Windows 10: Microsoft reveals a new Windows 10 issue caused by Nvidia driver update

Discus and support Microsoft reveals a new Windows 10 issue caused by Nvidia driver update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On 1st December, Microsoft updated the support document of the latest cumulative update for Windows 10 October 2018 Update to acknowledge a new Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 4, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft reveals a new Windows 10 issue caused by Nvidia driver update

On 1st December, Microsoft updated the support document of the latest cumulative update for Windows 10 October 2018 Update to acknowledge a new Edge browser issue. This problem could occur on Windows 10 October 2018 Update devices after installing a Nvidia driver update.

In the changelog of KB4467708 (Build 17763.134) for Windows 10 October 2018 Update, the software maker has acknowledged a Microsoft Edge bug where the browser may crash or hang while playing video.

Microsoft says that this problem occurs following a Nvidia driver update and it has been addressed in GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 417.21.

“nVidia has notified Microsoft of an issue where Microsoft Edge may crash or hang while playing video. This issue occurs following an nVidia driver update,” Microsoft explains the problem.

Nvidia has released an updated driver to address this issue and other problems. According to changelog from Nvidia, the latest driver update comes with following fixes:

• Memory Data Rate reporting incorrect value in NVIDIA Control Panel
    • Microsoft Edge does not respond after playing back video
    • Can’t apply color format after updating to driver 417.01

If you’re running Windows 10 October 2018 Update with Nvidia graphics, you need to update the software to the latest version to address the reported issue.

The post Microsoft reveals a new Windows 10 issue caused by Nvidia driver update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 4, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Hood Win User
    Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Hood, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Apsy Win User

NVIDIA DRIVER 307.83

The issue still the same.

I went to NVIDIA Web site and they suggested to download a new driver

GE force 353.62. I was able to downloaded but was not able to install it due to:

"NVIDIA Installer cannot continue this graphic driver could not find compatible graphic hardware"

I don't know what to do anymore

Any other suggestion?

Apsy, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft reveals a new Windows 10 issue caused by Nvidia driver update - Similar Threads - Microsoft reveals issue

2. BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?: So i was playing vrchat and a couple weeks ago i updated my driver to 457.09 not important now but later.So i was playing VRChat for the first time since updating my driver and i went into the game and ran straight into a BSOD.Now this kinda scared me, since the last time i...
  3. Windows 10X update new details revealed by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X update new details revealed by Microsoft: Windows 10X is rumoured to be a modular and multi-device operating system that will compete against the likes of ChromeOS in the education niche. Based on last year’s announcement, it looks like Windows 10X is going to be a ‘hybrid’ OS, which means the operating system will...
  4. Microsoft reveals new trick to block Windows 10 feature updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals new trick to block Windows 10 feature updates: On Windows 10, quality updates download and install automatically as soon as they’re ready. On the other hand, feature updates are automatically downloaded only when your Windows 10 version is reaching the end of the support period. Starting with Windows 10 version 2004,...
  5. Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?: I just installed the game readyNvidia drivers for gtx 1070 on my PC. I played Some games after, but suddenly, my PC froze and i restarted it often, but it just stopped while loading Windows 10. After Some restarts BSoD "Critical process died" appeared. I cant Start in...
  6. New nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New nvidia drivers: So I installed the new drivers tonight, it installed then restarted annnnnd I got nothing, black screen. Took it out and hooked up onboard graphics and it works. Anyone else have this issue?
  7. Nvidia’s 436.02 driver reportedly causing performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia’s 436.02 driver reportedly causing performance issues: Nvidia’s 436.02 GPU driver, which is the most significant GPU driver update in a long time, reportedly causes performance issues when playing games like CSGO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive). According to posts on Reddit, Nvidia 436.02 GPU driver reportedly reduces the FPS...
  8. Microsoft reveals new Windows Update feature for Windows 10 20H1

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals new Windows Update feature for Windows 10 20H1: Windows 10 Build 18917 is rolling out to Insiders in the Fast Ring with Windows Update, Narrator improvements and more. Microsoft has also fixed various bugs and problems in this release. Windows 10 has always allowed users to limit the download speed of Windows Update...
  9. ?Notify NVIDIA or Microsoft of NVIDIA driver issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?Notify NVIDIA or Microsoft of NVIDIA driver issue?: Win10 1803 with all updates. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 display driver. MS Update installed a new version of the display driver and it has issues - audio is fine but video does not advance and most of the video area is covered with white blocks. I reverted to the previous driver...
  10. New finding reveals name of Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    New finding reveals name of Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 10 update: According to new findings, Microsoft is planning to reuse its old naming scheme for the next Windows 10 update. The software giant has not yet officially named its next Windows 10 update, but the name ‘Windows 10 April 2019 Update’ has been spotted in latest Windows 10 19H1...