Windows 10: Microsoft Requires My Gmail Password!!!

Discus and support Microsoft Requires My Gmail Password!!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; * Moved from Education This week I was unable to access my Gmail account. An icon next to Gmail explained Microsoft required my Gmail password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Camiele, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Camiele Win User

Microsoft Requires My Gmail Password!!!

* Moved from Education

This week I was unable to access my Gmail account. An icon next to Gmail explained Microsoft required my Gmail password. When I supplied it an agreement appeared stating I agreed to give Microsoft permission to access everything connected to that Gamil account which also includes Firefox, my default browser!. This made me uncomfortable and I refused to accept it. Of course as a consequences I was not allowed to access my Gmail. I reconsidered, though confused as to why Microsoft would want my Gmail information, and accepted the agreement.

Does anyone know anything about this new development

:)

Camiele, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Jon M. Win User

Can't log in Gmail after changed password

Hi RL98,

Regarding the issue you are having with gmail, I suggest the following troublehsooting steps

1) Go to gmail.com, login and change your password.

2) Delete your gmail account on the phone, reinstall and use the password you created in step 1.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Answers

Best regards

Jon M., Feb 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Feb 24, 2020
  4. DarkDan Win User

Update gmail password error

Guys,

This is a problem with Google not recognizing Windows Phone and requiring additional validation.

Steps to resolve:

• Go to
      https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
    • Enter the user ID and password for your gmail account
    • Enter the Captcha
    • It should return a message stating:

Verification Completed
      This verification will expire in 10 minutes, so return to your device or application to resume your sign-in.
    • Return to your mobile device and try to sign in again.
    • Enjoy gmail on your Windows Phone! Microsoft Requires My Gmail Password!!! :)

DarkDan, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Requires My Gmail Password!!! - Similar Threads - Microsoft Requires Gmail

2. Update Password on Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Password on Gmail: My gmail account continually asks that I Please Update the password of the account. Even though I do everytime it still asks and always has an exclamation mark beside it...
  3. Requiring my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Requiring my password: So recently I think I changed my password but I forgot it, I also forgot the phone number I was using because its an old one and not my new one. So I'm curious, why can't microsoft just email my email that I use for my actual account to restore my password. I got logged out...
  4. Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup: My laptop has just started requesting my Microsoft Account password before it will complete the startup process. How can this password requirement be removed?...
  5. No password required.

No password required.: Hi, just got my new broadband and router up and running and I was prompted to enter the wireless key password I was given into all my devices, except my PC, which automatically connected to my new WIFI without any prompt for the password. The network on my PC says 'secured',...
  6. Windows Live mail rejects my gmail requiring authentication of password. Google says my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live mail rejects my gmail requiring authentication of password. Google says my...: Hi, Really can't sort out this problem. Have tried everything I can read or find out about gmail password verification. Gmail is fine my windows live mail won't accept ?...
  7. changed my password in microsoft but gmail outlook will not accept new password

changed my password in microsoft but gmail outlook will not accept new password: changed my password in microsoft but gmail outlook will not accept new password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-password-in-microsoft-but-gmail-outlook/bb84fdb4-c7c4-4988-a604-27253d6c818b"
  8. change gmail password

change gmail password: trying to change password on windows live gmail account but doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-gmail-password/ea85a8aa-cdaa-4a8d-85f3-c223f68ebaba
  9. Password required

Password required: I have followed all instructions so that a password isn't required on my laptop. However, ever since the latest Windows 10 update, I have to type my password to get into Windows. For a number of reasons, I don't want to have to do that. What do I have to do to fix this?...
  10. Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password: New Windows 10 Home desktop. I put in Carol when it asked who would use the computer. After a restart, it showed Carol and Welcome, then I could just click on it and use it. The only user was Carol and no password was needed. That was OK. I set a system restore point,...