Windows 10: Microsoft Response for bricked Windows 10 Lumia 520/521 Phones

Discus and support Microsoft Response for bricked Windows 10 Lumia 520/521 Phones in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For users with Lumia 520/521 devices that have become unusable after an attempted recovery using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool (WPRT): We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Response for bricked Windows 10 Lumia 520/521 Phones

Source: Lumia 520521Devices Unusable After Using Windows Phone Recovery - Microsoft Community

Brink, Apr 17, 2015

2. Glad mine hasn't updated, I've got the 520 but only for a couple more days as I've just upgraded my contract and I'm waiting for delivery of a new phone. I still wanted a Lumia and I'm getting the 830 version, should be here Monday.

:)

Joan Archer, Apr 17, 2015
  3. Sankar_k Win User
    will microsoft provide any assistance for the lumia 520 bricked phone

hai all

i'm using lumia 520....recently i had upgraded from 8.1 to 10 windows..when i came to abt lags in windows 10 ..i tried to rollback to 8.1 through windows recovery tool but i found tht my phone lumia 520 was brick down or turned into dead..

after getting the advice from microsoft to reinstall or upadate windows recovery tool to version 1.2.4..even though the problem same as the past version of w r t...kindly reply or solve the problem of brick down
    lumia 520....

note:-my phone is out of warranty ..it is 2 yr old phone..it got bricked while rolling 8.1 through windows recovery tool......will microsoft provides any support to my bricked device lumia520.....hoping for a positive reply.....

Sankar_k, Apr 17, 2015
  4. V4lo Win User

Flash a Lumia 521 to lumia 520 software?

Dear forum users, Microsoft, and others,

We here at the Nokia 521 (t-mobile) have waited over 2 months while other cell phone providers currently have the 8.1 Cyan update on the Nokia 520. Since the 520/521 are essentially the same phone. It would be nice if there was a way to void the warranty
    on the 521 and make it a 520 so it may receive the update on the at&t network. This has been a really sore point for these windows phone users and frankly the incompetence of cell-phone providers really reflects poorly upon Microsoft. This has been my 1st
    smartphone experience, but currently I don't believe it is one I can endorse...especially when there are vital components like updates to the web browser experience that are standard on Android and Ios. I don't know how Microsoft expects to break into the
    smartphone market when consumers are being held back by the experience. But, I digress. So please if anyone knows how to make a Lumia 521 a Lumia 520 on att network so it may receive the vital update, please come forward.

5. Edwin New Member
    I had terrible misfortune using the WPRT, my first attempt with it made me wonder if I had bricked my Phone and PC!
    Special Phone Reset, (##777#), didn't work neither.
    I had gotten the 'Displaying a red Nokia logo' scenario, so I removed the battery, downloaded 'Lumia Software Recovery Tool', installed it, replaced the battery in the phone, launched the LSRT and followed the prompts.
    Saved my phone! *Smile

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobil...topic=FA142987

(Choose the LSRT not the WPRT!)

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Response for bricked Windows 10 Lumia 520/521 Phones - Similar Threads - Microsoft Response bricked

2. Microsoft Lumia 640XL phone to use windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Lumia 640XL phone to use windows 10: My Microsoft phone store not working and Microsoft not account not sign in what I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-lumia-640xl-phone-to-use-windows-10/08d74ab2-8c3a-4cd7-bb75-6d7205e18290
  3. Microsoft Lumia 640XL phone to use windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Lumia 640XL phone to use windows 10: My Microsoft phone store not working and Microsoft not account not sign in what I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-lumia-640xl-phone-to-use-windows-10/08d74ab2-8c3a-4cd7-bb75-6d7205e18290
  4. MY LUMIA 1020 WAS BRICKED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LUMIA 1020 WAS BRICKED: software issue Hi can you help me fix my problem So I updated my lumia 1020 to windows 10 using the tutorial I find on youtube and I want to downgrade it again to windows 8.1 since it was laggy when I was done flashing my lumia 1020 to windows 8.1 my phone was Unable to find...
  5. MY LUMIA 1020 WAS BRICKED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY LUMIA 1020 WAS BRICKED: software issue Hi can you help me fix my problem So I updated my lumia 1020 to windows 10 using the tutorial I find on youtube and I want to downgrade it again to windows 8.1 since it was laggy when I was done flashing my lumia 1020 to windows 8.1 my phone was Unable to find...
  6. Microsoft Lumia 545 phone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Lumia 545 phone: Hello I have just received a message on my phone that WhatsApp will cease to be available on my phone from the new year. Maybe I have misunderstood, so I hope you can set me straight. A couple of years ago I also started being unable to use Messenger on my phone; I had...
  7. Storport/OperationalEventID 520-521-The miniport Logged an event...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storport/OperationalEventID 520-521-The miniport Logged an event...: I am getting many eventlog errors (Event 500 and 521) from Microsoft-Windows-Storage-Storport/Operational The miniport logged an event. [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-StorPort [ Guid] {c4636a1e-7986-4646-bf10-7bc3b4a76e8e} EventID 521 Version 1 Level 2 Task 201 Opcode 0 Keywords...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile for Lumia 520?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mobile for Lumia 520?: I have a Lumia 520 running Windows Phone 8.1 Update & Lumia Denim. Will this phone be updated to Windows 10 Mobile and if so, when? 51916
  9. Microsoft issues fix for Lumia phones bricked by Windows 10 Fast lane

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft issues fix for Lumia phones bricked by Windows 10 Fast lane: Microsoft has released a possible fix for low-end Lumia smartphones that have been bricked after installing an early Windows 10 preview build. It seems a shortage of memory in the Lumia 520 and Lumia 525 is behind the bricking of some of the units, after owners installed a...
  10. Lumia Phones and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Lumia Phones and Windows 10: [img] Windows 10 ushers in a new generation of more personal computing across the broadest range of devices, from big screens to small screens, to no screens at all. Introducing innovations such as a new version of Cortana, a better web experience, a new suite of in-box...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lumia 520 windows 10