Windows 10: Microsoft reportedly working on new Microsoft Store app for Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft reportedly working on new Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is working on a brand-new Store app for Windows 10 that will introduce a modern and fluid user interface, as well as bring changes to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 4, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft reportedly working on new Microsoft Store app for Windows 10

Microsoft is working on a brand-new Store app for Windows 10 that will introduce a modern and fluid user interface, as well as bring changes to the policies that govern what kind of apps can be submitted to the store by developers. According to sources familiar with the matter, this new Store will pave the way to a revitalized storefront that's more open to both end users and developers.

It's fair to say that in the last couple of years, the Microsoft Store app on Windows 10 has fallen by the wayside. The app today is slow, unintuitive, and frankly kind of ugly. It's just not a great app store for users to navigate, but that's all going to change with the new Store that Microsoft is working on.

It should come as no surprise to hear that the new Store app will follow the same design refresh that the rest of Windows is following with Sun Valley, which is expected to ship towards the end of this year. Many in-box apps, including this new Store app, will be reinvigorated with new layouts, WinUI designs, iconography, and fluid animations.

The new Store will continue to be a UWP app, and will be updated on a monthly cadence with new features and improvements over time. It should also provide a more stable download and install experience for large apps and games. Furthermore, in addition to the new storefront, Microsoft is also planning to relax some of the policies around what kind of apps can be submitted to the Store by developers.

According to my sources, there are three big changes coming to the new Store that will benefit developers:

Read more: Microsoft is building a new app store for Windows 10 in major revitalization effort | ZAC BOWDEN Windows Central

:)

Brink, May 4, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, May 5, 2021
  3. Brink Win User

Read more: Microsoft is building a new app store for Windows 10 in major revitalization effort | ZAC BOWDEN Windows Central

Brink, May 5, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Tenforo, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft reportedly working on new Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft reportedly working

2. Microsoft Store and apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and apps not working: SummaryI am a Windows 10 user. Everything was working fine until about 1 week ago. Now Microsoft Store and all associated apps have stopped working.DetailsThe first thing I noticed was Calculator app had stopped working. At first, that was the only thing malfunctioning. I...
  3. Microsoft Store and apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and apps not working: SummaryI am a Windows 10 user. Everything was working fine until about 1 week ago. Now Microsoft Store and all associated apps have stopped working.DetailsThe first thing I noticed was Calculator app had stopped working. At first, that was the only thing malfunctioning. I...
  4. Microsoft Store App not Working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store App not Working!: Hello! My Microsoft Store app isn't working, it repeatedly asks me to connect to the internet even though I am connected to the internet. My internet has been working for everything BUT the Microsoft App store, I've tried repairing the app, resetting the app, updating the...
  5. Microsoft Store App not working

Microsoft Store App not working: Hello, my Microsoft Store App will not open and neither will some of the apps I've downloaded from it.I've tried several suggested remedies by Microsoft but none of them have worked.troubleshootingAdvanced setting and reset in the Microsoft Stores Appupdates are updated and...
  6. microsoft store apps are not working

microsoft store apps are not working: Hello, this is asfiya, my microsoft store app and microsoft photos is not working, how to fix the issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-are-not-working/585effa6-65c5-450e-8496-b0222e5e28eb
  7. Microsoft Store App Not Working.......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store App Not Working.......: On my laptop, out of the clear blue, the Store app is blacked out on my start menu, and my app tree. It will not open. When I log onto microsoft.com to download a game, nothing happens. Literally nothing. I can not get anything concerning the Store. I ran the...
  8. Microsoft Store Apps are not working.

Microsoft Store Apps are not working.: I can't use, install or update any apps of Microsoft Store. It is showing windows update is disabled but my Windows Update is on. It is showing error Code: 0x80070422 Please help me. [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Microsoft Store and Apps not working

Microsoft Store and Apps not working: Microsoft Store App is gone from my Start Menu and Microsoft apps like Windows Solitaire no longer function. What should I do - Forum seems mixed on causes and fixes?...
  10. Microsoft is reportedly testing new features for Windows 10 app store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly testing new features for Windows 10 app store: Debuted back in 2012, Windows Store (now known as Microsoft Store) is an app store that would at some point replace Win32 programs concept altogether. Microsoft Store is slowly getting better, the number of apps has increased and the software maker is planning to sell...