Windows 10: Microsoft reportedly working on big size dual-screen Windows 10 device ‘Centaurus’

Discus and support Microsoft reportedly working on big size dual-screen Windows 10 device ‘Centaurus’ in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It was rumoured days back that Microsoft has delayed the Surface Andromeda and it won’t arrive before 2019. Another report yesterday revealed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 1, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft reportedly working on big size dual-screen Windows 10 device ‘Centaurus’

It was rumoured days back that Microsoft has delayed the Surface Andromeda and it won’t arrive before 2019. Another report yesterday revealed that Andromeda is slated to arrive in Q4 2019 and it won’t be pocketable as Microsoft is increasing the size of the dual-screen device.

It now seems that Microsoft is working on yet another device which could be larger than the rumoured Andromeda. The larger Andromeda which was rumoured this week is actually another project and it’s being internally referred to as Centaurus.

The report suggests that the software maker is working on a device similar to the Andromeda form factor and it could be unveiled next year as well.

The codenames aren’t a random word as they have a meaning. While Andromeda is a galaxy, the Centaurus is actually a bright constellation in the southern sky and it’s one of the ‘largest’ constellations.

Microsoft’s dual-screen device ‘Centaurus’ will be similar to Andromeda form factor but it would be larger. This means it won’t be pocketable and it could be a large tablet which could be folded.

“Starting to think that this “larger” Andromeda device that’s rumored to be in the works isn’t actually Andromeda. Possibly a different project, with a different codename. This would explain why I continue to hear “Andromeda” is pocketable,” Zac Bowden said in a tweet.

"Centaurus" is a WCOS device that runs the Andromeda OS experience. It's (from what I hear) powered by an Intel processor, and is very likely a larger take on the Andromeda form-factor. But it is NOT Andromeda.

— Zac Bowden (@zacbowden) December 1, 2018

Developer Gustave has discovered a reference to ‘Centaurus’ in latest Windows 10 19H1 preview builds or SDKs.

What's Microsoft Centaurus?
    Looks like it's a new WCOS product along with "Lite"
    cc @h0x0d pic.twitter.com/jkdeoH3FfF

— Gus (@gus33000) December 1, 2018

He found mention of Andromeda Device, WindowsCoreHeadless OS, Windows Core Hub OS, Andromeda OS, Polaris, Lite and Centaurus.

The post Microsoft reportedly working on big size dual-screen Windows 10 device ‘Centaurus’ appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 1, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Dec 1, 2018
  4. chispy Win User

Microsoft reportedly working on big size dual-screen Windows 10 device ‘Centaurus’

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft reportedly working on big size dual-screen Windows 10 device ‘Centaurus’ - Similar Threads - Microsoft reportedly working

2. How to report a big in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to report a big in Notepad: I recently purchased a new computer with Win11. The Notepad app seems to have a problem with the accented characters required to type in Spanish.I can type ONE accented character, such as á. But after that, no other accented character is accepted. The system doesn't accept...
  3. How to report a big in Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to report a big in Notepad: I recently purchased a new computer with Win11. The Notepad app seems to have a problem with the accented characters required to type in Spanish.I can type ONE accented character, such as á. But after that, no other accented character is accepted. The system doesn't accept...
  4. Microsoft reportedly changes Windows 10X plans for dual-screen devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reportedly changes Windows 10X plans for dual-screen devices: Microsoft is setting internal expectations that it won't deliver any Windows 10X devices in calendar 2020, my contacts say. This isn't really surprising, given what's going on externally with the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. But for enthusiasts who were looking forward to...
  5. Screen size too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen size too big: Hey everyone My monitor dies so I temporarily theived a 13' led toshiba tv I have around. Connected via HDMI Running Windows 10 insider latest build My desktop is way too large to fit on the screen. I have to drag the tasl bar up to its maximum height just to see it....
  6. Microsoft is reportedly testing big changes for Windows 10 and Shell

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly testing big changes for Windows 10 and Shell: Microsoft has been rumoured to be working on a stripped down version of Windows for dual-screen devices. As per reports, Microsoft’s new modular operating system is internally called Windows Lite and it should power the first foldable device from the company. Microsoft is...
  7. Microsoft’s dual-screen device with Windows 10 is reportedly real

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s dual-screen device with Windows 10 is reportedly real: In December 2018, a wild rumour claimed that Microsoft is working on a dual-screen device which will carry the Surface brand, and we could see the device in the market by late 2019. According to reports, Surface ‘Centaurus’ is being developed in conjunction with Intel and it...
  8. Report sheds light on Microsoft’s plans for Windows dual-screen devices

in Windows 10 News
    Report sheds light on Microsoft’s plans for Windows dual-screen devices: Microsoft is said to be working on dual-screen devices hardware and software, according to reports published in the past few months. The dual-screen device project comes down to both software and hardware that will eventually bring us a new product category. There are...
  9. Microsoft is reportedly preparing Windows 10 for foldable devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly preparing Windows 10 for foldable devices: While Microsoft has never confirmed that the company is working on a new category of Windows 10 devices, the reports have revealed that such a project is still part of its long-term vision. Microsoft is believed to be working on multiple dual-screen devices and as well as a...
  10. Microsoft’s Centaurus is reportedly a Courier like Windows Core OS device

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Centaurus is reportedly a Courier like Windows Core OS device: The definition of computing is changing day by day. One of the earliest section to adopt this change is the education market, where Microsoft had the dominance in the 90s and early 2000s. But after the introduction of Chromebook, education sectors have switched to it because...