Windows 10: Microsoft retiring older version from support

Discus and support Microsoft retiring older version from support in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Professor , Next Month [APRIL 2019] , Microsoft retiring older version from support, stops serving security updates to windows 10 Home, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jovejove, Mar 15, 2019.

1. jovejove Win User

Microsoft retiring older version from support

Dear Professor ,

Next Month [APRIL 2019] , Microsoft retiring older version from support, stops serving security updates to windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Workstation running version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) and Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 and Windows 10 Education 1607(Anniversary Update).

My question :

Is that mean we will stop receiving any patches update(Cumulative/security update) from Microsoft for the related OS version?

The reason is that my company is having a bunch of Windows 10 Pro (1709) and Windows 10 Enterprise (1607). I need confirmation for the above for my Team to plan for upgrading those affected PCs in order to be compliant for Company's Security policy.

:)

jovejove, Mar 15, 2019

2. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Mar 15, 2019
  3. swarfega Win User
    Email re Older Skype Versions Being Retired July

I just thought I'd post this email I got today regarding older versions of skype:

swarfega, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Microsoft retiring older version from support

Hyper-V Older Version support

Hyper-V has caught my attention that it cannot support older versions of Windows, I know that Hyper-V doesn't have a mouse driver for these older versions, but will Microsoft be working on it soon?

MrPaperSonic, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft retiring older version from support

1. Microsoft retiring older version from support - Similar Threads - Microsoft retiring older

2. Older Versions of Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Versions of Microsoft: HiIs it possible to get ISO images of older versions of windows say windows XP/windows 7 for testing purposes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-versions-of-microsoft/c7b16918-5f0d-4911-9590-a706e7cc4dcd
  3. Older Versions of Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Versions of Microsoft: HiIs it possible to get ISO images of older versions of windows say windows XP/windows 7 for testing purposes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-versions-of-microsoft/c7b16918-5f0d-4911-9590-a706e7cc4dcd
  4. What is the difference between end of support and retirement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between end of support and retirement?: I was reading something about product reaching the end but I saw this:Products retiring:Product ending support:I'm not sure what the difference is....
  5. What is the difference between end of support and retirement?

What is the difference between end of support and retirement?: I was reading something about product reaching the end but I saw this:Products retiring:Product ending support:I'm not sure what the difference is....
  6. Macrium Reflect Free Version Being Retired

Macrium Reflect Free Version Being Retired: Folks here often recommend the free version of Macrium Reflect as an alternative to Windows' own backup options. Unfortunately, the free version is going away, and there will be no further feature updates. Security updates will continue until January 24, 2024, however. The...
  7. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  8. older version of photos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    older version of photos: where can I download older version of windows photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-version-of-photos/bb8781e9-3a4d-4a7b-bcc2-e34f2a979061
  9. Download an older version

Download an older version: Is there a way to download Maps version 5.17.11.10104.0? We are trying to verify a change in functionality from the older version to the current version and need access toMaps version 5.17.11.10104.0....
  10. Email re Older Skype Versions Being Retired July

Email re Older Skype Versions Being Retired July: I just thought I'd post this email I got today regarding older versions of skype: We’ve noticed that you are, or previously were, using an older version of Skype that will be permanently retired. As a result, after Ju*ly 1, 20*17, you will no longer be able to sign in...