Windows 10: Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games

Discus and support Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the last decade, mobile gaming has grown into a huge industry. According to Newzoo, the global mobile games market will reach $46.1 billion in 2017,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games

Source: RAVEN: Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games without Compromising User Experience - Microsoft Research

:)

Brink, Feb 21, 2018

2. N96 and that damn flashing light!

Hopefully this will reduce power consumption too...?

leevickers, Feb 21, 2018
  3. bobblub Win User
    Processor Power Management isn't there

Hello! I have a laptop and i find that the fan is constantly on, and the sound is unbearably loud. I checked various YouTube tutorials and some suggested reducing the CPU's power consumption percentage in the processor power management area (after clicking
    advanced power settings). When I click advanced power settings, there is no section titled processor power management. is there a way to reduce the CPU's power consumption percentage, and why cant I find the processor power management section?

Thanks in advance Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games :)

bobblub, Feb 21, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games

1. Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games - Similar Threads - Microsoft Research Reducing

2. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enormous task manager power consumption: This has become very aggravating. I run Windows 10 most current version and if I DON'T load up the task manager in the background it will run at an enormous power consumption rated Very High for no reason consuming a ton of resources. It never drops. It absolutely kills any...
  3. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enormous task manager power consumption: This has become very aggravating. I run Windows 10 most current version and if I DON'T load up the task manager in the background it will run at an enormous power consumption rated Very High for no reason consuming a ton of resources. It never drops. It absolutely kills any...
  4. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to reduce RAM consumption in Windows 10 [Version-20H2]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to reduce RAM consumption in Windows 10 [Version-20H2]: Hi,Whenever I check my RAM usage, I always find it above 80%. Though, it has not created any problem yet. I am mainly facing this issue for video conferencing apps. They show me that for good meeting experience close other applications and the RAM usage is very high. At times...
  6. What are some ways to reduce RAM consumption?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are some ways to reduce RAM consumption?: I'm bought a 8GB RAM Laptop last week. Today I was curious so I opened Task Manager and found out the background running programs consume 4GB of my RAM. There were about 65 programs but the ones that took up the most were McAfee, Microsoft Defender, Microsoft Edge, wsappx and...
  7. Intel to reduce Chromium’s power consumption on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Intel to reduce Chromium’s power consumption on Windows 10: The Chromium platform is the king of the web browsing market. However, Chromium-based Chrome has the reputation of being a power-hungry browser on Windows devices. If you feel the Chrome browser in your laptop is draining the battery, then we have good news for you—Intel is...
  8. PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question: What's up ladies and gents. I have a question regarding PCIe power consumption for graphics cards. I've searched around and I get a very divided answer to this: Should I use a single power cable with x2 6+2 split on a GPU with slots over 8? or use two seperate 6+2 power...
  9. Power consumption issue with TP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power consumption issue with TP: Hello, I noticed a shorter battery life with the TP Since my computer runs heavy tasks I'm checking T° and power usage. Compared to Win 8.1 I also noticed an higher power consumption when idle (3,5W min with the TP, 2,3W on 8.1), data observed with Core Temp. Someone...
  10. Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs: Efficient power usage is an important aspect of speed, one of Chrome’s key pillars. To prolong battery life, Chrome should minimize power impact from things users can’t see. This includes background tabs, which consume a third of Chrome's power usage on desktop. Starting in...