Microsoft Response for bricked Windows 10 Lumia 520/521 Phones

Discus and support Microsoft Response for bricked Windows 10 Lumia 520/521 Phones in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; For users with Lumia 520/521 devices that have become unusable after an attempted recovery using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool (WPRT): We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: Lumia 520521Devices Unusable After Using Windows Phone Recovery - Microsoft Community

Brink, Apr 17, 2015
  2. Joan Archer Win User

Glad mine hasn't updated, I've got the 520 but only for a couple more days as I've just upgraded my contract and I'm waiting for delivery of a new phone. I still wanted a Lumia and I'm getting the 830 version, should be here Monday.

:)

Joan Archer, Apr 17, 2015
  3. Sankar_k Win User
    will microsoft provide any assistance for the lumia 520 bricked phone

hai all

i'm using lumia 520....recently i had upgraded from 8.1 to 10 windows..when i came to abt lags in windows 10 ..i tried to rollback to 8.1 through windows recovery tool but i found tht my phone lumia 520 was brick down or turned into dead..

after getting the advice from microsoft to reinstall or upadate windows recovery tool to version 1.2.4..even though the problem same as the past version of w r t...kindly reply or solve the problem of brick down
    lumia 520....

note:-my phone is out of warranty ..it is 2 yr old phone..it got bricked while rolling 8.1 through windows recovery tool......will microsoft provides any support to my bricked device lumia520.....hoping for a positive reply.....

Sankar_k, Apr 17, 2015
  4. V4lo Win User

Flash a Lumia 521 to lumia 520 software?

Dear forum users, Microsoft, and others,

We here at the Nokia 521 (t-mobile) have waited over 2 months while other cell phone providers currently have the 8.1 Cyan update on the Nokia 520. Since the 520/521 are essentially the same phone. It would be nice if there was a way to void the warranty
    on the 521 and make it a 520 so it may receive the update on the at&t network. This has been a really sore point for these windows phone users and frankly the incompetence of cell-phone providers really reflects poorly upon Microsoft. This has been my 1st
    smartphone experience, but currently I don't believe it is one I can endorse...especially when there are vital components like updates to the web browser experience that are standard on Android and Ios. I don't know how Microsoft expects to break into the
    smartphone market when consumers are being held back by the experience. But, I digress. So please if anyone knows how to make a Lumia 521 a Lumia 520 on att network so it may receive the vital update, please come forward.

5. Edwin New Member
    I had terrible misfortune using the WPRT, my first attempt with it made me wonder if I had bricked my Phone and PC!
    Special Phone Reset, (##777#), didn't work neither.
    I had gotten the 'Displaying a red Nokia logo' scenario, so I removed the battery, downloaded 'Lumia Software Recovery Tool', installed it, replaced the battery in the phone, launched the LSRT and followed the prompts.
    Saved my phone! *Smile

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobil...topic=FA142987

(Choose the LSRT not the WPRT!)

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Response for bricked Windows 10 Lumia 520/521 Phones - Similar Threads - Microsoft Response bricked

1. Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem: I am constantly getting a request to enter my username and password when trying to use Outlook 2010. Even after entering what I think is the correct password, (I have tried others just in case I have got it wrong but I am pretty certain I am not wrong) I still get the...
  2. Microsoft Store to get Wish List, remote app installs and more on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store to get Wish List, remote app installs and more on Windows 10: Microsoft is testing a big update for Store on both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. The update will reportedly bring Wish List and other changes to the Microsoft Store. The reported changelog includes new features such as a Wish List page, ability to install apps remotely,...
  3. Get control of my computer from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get control of my computer from Microsoft?: I am so mad right now I cannot think straight. I hate MS photo viewer!!!! I hate Groove Music!!!! Up until today I used Irfanview for all image files. Up until today I used Microsoft Media Player as default music program. *Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad In Settings >Apps> Default...
  4. Introducing srcset, 1st step fully responsive images in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing srcset, 1st step fully responsive images in Microsoft Edge: Windows 10 Insider builds recently introduced support for srcset, our first step on the path to fully supporting the picture element for responsive images. In this post we’d like to share more about our initial implementation of srcset in Windows 10 and our strategy for...
  5. Microsoft releases 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility report

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility report: Today Microsoft released our 2017 Annual Report and our 2017 Corporate Responsibility Report. These reports reflect our commitment that delivering on our mission extends well beyond our products and services. It includes a deep commitment to operate our business, deploy...
  6. Microsoft’s response to privacy concerns in the Netherlands

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s response to privacy concerns in the Netherlands: Our goal is to deliver the highest quality, delightful and trusted experience to Windows customers. Windows collects data so that we can be responsive to your needs and interests. We are committed to working with you and other interested voices to evolve the Windows privacy...
  7. Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge: As the web becomes more interactive, web pages are becoming increasingly reliant on JavaScript for core functionality, such as input, rendering, layout, and composition. As more and more of this core functionality moves to the client side, it becomes imperative for browsers...