Windows 10: Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Improving your search experience We’re rolling out a change to display some of your recent searches when you open Windows Search Box, to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10

Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20236 | Windows Insider Blog

Hide or Show Search Box or Search Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Oct 14, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 14, 2020
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft rolls Search

2. Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search box: Hi,I need help my lower left search bar is unusable, I tried clicking it and it will goes off after split second. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-box/fc553394-f1e0-4d8c-b2be-ed3347755fd9
  3. Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 search box: Hi,I need help my lower left search bar is unusable, I tried clicking it and it will goes off after split second. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-box/fc553394-f1e0-4d8c-b2be-ed3347755fd9
  4. Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft is rolling out dark mode for Windows 10 Search

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out dark mode for Windows 10 Search: On Windows 10, you can always switch between dark and light themes, and even decide if apps should honour the dark mode. Changing theme in Windows 10 affects native apps, Settings, taskbar, notification center, and built-in features, such as File Explorer and context menu....
  6. How to disable the display of recent searches in Windows 10's Search Box

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the display of recent searches in Windows 10's Search Box: When you run a search on Windows 10, you can do so using the Start Menu or the dedicated search box if it is displayed. Both search options use the same Windows Search component to display search results to the user, but the front page of the services differ. The Start Menu...
  7. Windows 10 Search Box

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box: Lower left search box when clicked stays on for only a second then off ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-box/4a53690e-0785-4195-8e6c-ba6809e908ae
  8. Improved Windows Search is now rolling out to Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Improved Windows Search is now rolling out to Windows 10 PCs: Microsoft is rolling out a server-side update that enables a slightly improved variation of Windows Search on retail builds of Windows 10, including May 2019 Update PCs. Windows Search has become an essential part of Windows and it’s now a more advanced feature on Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 Search Box

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box: I cannot do searches that access the internet via the search box in the Windows 10 taskbar search box. I could in the past but I can't now. What have I done to cause this and, more importantly how can I fix it? I really like the results of searches in the past and I would...
  10. Firefox Search shortcuts rolling out for Searching Made Faster

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Search shortcuts rolling out for Searching Made Faster: Search is one of the most common activities that people do whenever they go online. At Mozilla, we are always looking for ways to streamline that experience to make it fast, easy and convenient for our users.Our Firefox browser provides a variety of options for people to...