Windows 10: Microsoft robo call

Discus and support Microsoft robo call in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just checking! Scam in action? Call said to poke (1) to talk to a Microsoft technician to change my ip address which is compromised in several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Big John3, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Big John3 Win User

Microsoft robo call

Just checking! Scam in action? Call said to poke (1) to talk to a Microsoft technician to change my ip address which is compromised in several countries. I hung up. Right????

:)

Big John3, Mar 18, 2020

2. Robo 3T error No unix socket support on windows

I'm trying to connect my cloud database from mongodb atlas to robo 3t. I created a database and entered the connection string and it tells me it connected to my connection string but the next step fails and it says "Failed to load list of databases" when I clicked Show error details it gives me the error "Cannot connect to MongoDB at [...]:27017" and "Error: No unix socket support on windows."

dizzyflames, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Robo Call

In one day I received two robo phone calls from 765-736-0646, claiming to be from microsoft and that I should call this number to receive my refund. Has anyone else received such calls lately.

DoraBrownCB., Mar 18, 2020
  4. Microsoft robo call

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft robo call

1. Microsoft robo call - Similar Threads - Microsoft robo call

2. Robo call saying from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robo call saying from Microsoft: I received a call from 213-584-5845, which was a robo call saying hackers were trying to get my personal info from my computer. I did not press 1 as instructed. Is this legit?...
  3. I keep getting robo calls saying I owe microsoft $499.00. What is going on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I keep getting robo calls saying I owe microsoft $499.00. What is going on?: I keep getting robo calls saying I owe microsoft $499.00. What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-robo-calls-saying-i-owe-microsoft/a9fcd222-1d36-4f04-9e2a-749e57c07f48"
  4. Robo Call from Microsoft Support

Robo Call from Microsoft Support: I have gotten numerous robo calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft support. Calls came from Florida yesterday and California today. They state that my firewall has been compromised, there's been a possible security breach and my IP address may have been stolen....
  5. Microsoft calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft calls: I KEEP GETTING CALLS FROM SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE MICROSOFT. THEY DIRECT ME TO PRESS 1 BUT I HANG UP. THE WEIRD THING IS MY OWN NUMBER IS SHOWING UP ON MY PHONE. wHAT CAN ID DO TO STOP THESE CALLS?...
  6. Robo calls non stop regarding expired key

Robo calls non stop regarding expired key: I have been recieving non stop robo calls regarding my windows key. I understand it is a scam. On the latest call my internet in the house stopped working. I immediately unplugged everything. Was this coincidence or can these robo calls get to my computer and peripherals from...
  7. Microsoft calls at home

Microsoft calls at home: Someone is using my own phone number mind you, to call our home and they said, "This is Microsoft, your IP number has been compromised you need to speak to someone to change it." Then it disconnects...I got two calls today from my own phone number....I do not know how they...
  8. Fake Microsoft Call or Not?

Fake Microsoft Call or Not?: I have been getting calls saying I have a refund from Microsoft (but I did not buy anything). I have been getting calls from Microsoft saying I have been hacked by other countries. For awhile I actually got "danger notices" in my email where the screen turned red with an...
  9. robo call - microsoft licensekey

robo call - microsoft licensekey: I understand this is a scam call, but thought I would let you know the number referenced to "fix my problem" The message was Microsoft Corp has stopped the windows services on your computer. To renew the Windows license key please call 866-978-0708. Hope providing this number...
  10. Microsoft Security call

Microsoft Security call: Hi, I just received a recorded call asking me to call: 866-274-6134. It was hard to understand the automated message, but it had something to do with my computer and Microsoft security. Is this an actual number or a scammer?...