Windows 10: Microsoft reward balance ALWAYS on search box popup? How to remove?

Discus and support Microsoft reward balance ALWAYS on search box popup? How to remove? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I find it distracting and unwanted that the "Microsoft Reward Balance" tally is always on my search dialog and updates EVERY SINGLE TIME... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/upandawaykid, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Microsoft reward balance ALWAYS on search box popup? How to remove?

Microsoft reward balance ALWAYS on search box popup? How to remove? p_laQw1-3OmvLX63MKc5DMfNhawe8E7unGHZXwd0xhk.jpg

I find it distracting and unwanted that the "Microsoft Reward Balance" tally is always on my search dialog and updates EVERY SINGLE TIME you open the search box. The numbers animate and increase to your total points. I do have a microsoft Xbox account I occasionally use, but my machine is mostly for working. This is simply a sales promotion mechanism built into the OS. At least all the others you can remove - disable.

I don't want this... I've searched and can't find any solutions. Someone know how to get rid of this? (extra thanks if you can direct me to turning off the "quick searches" nonsense too.)

https://preview.redd.it/zkzxiyhi4td...bp&s=d7ec4e7182115980cfadf857ff8b48511aff00b6

submitted by /u/upandawaykid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/upandawaykid, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Niseamus Win User

How to remove Microsoft Rewards balance

When I click "Type here to search" in the taskbar, an ad at the top of the search window counts up to 5 to show me my "Microsoft Rewards balance." This would already be an intrusive ad even without it moving, but the animation of it counting 1, 2, 3, 4,
    5 every time I go to search is very distracting. Is there any way to remove this? I paid more than $1,000 for this computer only to be met with ads?

Niseamus, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Microsoft Rewards

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties in signing to Microsoft Rewards account.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Did you try sign in to Microsoft Rewards, using a different browser?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to create a

New support request

for Microsoft Rewards Support and a member of the support team will contact you within 24 hours.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Microsoft reward balance ALWAYS on search box popup? How to remove?

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft reward balance ALWAYS on search box popup? How to remove?

1. Microsoft reward balance ALWAYS on search box popup? How to remove? - Similar Threads - Microsoft reward balance

2. Microsoft Rewards icon and balance not showing in search bar anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Rewards icon and balance not showing in search bar anymore: In the past it used to show the MS Rewards balance but now it dissapeared. I've already enabled MS Account under History and Permissions settings...
  3. Microsoft Rewards icon and balance not showing in search bar anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards icon and balance not showing in search bar anymore: In the past it used to show the MS Rewards balance but now it dissapeared. I've already enabled MS Account under History and Permissions settings...
  4. Microsoft Rewards icon and balance not showing in search bar anymore

in Cortana
  5. Remove Cortana Search PopUp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Cortana Search PopUp: Right click taskbar. Click Search. Uncheck "Show Search Highlights" Voila! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-cortana-search-popup/48542817-5ebe-42e0-98bf-6743583c2cba
  6. Remove Cortana Search PopUp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Cortana Search PopUp: Right click taskbar. Click Search. Uncheck "Show Search Highlights" Voila! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-cortana-search-popup/48542817-5ebe-42e0-98bf-6743583c2cba
  7. Remove Cortana Search PopUp

in Cortana
  8. SEARCH BOX ALWAYS ON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SEARCH BOX ALWAYS ON: Dear Microsoft, I have very disappointed experience using Windows 10. Every time "search box" always on, and working, made me difficult to type something. How to enable this box? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  9. Popup boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Popup boxes: This has driven me crazy since I've owned computers and no one seems to have an answer. Every time the mouse passes over a link or sometimes even a word, I get a popup box identifying the link or word, sometimes just repeating it. How do I turn this nuisance off? I...
  10. How to remove Microsoft Rewards balance

in Cortana
    How to remove Microsoft Rewards balance: When I click "Type here to search" in the taskbar, an ad at the top of the search window counts up to 5 to show me my "Microsoft Rewards balance." This would already be an intrusive ad even without it moving, but the animation of it counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 every time I go to...