Windows 10: Microsoft retiring older version from support

Discus and support Microsoft retiring older version from support in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Professor , Next Month [APRIL 2019] , Microsoft retiring older version from support, stops serving security updates to windows 10 Home, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jovejove, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:12 AM.

1. jovejove Win User

Microsoft retiring older version from support

Dear Professor ,

Next Month [APRIL 2019] , Microsoft retiring older version from support, stops serving security updates to windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Workstation running version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) and Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 and Windows 10 Education 1607(Anniversary Update).

My question :

Is that mean we will stop receiving any patches update(Cumulative/security update) from Microsoft for the related OS version?

The reason is that my company is having a bunch of Windows 10 Pro (1709) and Windows 10 Enterprise (1607). I need confirmation for the above for my Team to plan for upgrading those affected PCs in order to be compliant for Company's Security policy.

:)

2. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:15 AM
  3. swarfega Win User
    Email re Older Skype Versions Being Retired July

I just thought I'd post this email I got today regarding older versions of skype:

4. Microsoft retiring older version from support

Hyper-V Older Version support

Hyper-V has caught my attention that it cannot support older versions of Windows, I know that Hyper-V doesn't have a mouse driver for these older versions, but will Microsoft be working on it soon?

MrPaperSonic, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:15 AM
Thema:

Microsoft retiring older version from support

1. Microsoft retiring older version from support - Similar Threads - Microsoft retiring older

2. Install an older version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install an older version of Windows 10: Hi, My Windows 10 was recently updated to 1809, which unfortunately messed up my fps in games (again... had the same issues with 1803). As I already tried all the suggestions available online (disable game bar and full screen optimisations...bla bla), I want to install an...
  3. Can an older version of Microsoft Solitaire be loaded on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can an older version of Microsoft Solitaire be loaded on Windows 10?: I cannot stand the ads in the Windows 10 Microsoft Solitaire Collection and I refuse to pay to play a free game. Can an older Microsoft Games version be loaded to Windows 10 computer? If so, is there a link to do so? I have read the other related articles and have found no...
  4. How to get support from microsoft?

How to get support from microsoft?: With the recent update in windows, I can not longer share printers. I've gone through all the trouble shooting steps. The problem is windows 10. I've reached out to microsoft several times and they aren't taking ownership. I've lost 2 computers with previous updates....
  5. Downloading an Older Version of Windows 10

Downloading an Older Version of Windows 10: Hi, Is there a way to download a copy of an older version of a Windows 10 iso, for example, the creators update? Thanks...
  6. Swapping to an older version of windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Swapping to an older version of windows: Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks....
  7. Restoring image of updated version of Windows 10 from older version

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring image of updated version of Windows 10 from older version: Microsoft Fall update messed up my Windows 10 by, in particular, creating a second user account. I went to Microsoft support for assistance. After going through 5 Microsoft 'technicians' I ended up with 10 user accounts! During the process one of the 'techs', after me stating...
  8. Windows Movie Maker Older Version

Windows Movie Maker Older Version: Windows Movie Maker Older Version. Hi All need help finding the right Windows Movie Maker, the one where you just added one picture and then audio,put audio in timeline then added one picture into timeline,then pulled picture to length of audio and saved as a video,or is...
  9. Email re Older Skype Versions Being Retired July

Email re Older Skype Versions Being Retired July: I just thought I'd post this email I got today regarding older versions of skype: We’ve noticed that you are, or previously were, using an older version of Skype that will be permanently retired. As a result, after Ju*ly 1, 20*17, you will no longer be able to sign in...
  10. New Version of Microsoft Support & Recovery Available

New Version of Microsoft Support & Recovery Available: 27th June 2016 New Version of Microsoft Support & Recovery Available If you have already got this App then there is an update Version 16.00.1299.005 54483