Windows 10: Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls

Discus and support Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has added support for Dark Mode in the Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders. Let's take a closer look at it. Microsoft Paint gets Dark Mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 2, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls

Microsoft has added support for Dark Mode in the Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders. Let's take a closer look at it.

Microsoft Paint gets Dark Mode

The new mode is not a pure black theme per se, it is sort of a high contrast theme similar to the one that File Explorer has.

Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls Dark-theme-in-Microsoft-Paint.jpg

The Dark Mode makes it easier on the eyes to view the various tools that are available at the top of the image editor's interface. The menus in the app also support the dark theme, as do the brush and palette selection views. The canvas is of course white, but it looks a lot brighter than usual when you enable dark mode in the app.

Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls Dark-Mode-palette-in-MS-Paint.jpg

To enable the Dark Theme in Paint, head to the new Settings section in Paint by clicking on the button in the top right corner. The Settings page only has one section for now, and it lets you set the theme. You may choose between the light theme and the dark theme, or set the app to follow the system's settings automatically.

Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls How-to-enable-dark-theme-in-Microsoft-Paint.jpg

The Image Property dialog in the new version of the Paint app matches the Windows 11 design standards. The Redmond company says that it has improved access key and keyboard shortcuts in the app for accessibility, you can view them by pressing the Alt key on your keyboard.

Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls Access-Keys-in-MS-Paint.jpg

Zoom Controls in Microsoft Paint

There are 2 new buttons on Microsoft Paint's status bar. The first one allows you to fit the image to the screen, this is not the full screen view that you can trigger with F11. The other option that has been added to the app is a drop-down menu that you can use to select the zoom level in the app, it goes from as low as 12.5% and all the way up to 800%. It is functionally similar to the zoom slider that is right next to it, but the menu has various presets that you may find handy if you want to set a zoom level quickly. Microsoft has also changed the Zoom in and Zoom out icons on either side of the slider, they are no longer just a plus and minus symbols, the new icons have a magnifying glass with the symbols inside them.

Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls Microsoft-Paint-new-zoom-controls-menu.jpg

Want to try Dark Mode in the Paint app? It is available in version 11.2304.17.0. You may update to it from the Microsoft Store, or sideload it by downloading the fast channel version from https://store.rg-adguard.net/. The app's product ID is 9PCFS5B6T72H. If you wish to roll back to the stable version, you will need to download and install 11.2302.18.0 from the retail channel.

On a side note, Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23471 to the Dev Channel. It brings an option to Add Phone Photos to File Explorer's Gallery. The new button is available on the Command bar, clicking on which will display a QR code that you may scan with your phone's camera to start the import process. The new version of Windows 11 also adds the ability to tear tabs (drag out) from File Explorer and to merge tabs to a window.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 2, 2023

2. Win11 Paint dark mode not working.

Hi Noorg,

I'm Paul and I'm here to help you with your concern.

Unfortunately, the dark mode in MS Paint is still not available in the latest Windows 11 version(22H2).

I suggest that you send a feature suggestion through the Feedback Hub app.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sen...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.

Paul Navera, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft is rolling out dark mode for Windows 10 Search

Microsoft is rolling out dark mode for Windows 10 Search

It's a server-side update, so not everyone has it just yet as they are rolling it out. *Smile

I don't have it on my main account yet, but on same PC it's on my backup accounts *Confused

Brink, Jun 2, 2023
  4. Bree Win User

Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls

Where Can I Download MS Paint in Dark Mode?

You can't. The revamped Paint is delivered by the Store, and only to W11 Insiders at present, along with a new look Calculator and Clock.

I watched the Watch Windows Insider Webcast on August 24, 2021 this afternoon, and they were at pains to point ot that W10 development hasn't stopped just because W11 has come along. They said many of these 'in-box' Store apps appearing in W11 will make their way into future versions of W10. Be patient and Microsoft may deliver it for you....

Bree, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

1. Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls - Similar Threads - Microsoft rolls Paint

2. How to enable Dark Mode on Paint app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Dark Mode on Paint app in Windows 11: [IMG]This post explains how to enable or disable Dark Mode in the new Paint app in Windows 11. If you use the Windows 11 Paint app regularly, you will be thrilled to know that Microsoft has finally brought dark theme support after months of testing. Dark Mode is part of major...
  3. Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !: Hi there, I am having a problem with the dark modes on Microsoft apps. while I am studying I have both Microsoft Word and OneNote on my computer; the problem is that while I am working with Word, I prefer "dark mode" and a "dark gray" while working with OneNote! is there any...
  4. Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !: Hi there, I am having a problem with the dark modes on Microsoft apps. while I am studying I have both Microsoft Word and OneNote on my computer; the problem is that while I am working with Word, I prefer "dark mode" and a "dark gray" while working with OneNote! is there any...
  5. Tabs in Notepad are rolling out to Windows 11 Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Tabs in Notepad are rolling out to Windows 11 Insiders: A month ago, a Microsoft employee shared a screenshot that showed Tabs in Notepad. The feature is now rolling out to users in the Windows 11 Insider Program. [ATTACH] Tabs in Notepad are available for Windows Insiders Tabs in Notepad look similar to the feature in File...
  6. Microsoft is rolling out dark mode for Windows 10 Search

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out dark mode for Windows 10 Search: On Windows 10, you can always switch between dark and light themes, and even decide if apps should honour the dark mode. Changing theme in Windows 10 affects native apps, Settings, taskbar, notification center, and built-in features, such as File Explorer and context menu....
  7. Microsoft rolls out Android Apps support on Windows 11 to some Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out Android Apps support on Windows 11 to some Insiders: Microsoft announced today that it has started to roll out support for Android applications on its Windows 11 operating system. The first public release is limited to Beta Channel Insider systems, and even more limited. Android apps support was one of the main features of...
  8. Google Search dark mode is rolling out with Windows 10 support

in Windows 10 News
    Google Search dark mode is rolling out with Windows 10 support: Users of Windows 10 are finally joining the Google dark mode party. Based on our testing, it’s been confirmed that Google dark mode is now slowly rolling out to desktops running Windows 10, though you might not have it just yet if your device is not included in A/B testing....
  9. Outlook mobile for iOS and Android is rolling out Dark Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook mobile for iOS and Android is rolling out Dark Mode: Today we are starting to roll out dark mode in Outlook for iOS and Android. For added comfort or when a bright screen may not be appropriate, we’re bringing people the choice and flexibility to adapt their experience with a simple and powerful Microsoft 365 Dark Theme...
  10. Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app: OneNote for Windows 10 is finally getting the highly-anticipated dark mode support in the latest update. It’s important to note that only Insiders are receiving a dark theme for Microsoft OneNote and it is expected to debut in the stable version soon. You can join Microsoft...