Windows 10: Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper

Discus and support Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Next month, Microsoft will release Windows 10, and with the goal of having one billion users in the next two to three years, the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by swarfega, Jun 24, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper

Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper [​IMG]

Next month, Microsoft will release Windows 10, and with the goal of having one billion users in the next two to three years, the default wallpaper will receiving a lot of eyeball time. So, choosing the image is a big deal for the company, and in a new video posted to Windows YouTube account, Microsoft talks about the creation process for the hero desktop image.

Source

swarfega, Jun 24, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

[youtube]hL8BBOwupcI[/youtube]

:)

Brink, Jun 24, 2015
  3. PX-009 Win User
    Image for Windows Logon wanted.

Hi,

I prefer the Windows 10 Logon image to the Hero wallpaper version and would like to use it as a Desktop wallpaper but can't find it anywhere online.

Many people seem to say that it is just the Hero Wallpaper but the positioning and fog details seem different. While these could just be due to changes of contrast/?/saturation/? or something it does not seem to be the case to me.

I would like to get the image as stored in the "Windows.UI.Logon.pri"
    file but can't work out how to extract it (way above my technical skill level I expect). I can't work out how to use the SDK that I downloaded.

If anyone can explain a relatively simple way to extract the image that would be marvellous, or a place where it may be downloaded if already extracted or available?

Thanks for any help.

Pete

PX-009, Jun 24, 2015
  4. Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper

Windows 10 Version 1709-Blank Lock Screen

I have the same issue. Was a fix ever found?

No solution was found. Microsoft needs to address this issue and release an update. That is the only solution

Found the solution!

The solution for me was to change the following registry setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

“DisableLogonBackgroundImage” with a DWORD value of “0”

This was previously set when we started deploying Windows 10 1507 to turn off the default Microsoft Hero Wallpaper at the login prompt.

It would appear that having this value set to 1 disables the Lock Screen wallpaper in Windows 10 1709 entirely.

SuzanneDeMark Rander, Jun 24, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    I thought about including the video but chose to leave it with a link at the bottom.

swarfega, Jun 24, 2015
  6. Cr00zng Win User
    Looks like an image taken in jail, somewhat appropriate I guess...

Cr00zng, Jun 24, 2015
  7. The video was cool...I loved all those different effects, but the wallpaper itself is okay. I wish we had the choice from all the different options.

RamboMcMutNutts, Jun 24, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper [​IMG]

Photographing the Default Wallpaper for Windows 10

More...

badrobot, Jun 25, 2015
  9. sgage Win User
    Ugh! Welcome to the Machine...

Say, how about a new build for the Fast Ring? ;-)

sgage, Jun 25, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    You gonna post that in a nice 1920 X 1080?
    (I know you can do it!) *Wink

Edwin, Jun 25, 2015
  11. Not terrible, but I don't think it'll become "iconic" like Bliss.

Now, the betta fish wallpaper in the old leaks...I kind of miss that. Hahaha

blackroseMD1, Jun 25, 2015
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    I actually like it as I think it looks cool.

sygnus21, Jun 25, 2015
  13. badrobot Win User

@Edwin , It's not available anywhere yet but I made a 1920x1080 file. Probably not as sharp as the original. Get it from my OneDrive here.

badrobot, Jun 25, 2015
  14. Edwin New Member
    Thanks! *Thumbs

Edwin, Jun 25, 2015
  15. I grew up in Sonoma, had no idea the XP wallpaper was taken there. Cool!

This new wallpaper looks cool, I might even keep it for two days *Smile

fracking4oil, Jun 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper - Similar Threads - Microsoft reveals hero

2. Microsoft Live Desktop Wallpaper will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Live Desktop Wallpaper will not open: After installing the Microsoft Live Wallpaper app through the Microsoft Store, I am unable to relaunch/ open the app to change the wallpaper or even have the app launch anything at all. The background is still live so I'm assuming it's still active on my PC, but I cannot open...
  3. Microsoft Live Desktop Wallpaper will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Live Desktop Wallpaper will not open: After installing the Microsoft Live Wallpaper app through the Microsoft Store, I am unable to relaunch/ open the app to change the wallpaper or even have the app launch anything at all. The background is still live so I'm assuming it's still active on my PC, but I cannot open...
  4. Microsoft Live Desktop Wallpaper will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. wallpapers desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wallpapers desktop: How can I get information on the excellent, daily changing wallpapers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpapers-desktop/adc90286-fd3e-4463-b152-1f532eb8801f
  6. Why is Windows 10 wallpaper changes to Windows 8.1 desktop wallpaper?

Why is Windows 10 wallpaper changes to Windows 8.1 desktop wallpaper?: This happend after i linked my computer to my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-wallpaper-changes-to-windows-81/c9e80024-2d8b-49cc-9d81-d62f59a0177b
  7. Win10 hero wallpaper

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 hero wallpaper: Does anyone have a high res version of the "hero" wallpaper :/ its like the dark version of the default one. Everywhere i looked they claim they have the 4k version but when i download it its like 0.7mb and looks like shit. Thanks submitted by /u/nXEJSAUrpDudrOkzlYiN...
  8. desktop wallpaper on windows 10

desktop wallpaper on windows 10: Hello world, I rendered a desktop wallpaper in Blender and when I try to put it as my wallpaper, my wallpaper turns into a solid colour but if I set another wallpaper it does work and it sets as a wallpaper. Can someone please help me out? the wallpaper I made since it's...
  9. Windows 10 Hero animated wallpaper - Where can i get one?

Windows 10 Hero animated wallpaper - Where can i get one?: Where/How can i get an HIGH DEFINITION Windows 10 Hero animated wallpaper? I want one for wallpaperengine. *Huh 114205
  10. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: Hello, I am trying to make a picture that has a resolution of 1920x1080 my desktop wallpaper, my monitors resolution is also 1920x1080 but it is extremely blurry when I set it as my background. The only way I can get it to not be blurry is if I set it to tile or center, but...