certain file...it is not anywhere that I can find. : Can someone...
  7. Removing Microsoft Store Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing Microsoft Store Apps: Is it safe to uninstall them and remove their entries in the registry. Also, the game bar app is ok, but there are two applications, a Game Bar and Xbox Game Bar, is the second one only for playing Xbox games or is it a part of the Game Bar app and is it needed for the Game...
  8. download an app but not from microsoft app store

in Windows 10 Customization
    download an app but not from microsoft app store: To work on my PC I need to install an app but my Pc defaults to download from Microsoft app store. I do not have the developer link in settings to update to sideload so how do i do this ?...
  9. "%1" app

"%1" app: In photo viewer there is an option "open with" Next to the regular installed apps there is also a strange "%1" option or app. and I don't have a clue what that's suppose to mean. 31490
  10. Removing microsoft smartscreen for my downloadable app

Removing microsoft smartscreen for my downloadable app: Hi i have a website iCalc ... We have not formally launched yet... but I'm having a problem with WINDOWS 10 SMARTSCREEN blocking our downloadable calculator products which are built in .NET & Visual C++ ... We already have an SSL Certificate for our site ... We...