Windows 10: Microsoft removes context menu options on Edge for Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft removes context menu options on Edge for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google recently started work on refining the context menus in Chrome browser to get rid of the clutter and redundancy. Google experimented with refined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 4, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft removes context menu options on Edge for Windows 10

Google recently started work on refining the context menus in Chrome browser to get rid of the clutter and redundancy. Google experimented with refined context menus in Google Chrome Canary, and Microsoft is now also bringing Google’s proposed changes to the Edge browser.

Microsoft Edge’s Canary update has removed and moved the options that we see when we right-click the browser’s tabs. The update removes context menu options including open a new tab, close all other tabs, reopen closed tab and bookmark all tabs.

These changes might not be everyone’s cup of tea and some may not like this move by both Microsoft and Google.

Microsoft removes context menu options on Edge for Windows 10 Edge-context-menu.jpg
    Before and After

The lack of “Reopen closed tab” from the context menu could be annoying for some users, but you can always use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Shirt + T) to reopen a closed tab.

Since these right-click menu options are useful in occasional circumstances, Microsoft hasn’t removed ‘Reopen closed tab option’ from the frame context menu which can be accessed by right-clicking outside the tabs area.

After the update, you will find the following options on the context menu:

• Refresh
    • Duplicate
    • Move to a new window
    • Pin tab
    • Mute tab
    • Close tab
    • Close tabs to the right

The updated context menu is currently live for Edge Canary version 78.0.266.0 or newer on Windows 10.

The post Microsoft removes context menu options on Edge for Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Naki, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

Microsoft removes context menu options on Edge for Windows 10 [​IMG]

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

Bree, Sep 4, 2019
  4. BC66 Win User

Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10  

is there i can add and remove the lists on desktop context menu? Right click on desktop shows the context menu for me to add or remove the list
    thanks

BC66, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft removes context menu options on Edge for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft removes context

2. Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu: Hi, I've noticed that the "Open With" option is missing from the context menu in Windows 10. When I right-click on a file, I expect to see the "Open With" menu to choose which program to open the file with, but it's not there. I've tried restarting my computer and checking...
  3. Remove Edge from Open With Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Edge from Open With Context Menu: How do I Remove the Microsoft Edge entry from the Open With > Context Menu please? . . . The particular File shown is a .PDF [ Save As PDF ] File. I have looked in the HKCU and HKLM of the Registry, and File Associations, but to NO avail. I did search @Brinks Tutorials but I...
  4. How to remove these specific options in the Windows 10 context menu/shell?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove these specific options in the Windows 10 context menu/shell?: Which registry keys do I need to change and how to remove the following Windows 10 context menu/shell options? - Add to a shared album - Send to - Restore previous versions Kaspersky specific: - Check reputation in KNS WITHOUT removing Kaspersky's: - Scan for viruses...
  5. Spellcheck context menu option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Spellcheck context menu option in Windows 10: Version 1909 Build 18363.657 Spellcheck is enabled in Devices/Typing. But applications that accept typed input generally have a R-click menu option 'Check Spelling' - and it has suddenly and globally become unselected. Ticking it works, but doesn't stick beyond that session....
  6. How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?: I find the edit option really annoying and useless. Is there any way to remove it? Running Windows 10 Pro 149245
  7. remove OneDrive options from context menu

remove OneDrive options from context menu: [ATTACH] how do i remove onedrive options from this context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-onedrive-options-from-context-menu/a3938520-a49d-401e-a5a6-29e6f01f5a26
  8. Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu

in Browsers and Email
    Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu: Hi guys, is there any tweak to reduce the size of edge context menu. Make it same size as windows context menu(desktop right click, file explorer). The other modern apps also have larger context menu as compared to windows. Thanks 61098
  9. Remove from context menu

Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356
  10. Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A create custom power plans that are optimized for specific computers. All users (standard and administrator) will be able to make...