Windows 10: Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

Discus and support Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After abruptly pulling the Windows 10 November Update from its download servers last weekend, Microsoft today reversed course. In the process, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

The Windows 10 media creation tool, which allows Windows users to download installation files for clean installations and upgrades, will once again allow anyone to download build 10586, a full installation package that incorporates the November Update and can be used for clean installs or upgrades...

...A new, just-released cumulative update will restore the settings for anyone who previously upgraded.

And the media creation tool will once again allow downloads of the most recent Current Branch release, in this case build 10586.
    Read more: Microsoft reverses course, restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update | ZDNet

See also: First Major Update for Windows 10 Available Today - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  2. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Nov 24, 2015
  3. Mickey Segal, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

Windows 10 Version 1511, Build 10586.3

More irony for you. 10 minutes after posting the above, I read...

"Recently we learned of an issue that could have impacted an extremely small number of people who had already installed Windows 10 and applied the November update. Once these customers installed the November update, a few of their settings preferences
    may have inadvertently not been retained. For these customers, we will restore their settings over the coming days
    and we apologize for the inconvenience. We worked to resolve the issue as quickly as possible - it will not impact future installs
    of the November update, which is available today." [emphasis mine]

Source:
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-reverses-course-restores-downloads-of-windows-10-november-update/

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 24, 2015
  5. Mc Ruff Win User
    Updated thanks. After the patch now says 10586.14

Mc Ruff, Nov 24, 2015
  6. zooburner Win User
    For these customers, we will restore their settings over the coming days and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Microsoft change settings on our computer.. any time they want ?

zooburner, Nov 24, 2015
  7. AntiMalware, Nov 24, 2015
  8. Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

Thanks for the heads up I'm downloading the update patch right now even though I re check all those preference and app settings with a new build or major update anyway .

Edit : update all done :

Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update [​IMG]

blutos cousin, Nov 24, 2015
  9. Mansome Win User
    Anyone know if the ISOs on the Techbench are restored as well?

Mansome, Nov 24, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  11. gpwill Win User
    Anyone know if this will be delivered thru updates or just the iso or MCT. Articles I found have indicated M$ have restored the update but my last check is up to date?

gpwill, Nov 24, 2015
  12. Cluster Head, Nov 24, 2015
  13. Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

You're welcome.....! *Smile

Cluster Head, Nov 24, 2015
  14. gpwill Win User
    Downloading from catalog now. Crossing fingers. *Smile

gpwill, Nov 24, 2015
  15. gpwill Win User
    Not applicable to this computer ... arghh!

gpwill, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

1. Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft restores downloads

2. Microsoft Windows November 2020 update not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows November 2020 update not installing: I tried to do the November 2020 yesterday 11/10/20, however after reaching installation 100% it stops. I then repeatedly get a message telling me to "retry" there is also an error code 0x80070005 I have "retried" multiple times. I have also rebooted, but I keep getting...
  3. Download Windows 10 November 2019 Update ISO images

in Windows 10 News
    Download Windows 10 November 2019 Update ISO images: Windows 10 November 2019 Update ISO images are available, allowing users to quickly upgrade from any version of Windows. You can download ISOs of Windows 10 November 2019 Update if you want to install the OS from scratch. Windows 10 ISO images are available through...
  4. Windows 10 November update

Windows 10 November update: I have twice updated and after each time my PC was unusable. Excel and Word had defaulted to a black background with yellow font. LastPass was the same with the added problem that most features, e.g. viewing settings were unreadable. I had to revert to the older Windows 10...
  5. Microsoft unlocks Windows 10 November 2019 Update in the Update Assistant

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft unlocks Windows 10 November 2019 Update in the Update Assistant: Windows 10 administrators have multiple options at their disposal when it comes to upgrading Windows 10 devices to new versions of the operating system. Home administrators may use Windows Update, Microsoft's Media Creation Toolkit, the Update Assistant, or third-party...
  6. windows 10 november update

windows 10 november update: Is the November Windows 10 update for the home edition too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-november-update/45232e5a-3805-44fd-ad49-5276f13dcd7f
  7. Microsoft announces Windows 10 November 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Windows 10 November 2019 Update: The next Windows 10 feature update is called “Windows 10 November 2019 Update” and it will begin shipping to consumers in the coming weeks. In a new announcement, Microsoft today confirmed that they are ready to roll out the next feature update for Windows 10. The release...
  8. Windows 10 November Update Unavailable?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 November Update Unavailable?: Hello, I recently tried to update the newly released Windows 10 update However, after installation it said that the update has failed. I clicked on "Retry" but nothing happened. Re-checked for new updates but says device is up to date. I restarted to see if the update would...
  9. Windows 10 - November Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - November Update: I went through the process of updating my pc and everything went fine. The system did the updates, it got through all the screens. I got back to the desktop and suddenly I got a BSOD. The BSOD was really bad as BSOD goes, every time the computer would get to the login screen...
  10. Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update: Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update from Windows Update 30988