Windows 10: Microsoft reveals Windows vulnerable to FREAK SSL flaw

Discus and support Microsoft reveals Windows vulnerable to FREAK SSL flaw in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The FREAK security bug that allows attackers to conduct man-in-the-middle attacks on Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Mar 5, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft reveals Windows vulnerable to FREAK SSL flaw

Source

:)

labeeman, Mar 5, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Windows Phone vulnerable to FREAK ATTACK!

If you were explicitly made aware of every security vulnerability computer devices had, most average users wouldn't understand what it meant and freak out completely.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about this. Banking on your mobile would be fine on your home WiFi unless you have reason to believe your home network is compromised.

Entegy, Mar 5, 2015
  3. Windows Phone vulnerable to FREAK ATTACK!

I am puzzled.

When I visit
    security bulletin
    does not mention anything about it! What is worse, there is no hope for any update coming.

Did I miss something? Or are the Windows Phones not meant to be secure?

Can somebody explain please?

With thanks in advance for any clues.

Martin

Martin Dobšík, Mar 5, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft reveals Windows vulnerable to FREAK SSL flaw

1. Microsoft reveals Windows vulnerable to FREAK SSL flaw - Similar Threads - Microsoft reveals vulnerable

2. SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability: SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability The following certificate was at the top of the certificatechain sent by the remote host, but it is signed by an unknowncertificate authority :-Subject : CN=SMMUMVSAPS01.sm.ad-Issuer : DC=ad/DC=sm/CN=SAMC-CA-SERVER3389...
  3. SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability: SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability The following certificate was at the top of the certificatechain sent by the remote host, but it is signed by an unknowncertificate authority :-Subject : CN=SMMUMVSAPS01.sm.ad-Issuer : DC=ad/DC=sm/CN=SAMC-CA-SERVER3389...
  4. Compromised microsoft account flaw

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Compromised microsoft account flaw: Dear Microsoft agents , My question is related to the previous thread on what happens if you remove a computer from the devices section in Microsoft account area...
  5. Microsoft Family Features flaw

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Features flaw: Microsoft Family Features do not allow me to open any web browser except Microsoft Edge, which in my opinion, is an unfair means to promote Microsoft's services. Microsoft needs to understand that some websites do not work properly on Edge, such as my institute's website for...
  6. Windows Freaking Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Freaking Out: Hello All, My computer says that it has "Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit" and I still get the "Activate Windows" message on my monitor. When I used Windows 10 Update Assistant, It told me that my operating wasn't ok, and I needed to "Upgrade Windows Server or...
  7. BitLocker flaw revealed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker flaw revealed: A recent flaw in BitLocker protected drives were discovered regarding Thunderbolt and DMA attacks and one of the mentioned mitigations to this type of attack is enabling the Kernel DMA Protection mode. I followed the below steps as directed and this option is still disabled....
  8. Multiple new Intel CPU flaws revealed

in Windows 10 News
    Multiple new Intel CPU flaws revealed: In addition to four well-known Intel processor/chipset vulnerabilities Intel Product Security Center (IME) Intel Product Security Center (IME) Meltdown and Spectre (Meltdown/Spectre) eight new vulnerabilities have been discovered: Exclusive: Spectre-NG - Multiple new Intel...
  9. Google reveals a medium severity flaw in Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 News
    Google reveals a medium severity flaw in Windows 10 S: So... Win 10 S(ecure) isn't actually secure? Who'd a thunk it. Boy did I laugh with this comment.
  10. FREAK: Another day, another serious SSL security hole

in Windows 10 News
    FREAK: Another day, another serious SSL security hole: It seemed like such a good idea in the early 90s. Secure-Socket Layer (SSL) encryption was brand new and the National Security Agency (NSA) wanted to make sure that they could read "secured" web traffic by foreign nationals. So, the NSA got Netscape to agree to deploy 40-bit...