Windows 10: Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft last month started testing an improved dark mode for Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app. Yesterday, Microsoft officially announced the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 2, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app

Microsoft last month started testing an improved dark mode for Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app. Yesterday, Microsoft officially announced the refined dark mode experience for Windows 10’s default mail app and the update is now live for all Insiders.

Mail and Calendar version 16.0.11231.20082 is rolling out to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring and it comes with a series of visual changes. First and foremost, the message body and the new mail screen now uses a refined dark visual style.

The implementation of dark appearance in all pages provides a consistent experience in the Mail app. The new visual changes are also expanding to the Calendar app and you’ll notice it when updating a calendar item. The experience while managing the emails and calendar appointments should be more consistent after the update.

Windows 10’s Mail now has a refined dark appearance

Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app Mail-app.jpg

If the entire app has a dark appearance, it will offer a better reading experience for people that work in a low light environment. The new dark mode can be accessed from the app’s Settings > Personalization. After enabling it, the dark mode will expand to include the email reading pane, compose box and other areas.

Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app Dark-mode-in-Mail-app.jpg

You can still view a particular email in light mode by tapping on the sunshine icon located at the top of the screen (also known as command bar). This will turn on the lights and you can view the email content with a white background. Microsoft says that this feature is useful if an email is not formatted well in the dark background.

Default font settings

Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app Default-Font-in-Mail-app.jpg

Microsoft is finally bringing the highly-anticipated font settings to the Mail app. The new default font settings in Mail app will allow you to customize how new messages will look and you will also notice fonts of your choice when you type an email.

You can change your default font in Mail app from Settings > Default font. It’s worth noting that default font changes won’t be applied to the OS and it does not roam to other devices.

Microsoft is still beta testing the new features and it will be rolled out to the general public soon.

The post Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 2, 2019

2. Windows live mail font issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share the detail
    • which version of windows live mail you are using?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.
    1. Sign in to your Windows Live Mail using your Microsoft account.
    2. Click on the blue tab located at the top left of the screen with arrow pointing downward.

3. Click Option and then tick on Mail.
    4. Click Compose tab -> Under Compose Font, click Font settings tab and then choose the font size that you prefer.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Windows Live Mail error "This page uses fonts that need to be temporarily installed. This is usually safe. Do you want to allow these fonts to be downloaded?"

Hi Edward,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing this issue when you send or receive mail to particular email "Videomaker eNews" or all?

If the issue is with all the emails then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font settings and check if it helps.

• Open the “Windows Live mail” and click on “File”.
    • Go to “Options “and click on “Mail”.
    • Then click on “Compose” and click on “Font settings”.
    • And check whether the “font size is 10 and Arial”.
    • Then click on “Apply” and “ok”.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app

Font issues with Windows Mail App

Hello Jesse,

We regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing the following issues:

• You are unable to define or set fonts in Mail App.
    • You are unable to access the address book.

In the first case, we need more clarity as to what you are referring as 'set fonts'.

Are you referring to setting fonts while creating an email message? Or are you referring to overall interface of the fonts in the Mail App?

Secondly, in Windows, Mail App collects the address when you either reply to an email or manually type in an email address. So, there is no option to remove/modify or add to an existing contact list.

This feature is integrated to Mail App through People App in Windows. So once you add/delete/modify contacts to the People app, the same reflects under the Mail App.

With regards to the third concern, I suggest you to
    post your question in the Office Forum, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on such issues.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app

1. Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Microsoft reveals refined

2. Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !: Hi there, I am having a problem with the dark modes on Microsoft apps. while I am studying I have both Microsoft Word and OneNote on my computer; the problem is that while I am working with Word, I prefer "dark mode" and a "dark gray" while working with OneNote! is there any...
  3. Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !: Hi there, I am having a problem with the dark modes on Microsoft apps. while I am studying I have both Microsoft Word and OneNote on my computer; the problem is that while I am working with Word, I prefer "dark mode" and a "dark gray" while working with OneNote! is there any...
  4. Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue: Windows 10/11 mail app forces emails to render weirdly while in dark mode. It's extremely annoying. Emails containing dark background or color are forced to render with light colored background. What is the point of dark mode then? Is there a way to disable this stupid...
  5. Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue

Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue: Windows 10/11 mail app forces emails to render weirdly while in dark mode. It's extremely annoying. Emails containing dark background or color are forced to render with light colored background. What is the point of dark mode then? Is there a way to disable this stupid...
  6. UNABLE TO SET DEFAULT FONT IN WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO SET DEFAULT FONT IN WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP: Greetings,Before I state what my problem is let me first state what it isn't: I do NOT need directions/instructions on how to change the default font in the Windows 10 Mail App. I already know the procedure. I repeat - I already know how to go about making this change.Now...
  7. UNABLE TO SET DEFAULT FONT IN WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP

UNABLE TO SET DEFAULT FONT IN WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP: Greetings,Before I state what my problem is let me first state what it isn't: I do NOT need directions/instructions on how to change the default font in the Windows 10 Mail App. I already know the procedure. I repeat - I already know how to go about making this change.Now...
  8. Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode: I am trying to change windows 10 to "dark mode". I went into the colors tab and looked for "default app mode" but it doesn't show up. I have seen people suggest clicking on custom in the color tab to get it to show up but when I click on custom it brings up a another window...
  9. Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode: So, in the settings of my Windows 10 desktop, I turned on dark mode for all apps and for the default Windows system. However, whenever I use a theme in Google Chrome, the search bar remains white while the rest of the browser is black i.e. the settings page, home page,...
  10. Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode

Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode: I have some vision issues and need dark mode throughout mail app including the reading pane. I have dark mode set in settings but reading pane remains white. I understand there should be a sun/moon toggle to change this but I am unable to find it. Is it possible to get a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dark font setting