Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper

Discus and support Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Next month, Microsoft will release Windows 10, and with the goal of having one billion users in the next two to three years, the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by swarfega, Jun 24, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper [​IMG]

Next month, Microsoft will release Windows 10, and with the goal of having one billion users in the next two to three years, the default wallpaper will receiving a lot of eyeball time. So, choosing the image is a big deal for the company, and in a new video posted to Windows YouTube account, Microsoft talks about the creation process for the hero desktop image.

Source

swarfega, Jun 24, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

[youtube]hL8BBOwupcI[/youtube]

:)

Brink, Jun 24, 2015
  3. PX-009 Win User
    Image for Windows Logon wanted.

Hi,

I prefer the Windows 10 Logon image to the Hero wallpaper version and would like to use it as a Desktop wallpaper but can't find it anywhere online.

Many people seem to say that it is just the Hero Wallpaper but the positioning and fog details seem different. While these could just be due to changes of contrast/?/saturation/? or something it does not seem to be the case to me.

I would like to get the image as stored in the "Windows.UI.Logon.pri"
    file but can't work out how to extract it (way above my technical skill level I expect). I can't work out how to use the SDK that I downloaded.

If anyone can explain a relatively simple way to extract the image that would be marvellous, or a place where it may be downloaded if already extracted or available?

Thanks for any help.

Pete

PX-009, Jun 24, 2015
  4. SuzanneDeMark Rander Win User

Windows 10 Version 1709-Blank Lock Screen

I have the same issue. Was a fix ever found?

No solution was found. Microsoft needs to address this issue and release an update. That is the only solution

Found the solution!

The solution for me was to change the following registry setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

“DisableLogonBackgroundImage” with a DWORD value of “0”

This was previously set when we started deploying Windows 10 1507 to turn off the default Microsoft Hero Wallpaper at the login prompt.

It would appear that having this value set to 1 disables the Lock Screen wallpaper in Windows 10 1709 entirely.

SuzanneDeMark Rander, Jun 24, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    I thought about including the video but chose to leave it with a link at the bottom.

swarfega, Jun 24, 2015
  6. Cr00zng Win User
    Looks like an image taken in jail, somewhat appropriate I guess...

Cr00zng, Jun 24, 2015
  7. RamboMcMutNutts Win User
    The video was cool...I loved all those different effects, but the wallpaper itself is okay. I wish we had the choice from all the different options.

RamboMcMutNutts, Jun 24, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper [​IMG]

Photographing the Default Wallpaper for Windows 10

More...

badrobot, Jun 25, 2015
  9. sgage Win User
    Ugh! Welcome to the Machine...

Say, how about a new build for the Fast Ring? ;-)

sgage, Jun 25, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    You gonna post that in a nice 1920 X 1080?
    (I know you can do it!) *Wink

Edwin, Jun 25, 2015
  11. blackroseMD1 Win User
    Not terrible, but I don't think it'll become "iconic" like Bliss.

Now, the betta fish wallpaper in the old leaks...I kind of miss that. Hahaha

blackroseMD1, Jun 25, 2015
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    I actually like it as I think it looks cool.

sygnus21, Jun 25, 2015
  13. badrobot Win User

@Edwin , It's not available anywhere yet but I made a 1920x1080 file. Probably not as sharp as the original. Get it from my OneDrive here.

badrobot, Jun 25, 2015
  14. Edwin New Member
    Thanks! *Thumbs

Edwin, Jun 25, 2015
  15. fracking4oil Win User
    I grew up in Sonoma, had no idea the XP wallpaper was taken there. Cool!

This new wallpaper looks cool, I might even keep it for two days *Smile

fracking4oil, Jun 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft reveals Windows 10 hero desktop wallpaper - Similar Threads - Microsoft reveals hero

2. Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on: I cannot turn on my windows defender real time protection, it is grey and cannot be turned on, before it said an organization was blocking your from turning on real time protection but i restarted my computer and when it turns on it says repairing and scanning drive then a...
  3. How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?: I have used remote desktop for years, but since the windows 10 app came out, I have nothing but trouble. Most of the time it just won't connect. It wants an email or URL. This is a private LAN. I've enabled remote desktop on the server and my local PC. I am the administrator....
  4. Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission: I am the sole user of my computer. I cannot delete a file (or file folder) as to do so needs System Administrator Permission. I am the Administrator. How to I fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.: Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were...
  6. OEM windows 10 Pro fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM windows 10 Pro fail: Hello, I bought a refurbished computer with OEM window 10 Pro before. Now the Windows system fails to start. I want to reinstall the Windows. But I have not Windows install or recovery CD and I did not create a recovery disk. The computer has out off warranty. I only have...
  7. Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar: This issue was raised 2 years ago, and yet nothing has been done about it. How can you have a utility meant to copy literally every single file on a hard drive, and not provide a way to track that progress, and make sure it's not stalled?...
  8. The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will...: I am using Asus T200A which is a lightweight PC/Tablet Windows is 10.0.16299 Build 16299 There are too many problems to list The system has got so slow and bloated with Windows software with less tha a Gig left on my C: drive, that when I want to open a new application, I...
  9. how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10: how do I find my cursor on my acer laptop. windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-find-my-cursor-on-acer-windows-10/712f1d6f-06fd-45da-ade4-646a20b6b9a6
  10. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 18219 - August 16

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 18219 - August 16: Hello Windows Insiders! Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18219 (19H1) to Windows Insiders who have opted in to Skip Ahead. What’s new in Build 18219 Narrator Improvements We have made the following changes and improvements: Reliability: We have...