Windows 10: Microsoft s

Discus and support Microsoft s in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I wanted to restart Microsoft stores, Firstly I tried wreset and I could not get it to work, afterwards I reset from apps & features, I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jimmy gam, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Jimmy gam Win User

Microsoft s

Hey, I wanted to restart Microsoft stores, Firstly I tried wreset and I could not get it to work, afterwards I reset from apps & features, I checked back after restarting my computer and it was gone, and couldn't run, I tried some remedies and they didn't work, so I decided to use remove-appx, after that I ran the command Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} after and it didn't work, it responded with

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A, The package could not be installed because the Windows

Firewall service is not running. Enable the Windows Firewall service and try again.
    error 0x80073D0A: Failed to install package Microsoft.WindowsStore_12009.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the
    firewall service is not running. Ensure that the firewall service is enabled and started.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b463b808-0a2d-0005-83be-63b42d0ad701 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b463b808-0a2d-0005-83be-63b42d0ad701
    At line:1 char:53
    + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

Jimmy gam, Feb 23, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 23, 2021
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Microsoft s

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft s

1. Microsoft s - Similar Threads - Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store will not show available updates for apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store will not show available updates for apps: Hello, I have had this problem for a while now, but there are available updates for some apps, said so by the developer or something else, but Microsoft store won't show the update. I have tried the "Get Updates" button, but it still doesn't show the update....
  3. does chkdsk and sfc scannow still wipe C drive? or did microsoft fix that

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does chkdsk and sfc scannow still wipe C drive? or did microsoft fix that: just had a power outage and want to check my pc to see if its okay. i usually run these after one but since one update a couple months ago i stopped since people were having their entire windows get wiped due to a bug in windows. does this still happen? or can i run these...
  4. Does Microsoft Edge actually suck?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Microsoft Edge actually suck?: So there are a lot of rumors like "Edge sucks". I personally don't use edge but if it is a browser I would use it. I like using Opera GX as I think its a great browser. Is edge better? Alex Windows Version Number: 20H2 175539
  5. New Microsoft To Do app version for Android, iOS and Mac - March 8

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft To Do app version for Android, iOS and Mac - March 8: Microsoft To-Do is a task management app to help you stay organized and manage your day-to-day. You can use Microsoft To Do to make shopping lists or task lists, take notes, record collections, plan an event, or set reminders to increase your productivity and focus on what...
  6. Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge: If you have encountered the RESULT_CODE_HUNG error while surfing the web on Microsoft Edge, then this post is intended to help you with quick solutions to the issue. Bear in mind that some other Chromium-based browsers (e.g., Chrome, Brave, Opera, Vivaldi) users have also...
  7. Enable or disable Guest Mode in Microsoft Edge using Windows 10 Registry

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or disable Guest Mode in Microsoft Edge using Windows 10 Registry: In this post, we will help you enable or disable Guest Mode in Microsoft Edge. You can do this with the help of a registry tweak in Windows 10. This post covers all the steps. Later, you can also enable guest mode anytime. [ATTACH] Microsoft Edge provides a handy feature to...
  8. New Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Microsoft account: I just created a new Microsoft account because I can no longer access my old one. There is no way for me to log in. I've contacted support and they couldn't help me either. They told me after 2 years of inactivity the account will be deleted automatically. My new account is...
  9. Request for assistance from microsoft technical support to install driver to enable Acer...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Request for assistance from microsoft technical support to install driver to enable Acer...: Request for assistance from Microsoft Technical Support Team , to install driver to enable acer aspire 3 laptop with Microsoft 365 and Windows 10 to be able to send pdf scans please ? Movedfrom: Microsoft 365 and Office Unknown/other Windows 10...
  10. Error message Microsoft store: try again later something has happened at our end

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error message Microsoft store: try again later something has happened at our end: Any suggestion regarding the error message above and how to solve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-microsoft-store-try-again-later/edf0234a-a892-4ce8-a6df-7716b79ba524