Windows 10: Microsoft reportedly working on a Windows 10 feature similar to Apple TrueTone

Discus and support Microsoft reportedly working on a Windows 10 feature similar to Apple TrueTone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The next Windows 10 update will reportedly introduce several new features and minor improvements including Start menu refinements that would bring a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 14, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft reportedly working on a Windows 10 feature similar to Apple TrueTone

The next Windows 10 update will reportedly introduce several new features and minor improvements including Start menu refinements that would bring a more polished experience.

If a new report from reliable watcher Albacore is believed to be true, the software giant is internally testing a new feature which is similar to Apple’s TrueTone. The TrueTone is a feature that made its appearance on the iPad Pro and it has also landed on Apple’s new flagship laptop models.

This technology isn’t new or exclusive to Apple device as some desktop monitors have been offering it for a long time.

You can expect your Windows 10 devices to measure the ambient light colour and brightness to adjust its display. The device will use Microsoft’s algorithm to make changes to the monitor based on environmental lighting. The feature is basically supposed to render the right kinds of white under any lighting conditions by correcting white point and illumination.

Windows will be getting a feature similar to TrueTone on iOS devices, adjusting your screen's colors based on the lighting of the environment you're in.

— Albacore (@thebookisclosed) December 13, 2018

Microsoft is still testing the feature and the company has to ensure that the colours displayed remain consistent and accurate despite the adjustments. Such a feature would introduce a natural viewing experience to all supported Windows 10 devices.

The feature could be released to all devices early next year and the Insiders will be able to try it later this month.

The post Microsoft reportedly working on a Windows 10 feature similar to Apple TrueTone appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 14, 2018

2. is there a Microsoft programs similar to apple site works

Is there a Microsoft programs similar to apple site works

Richard One, Dec 14, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft testing blue light reduction feature for Windows 10

"Microsoft is slowly revealing new features in its next major update to Windows 10, and it appears blue light reduction feature might be a future addition. The software giant released a new build of Windows 10 testers yesterday with very few visible additions, but Windows enthusiasts have already started picking it apart for clues on new features. Twitter user "Core"has discovered references to a "BlueLightReduction" setting deep within the next major update to Windows 10 (codenamed Redstone 2). It appears to be a setting that will be toggled from the Action Center (notification center) in the operating system.

F.lux has been the most popular option for Windows users looking to reduce blue light in the evenings, but Microsoft's own native toggle will bring this feature to every Windows 10 user. Apple has also integrated a similar feature in iOS 9, but it hasn't announced any plans to bring blue light reduction to Mac OS yet. Microsoft only appears to be testing the feature right now, so there's no guarantee it will ship in the update due early next year. If Microsoft does implement it fully then it will presumably be available on the mobile version of Windows 10, too.
    "

Microsoft testing blue light reduction feature for Windows 10

P4-630, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft reportedly working on a Windows 10 feature similar to Apple TrueTone - Similar Threads - Microsoft reportedly working

2. Windows programs to track screen time (similar to apple)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows programs to track screen time (similar to apple)?: I am looking for an application that can track screen time like apple. I don't want to have to update it each time either. I just want it to track whatever I am doing and put it into categories so I can look at it later similar to how I look at my screen time on my phone...
  3. Family Features screen time Activity report is not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Family Features screen time Activity report is not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Activity reporting is available if you have a child in your Family group. If you’re experiencing family activity reporting issues in Windows 10, Xbox One […] This article Family Features screen time Activity report is not working in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  4. Watch Folders similar to Apple computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Watch Folders similar to Apple computers: Hello, Is there a built in program on Windows 10 that's similar to Apple's Automation for Watch Folders? What I'd like to do is when I create a folder of files it duplicates the same folder and files to another hard drive automatically. Thanks, 87d submitted by...
  5. Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working: Hi, I have activated Microsoft Family features in order to supervise screen times of my kids. There are three possible devices my kids can use: A desktop PC (Win10), a Laptop PC (Win10) and an Android smartphone with MS Launcher. Kid got its own Microsoft account and connects...
  6. Microsoft is reportedly bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to web

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to web: Microsoft is working on bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to the web. Windows 10 Timeline coming to the web means that users will be able to access the Timeline activities from Microsoft’s website. Microsoft introduced Timeline with Windows 10 April 2018 Update or Windows...
  7. Is there a Ready Boost or similar feature ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a Ready Boost or similar feature ?: From Vista up through Windows 7, there has been a program called Ready Boost which let you boost the RAM memory function using a flash drive or SD card. Is there anything similar in Windows 10 ? Thanks in advance, Tom 58968
  8. Windows 10 for phone to support NFC payments similar to Apple Pay

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 for phone to support NFC payments similar to Apple Pay: Microsoft wants owners of Windows 10 for phones to pay for goods and services similar to how Apple Pay works for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. It detailed those plans last week at a presentation at its WinHEC 2015 hardware conference in China. You may remember that...
  9. Microsoft Delays Some Windows 10 Redstone Features - Report

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Delays Some Windows 10 Redstone Features - Report: Source says Microsoft is now working to prioritize features [img] Redstone is the codename of the upcoming big update for Windows 10 and rumor has it that it could arrive in the summer with a number of exciting features, including support for extensions in Edge...
  10. Windows 10 Redstone to Include Apple Continuity-like Feature - Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone to Include Apple Continuity-like Feature - Report: [img] Microsoft working on more big features for Redstone Although Threshold 2 is almost here, Redstone is actually the first big Windows 10 update that will be released by Microsoft, and according to people close to the matter, it won't arrive sooner than the...