Windows 10: Microsoft removes the Copilot app from Windows Server after installing it accidentally

Discus and support Microsoft removes the Copilot app from Windows Server after installing it accidentally in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Copilot in Windows 11 isn’t a separate app as the feature is built into the operating system, but after an update for the Microsoft Edge browser, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 30, 2024.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft removes the Copilot app from Windows Server after installing it accidentally

Copilot in Windows 11 isn’t a separate app as the feature is built into the operating system, but after an update for the Microsoft Edge browser, it started appearing in the Installed app list. Even Windows Server edition PCs installed this Copilot app automatically after the Edge browser’s 123.0.2420.65 update.

In a statement to Windows Latest, Microsoft previously confirmed that 123.0.2420.65, released on March 28, 2024, accidentally installed the web package for “Copilot”.

While the company refused to explain what the 8KB shortcut does, Windows Latets understands that the Copilot web package allows users in Europe to use an upcoming feature called “chat provider”. This web app was shipped in an MSIX package called “Microsoft Chat Provider for Copilot in Windows”.

Microsoft removes the Copilot app from Windows Server after installing it accidentally copilot-app-uninstallation-in-Windows-11-and-Windows-server-2022.jpg

This package was rolling out to everyone with Microsoft Edge 123, including systems where Copilot is not supported. As a result, some users on Windows Server 2022 noticed the new Copilot package in the Apps & Features > Installed apps section.

In a new update to its support documentation, Microsoft has confirmed that Edge 124 removes the Copilot app from Windows Server. The company has released a new update for the Edge browser updating it to version 124.0.2478.67. The update uninstalls the ‘Microsoft chat provider for Copilot in Windows’ package from the PC.

All you need to do is check and install the recent update for the Edge browser on your Windows Server machines. Copilot isn’t supposed to exist on Windows Server PCs, and this unwanted installation sparked curiosity among users.

The app can be uninstalled on Windows Server 2022. To do so, go to the Apps & Features app list and select the Uninstall option.

You can also turn off this Copilot app by changing the policy in User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Copilot > Turn off Windows Copilot.

Microsoft removes the Copilot app from Windows Server after installing it accidentally Turn-off-Copilot-policy.jpg

Regarding other Windows Server changes, Microsoft recently added Microsoft account sign-in alerts in the Start menu.

Another useless feature of the Windows Server

It was questionable to ask admins to sign in with a Microsoft Account in Windows Server 2025.

Similarly, Microsoft added Sudo to Server editions only to clarify that it won’t be part of the operating system in the future.

Windows Server doesn’t need the bloatware shipped with Windows 11 because it is designed for a different use case. Copilot is already inside multiple system apps in consumer editions and soon it will appear in every corner of the OS.

The post Microsoft removes the Copilot app from Windows Server after installing it accidentally appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 30, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft announces availability of Copilot Pro subscription

Source:

Brink, Apr 30, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft plans to bring Copilot to Windows 10

Read more: Exclusive: Microsoft will update Windows 10 with new AI Copilot soon | Windows Central See also: Announcing Microsoft Copilot, your everyday AI companion | Windows 11 Forum

Brink, Apr 30, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft removes the Copilot app from Windows Server after installing it accidentally

Microsoft 365 Copilot is coming to OneNote

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...t/ba-p/3788442

Brink, Apr 30, 2024
Thema:

1. Microsoft removes the Copilot app from Windows Server after installing it accidentally - Similar Threads - Microsoft removes Copilot

2. remove copilot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove copilot: never asked for it, never wanted it, remove it from my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-copilot/bd93397e-9b40-428d-8f08-66367d71e6bb
  3. Microsoft Copilot app getting installed on Windows devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Copilot app getting installed on Windows devices: Last week, Microsoft revealed that it started to push its AI Microsoft Copilot to more Windows 10 and 11 devices. The feature, still in preview at the time of writing, shows up as an icon on the Windows taskbar. The tool is enabled on Windows 11 version 23H2 devices by...
  4. Remove copilot from windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove copilot from windows 10: I have windows 10 now newly invaded by copilot from an update I did not authorize..?! I have gone through all tutorials on how to remove it. Issue is I cannot FIND the file or app to turn off or delete. Searching settings, reg ed, group policy ed etc. My msft account says I...
  5. Remove copilot from windows 10

Remove copilot from windows 10: I have windows 10 now newly invaded by copilot from an update I did not authorize..?! I have gone through all tutorials on how to remove it. Issue is I cannot FIND the file or app to turn off or delete. Searching settings, reg ed, group policy ed etc. My msft account says I...
  6. Remove copilot from windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Device accidentally removed from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device accidentally removed from Microsoft account: Hi there,I've looked online but all the tips seem not to be working.I have accidentally removed my new DELL PC from my Microsoft account. Now it doesn't let me add it back: I've tried logging in and out, accessing the app store and downloading an app, I tried adding it...
  8. Device accidentally removed from Microsoft account

Device accidentally removed from Microsoft account: Hi there,I've looked online but all the tips seem not to be working.I have accidentally removed my new DELL PC from my Microsoft account. Now it doesn't let me add it back: I've tried logging in and out, accessing the app store and downloading an app, I tried adding it...
  9. Timeout from app server to SQl server after installing KB5000803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Timeout from app server to SQl server after installing KB5000803: Hi, OS - Windows 2016 Server Datacenter, this is production server launched on AWS. When did it begin and how often does it occur? >> Issue started on 4th April after installing KB5000803. Issue is intermittent. What errors do you see? >> Application server app is in...
  10. Accidental App removal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidental App removal: I was downloading a video editing software, I removed it because I changed my mind and felt like downloading another one, when I close out of chrome I see the startup window of the video editing software I installed last time and had the wordsWELCOME and there were two...