Windows 10: Microsoft replacing Surface Pro 4 devices affected by firmware issue

Discus and support Microsoft replacing Surface Pro 4 devices affected by firmware issue in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As spotted by Windows United, Microsoft has acknowledged a firmware issue causing display problems on their Surface Pro 4 devices, which reportedly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft replacing Surface Pro 4 devices affected by firmware issue

Read more: Microsoft acknowledges Surface Pro 4 firmware issue, offers replacements | Windows Central

:)

Brink, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...screen-flicker

Brink, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Firmware driver installs but firmware does not update

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Firmware driver installs but firmware does not update

• The OS is Windows 10 Version 1607
    • Current version - Surface UEFI firmware: 106.1624.768.0
    • Attempted update - Surface UEFI firmware: 107.1741.768.0

The UEFI Firmware driver window shows the following after installation and two subsequent restarts:

The UEFI Firmware driver window shows the following after installation and three subsequent restarts:

Attempts to install the UEFI firmware through the Surface Installer and manually in the device manager have installed the driver but the firmware does not install upon restarting. After restarting twice, the driver reports that it is a different version than firmware on the device and stops presenting an option to restart.

Installing Surface Pro Firmware with WinPE on a USB drive also does not result in the UEFI firmware being installed, though another firmware update successfully applied via this process the first time the device rebooted from WinPE.

The driver can be rolled back to the version which matches the actual version of the firmware.

Searches on other forums suggest that when this occurs, that the device is defective and needs to be replaced by Microsoft.

Device Manager

Microsoft replacing Surface Pro 4 devices affected by firmware issue nVQXD.png

Microsoft replacing Surface Pro 4 devices affected by firmware issue aDL2g.png

Microsoft replacing Surface Pro 4 devices affected by firmware issue FtxjV.png

Microsoft replacing Surface Pro 4 devices affected by firmware issue cYbZj.png

AndreRoberge, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft replacing Surface Pro 4 devices affected by firmware issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft replacing Surface

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 Battery issues: I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger looking as good as new, with no damage seen and the white light being on the side port. The battery is not charging or holding...
  3. Surface pro 4 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 issues: My computer keeps switching rapidly between tablet mode and desktop. I cant click or touch anything in time for it to load, as it has already switched again. I tried hard Resets, but they ran into a blue error page, then restarted instead.does anybody know what to do? I need...
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 boot loop issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4 boot loop issue...: SOS my surface pro 4 is stuck in the boot loop where I selected to complete an update and auto restart, and upon shutting off and going to auto restart my surface will not boot all the way. I have had this issue before and the only way I was able to get it fixed was to seek...
  5. Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4, that got screwed up during a windows update. Now the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I have tried the usual things. Like using Diskpart etc, the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I believe this to be a known issue. Has...
  6. Surface Pro 4 mouse issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 mouse issues: Recently my mouse stops working if I touch my Surface Pro 4 screen. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? Has only happened since the last couple of updates....
  7. MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4 TOUCH-PAD ISSUE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4 TOUCH-PAD ISSUE: Hello Sir, My name is Sandeep Kumar I am a system administrator in IT.I have Microsoft surface pro 4 I have installed win 10 and updated all related software from the Microsoft site.But my concern is that when i am trying to use my touch-pad after login into the device its...
  8. Camera issue on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera issue on Surface Pro 4: Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the camera on my Surface Pro 4 has stopped working. When I try to snap a picture, I get the error 0xa00F4292, PhotoCaptureStartTimeout and no photo is taken. What I have tried: uninstall/reinstall camera, update drivers (none found),...
  9. Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue: Surface Pro 4 screen flicker Applies to: Surface Pro 4 Creating the best products and experiences for our customers is our top priority. We have heard your feedback and after careful examination, have determined that a small percentage of Surface Pro 4 devices are...
  10. New Firmware Update for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book January 2016

in Windows 10 News
    New Firmware Update for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book January 2016: January 2016 updates for Surface Pro 4 The following update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 1/27/2016” when you view your update history. Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro4 2020 Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent revision than the service is aware of.

2. surface pro 4 touch firmware error

3. surface embedded controller code 4