Windows 10: Microsoft reset fTPM Bitlocker encryption message after Dell BIOS update

Discus and support Microsoft reset fTPM Bitlocker encryption message after Dell BIOS update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; During my most recent Microsoft Update, the update included an update of the Dell BIOS from 1.12.0 to 1.13.0. After the BIOS update, every time that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JWM Colorado, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Microsoft reset fTPM Bitlocker encryption message after Dell BIOS update

During my most recent Microsoft Update, the update included an update of the Dell BIOS from 1.12.0 to 1.13.0. After the BIOS update, every time that I reboot my Dell laptop, I get the following message in a blue screen: "Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have Bitlocker or encryption-enabled system. the system will not boot without a recovery key. Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot. fTPM will NOT be enabled with new CPU unless fTPM is reset reinitialized. you could swap back to the old CPU to recover TPM related keys and data."I have been pressing N because I am not ce

:)

JWM Colorado, Nov 30, 2023

2. fTPM key glitch

Hello. I logged onto my laptop last night to be greeted to a message which says “Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have Bitlocker or encryption enabled system, the system will not boot without a recovery key. Press N to previous fTPM record and continue system boot. fTPM will NOT be enabled with new CPU unless fTPM is reset (reinitialized), you could swap back to the old CPU to recover TPM related keys and data.”

However, much to my surprise, no options work and i’m locked at this screen. I cannot go to BIOS because the Dell logo doesn’t show up.

connerboyle, Nov 30, 2023
  3. New CPU installed. fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed on initiall start

Hello. I have the Asus X670E Hero MB and AMD 7950X. This is a newly built system. When I started the computer I got the message below. Because I am not familiar with this or whether Bitlocker or any encryption is enabled, I pressed N and then F1 and continued to the BIOS because I did not want to change anything and wanted to see if I could get to the BIOS, which I did. I understand Bitlocker has something to do with Win 10/11 but as stated I have no OS installed yet and therefore I have no Bitlocker code. I see that I can disable fTPM in Bios but don't know the affects of doing so. Can anyone help me with the next steps to ensure I can load the Win10 and not get locked out.

Thanks...Al

New CPU installed. fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed.

Methodical2, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Microsoft reset fTPM Bitlocker encryption message after Dell BIOS update

After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move forward?

Hi,

I'm Rodrigo and I'll help you.

If you do NOT have Bitlocker encryption enabled, you can press Y to reset fTPM, if you have Bitlocker encryption enabled, find your Bitlocker key before resetting fTPM.

Rodrigo.Queiroz, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft reset fTPM Bitlocker encryption message after Dell BIOS update

1. Microsoft reset fTPM Bitlocker encryption message after Dell BIOS update - Similar Threads - Microsoft reset fTPM

2. Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker: I press “Yes” , tell please me what will happen now? did I do it right? what does this mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/press-y-to-reset-ftpm-if-you-have-bitlocker/6b29bf30-1fee-4b4e-8b01-f17fa50f3481
  3. Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker: I press “Yes” , tell please me what will happen now? did I do it right? what does this mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/press-y-to-reset-ftpm-if-you-have-bitlocker/6b29bf30-1fee-4b4e-8b01-f17fa50f3481
  4. FTPM message/bitlocker recovery key needed for every boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FTPM message/bitlocker recovery key needed for every boot: Hello,Every time my computer has been idle for more than a few hours, and when booting up after computer is shut off or dies, I have had a FTPM error message. It prompts me Yes to reset the FTPM or No to keep old FTPM. Since I have not had any new changes to the device no new...
  5. FTPM message/bitlocker recovery key needed for every boot

FTPM message/bitlocker recovery key needed for every boot: Hello,Every time my computer has been idle for more than a few hours, and when booting up after computer is shut off or dies, I have had a FTPM error message. It prompts me Yes to reset the FTPM or No to keep old FTPM. Since I have not had any new changes to the device no new...
  6. After Windows update and BIOS update fTPM needs reset, battery draining overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows update and BIOS update fTPM needs reset, battery draining overnight: I’m having all kinds of problems with my one year old Dell laptop running Windows 11 Home, 22H2, AMD Ryzen 5 processor. It started after a couple different updates, Windows KB5033375 12/14/23 and Dell BIOS 1.13.0 12/17/23 First I got this message right after BIOS was...
  7. After Windows update and BIOS update fTPM needs reset, battery draining overnight

After Windows update and BIOS update fTPM needs reset, battery draining overnight: I’m having all kinds of problems with my one year old Dell laptop running Windows 11 Home, 22H2, AMD Ryzen 5 processor. It started after a couple different updates, Windows KB5033375 12/14/23 and Dell BIOS 1.13.0 12/17/23 First I got this message right after BIOS was...
  8. Microsoft reset fTPM Bitlocker encryption message after Dell BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft reset fTPM Bitlocker encryption message after Dell BIOS update: During my most recent Microsoft Update, the update included an update of the Dell BIOS from 1.12.0 to 1.13.0. After the BIOS update, every time that I reboot my Dell laptop, I get the following message in a blue screen: "Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have Bitlocker or...
  9. Firmware bios update triggered bitlocker encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firmware bios update triggered bitlocker encryption: Good afternoon, my DELL XPS 13 did an automatic firmware BIOS update and now is prompting me for a bitlocker key which I never set up. My device shows up in my Microsoft account when I check on my phone but there is no associated bitlocker key when I click manage keys. Nor on...
  10. BitLocker ask Recovery key after BIOS Update & Enable fTPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker ask Recovery key after BIOS Update & Enable fTPM: As per title say... I build a gaming rig for my friend long time ago, story it begin with:1. Last month, I guide him to enable fTPM in UEFI BIOS since he want his PC ready for Windows 112. Yesterday I guide him to update UEFI BIOS Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, v4301 to v4402...