Windows 10: Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

Discus and support Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Thanks guys *Smile I would say, overall, based on the various feedback, that it would probably be best to make a new iso at the time one was going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Craig Win User

Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

Thanks guys *Smile I would say, overall, based on the various feedback, that it would probably be best to make a new iso at the time one was going to actually make the clean install. In that way, it would be up to date and would include any major upgrades that were added up to that point...

Craig, Nov 24, 2015
  2. davidhk Win User

Yes. I don't trust flash drive. I always use DVD.
    But, yes, it will work if you have tablet with USB port but without optical drive.

But you can also just simply save the iso file to your computer/tablet, then right click at the ISO file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin the installation.
    It will let you keep your files, settings and apps(|most of them).
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Nov 24, 2015
  3. Downloaded Windows 10 -1511 ISO from Tech Bench this morning set up .exe starts up fine when if I mount it so presumably the download is fine. I'm going to burn a DVD also to have a 1511 (10586.0) installer/ boot disk .

blutos cousin, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

Does the re-issued update still mess up network connections for Windows Pro? I had installed the update when originally released but had to revert to the prior version when I lost all my networking connections on my office computer after the update.

Thanks for any info.

Gator5000e, Nov 24, 2015
  5. Steve C Win User
    Is this version any different from the 1511 build released over a week ago? I only ask since I was unable to upgrade my Windows 8.1 laptop using that release.

Steve C, Nov 24, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Nov 24, 2015
  7. Porthos Win User
    It is the same 10586.0 release. We probably wont see it get upgraded till Redstone. Rember MS belives in Cumulative updates now.

Porthos, Nov 24, 2015
  8. Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

It is the same version as before (and size), but the new updates get downloaded when you run the setup on a computer, so it will have everything it needs to.

What comes after 10586.11? Well, 10586.14, of course!

DustSailor, Nov 24, 2015
  9. groze Win User
    I am speculating here. I am suspecting it has something to do with laws or regulations as to the reason it was pulled. For example in the U.S. we have H.I.P.P.A, so lets say a doctor upgrades his system 10586. Microsoft changed some of the privacy setting which the doctor was unware. He/She could be violating H.I.P.P.A, without even knowing it.

groze, Nov 24, 2015
  10. Well just over the course of the last few days my PC died, so I went to Micro Center and had them build me a new gaming rig. But when the technician installed Windows 10, he didn't install TH2. I even have TH2 on my Asus tablet, so that means my gaming rig here is one step behind. But I just don't know whether I should just patiently wait for the update, or bite the bullet and install it manually with the media creation tool.

msdos622wasfun, Nov 24, 2015
  11. Do the creation tool... It speeds up the computer, and installation is flawless

DustSailor, Nov 24, 2015
  12. Tempted to do that.

msdos622wasfun, Nov 24, 2015
  13. linw Win User

Another one for 'use the creation tool'. Much more reliable.

14. waltc Win User
    Yep, somebody with the week-end duty at Microsoft goofed and pulled 10586 iso image instead of simply making an announcement for people to check their privacy settings and simply restore them if they didn't stick through the 10240 to 10586 RTM upgrade. The .14 cumulative update "fixes" the bug--which I never had because I didn't go from 10240 to 10586--I went from 10576 to 10586 in the Insiders program...*Wink The 10586 RTM iso image has been restored, thankfully, aat Microsoft. Somebody at Microsoft probably got a good chewing out because of that mistake--having two iso images out officially was a very poor judgment call. Anyway, it's now fixed as this thread notes!

Who knows...maybe Microsoft was simply trying to avoid another round of extremely paranoid people ranting nonsense about Microsoft "spying" on them...(Just like they imagine NSA agents are hiding under their beds and in their closets...!) El-whakadoodles...*Biggrin

waltc, Nov 24, 2015
  15. larc919 Win User
    Much better than the WU route, IMO.

larc919, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft restores downloads

2. Microsoft Windows November 2020 update not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows November 2020 update not installing: I tried to do the November 2020 yesterday 11/10/20, however after reaching installation 100% it stops. I then repeatedly get a message telling me to "retry" there is also an error code 0x80070005 I have "retried" multiple times. I have also rebooted, but I keep getting...
  3. Download Windows 10 November 2019 Update ISO images

in Windows 10 News
    Download Windows 10 November 2019 Update ISO images: Windows 10 November 2019 Update ISO images are available, allowing users to quickly upgrade from any version of Windows. You can download ISOs of Windows 10 November 2019 Update if you want to install the OS from scratch. Windows 10 ISO images are available through...
  4. Windows 10 November update

Windows 10 November update: I have twice updated and after each time my PC was unusable. Excel and Word had defaulted to a black background with yellow font. LastPass was the same with the added problem that most features, e.g. viewing settings were unreadable. I had to revert to the older Windows 10...
  5. Microsoft unlocks Windows 10 November 2019 Update in the Update Assistant

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft unlocks Windows 10 November 2019 Update in the Update Assistant: Windows 10 administrators have multiple options at their disposal when it comes to upgrading Windows 10 devices to new versions of the operating system. Home administrators may use Windows Update, Microsoft's Media Creation Toolkit, the Update Assistant, or third-party...
  6. windows 10 november update

windows 10 november update: Is the November Windows 10 update for the home edition too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-november-update/45232e5a-3805-44fd-ad49-5276f13dcd7f
  7. Microsoft announces Windows 10 November 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Windows 10 November 2019 Update: The next Windows 10 feature update is called “Windows 10 November 2019 Update” and it will begin shipping to consumers in the coming weeks. In a new announcement, Microsoft today confirmed that they are ready to roll out the next feature update for Windows 10. The release...
  8. Windows 10 November Update Unavailable?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 November Update Unavailable?: Hello, I recently tried to update the newly released Windows 10 update However, after installation it said that the update has failed. I clicked on "Retry" but nothing happened. Re-checked for new updates but says device is up to date. I restarted to see if the update would...
  9. Windows 10 - November Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - November Update: I went through the process of updating my pc and everything went fine. The system did the updates, it got through all the screens. I got back to the desktop and suddenly I got a BSOD. The BSOD was really bad as BSOD goes, every time the computer would get to the login screen...
  10. Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update: Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update from Windows Update 30988