Windows 10: Microsoft s

Discus and support Microsoft s in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I wanted to restart Microsoft stores, Firstly I tried wreset and I could not get it to work, afterwards I reset from apps & features, I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jimmy gam, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:08 PM.

1. Jimmy gam Win User

Microsoft s

Hey, I wanted to restart Microsoft stores, Firstly I tried wreset and I could not get it to work, afterwards I reset from apps & features, I checked back after restarting my computer and it was gone, and couldn't run, I tried some remedies and they didn't work, so I decided to use remove-appx, after that I ran the command Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} after and it didn't work, it responded with

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A, The package could not be installed because the Windows

Firewall service is not running. Enable the Windows Firewall service and try again.
    error 0x80073D0A: Failed to install package Microsoft.WindowsStore_12009.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the
    firewall service is not running. Ensure that the firewall service is enabled and started.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b463b808-0a2d-0005-83be-63b42d0ad701 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b463b808-0a2d-0005-83be-63b42d0ad701
    At line:1 char:53
    + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

4. Microsoft s

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

Thema:

Microsoft s

1. Microsoft s - Similar Threads - Microsoft

2. Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues.: Hey, all. Basically, the "Hide protected operating system files" option in Windows Explorer breaks when signing-in to a Microsoft Account [when it is unchecked, it checks itself automatically & vice-versa; reverting to a local account does not fix it; if an account is purely...
  3. microsoft solitaire

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft solitaire: My annual subscription has run out and I am unable to renew it . when I put my password in I get a message to say there is a problem at microsofts end try again later, that was a month ago....
  4. Microsoft Family Settings not working properly and blocking my child from using Google...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Settings not working properly and blocking my child from using Google...: My child is using Google Classroom for remote schooling. Naturally, it works better with Google Chrome, which she has been using since school started in September. After one of the latest Microsoft updates, suddenly Chrome is no longer available to her. A Microsoft Family...
  5. Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer & Microsoft Account issues.: Hey, all. Basically, the "Hide protected operating system files" option in Windows Explorer breaks when signing-in to a Microsoft Account [when it is unchecked, it checks itself automatically & vice-versa; reverting to a local account does not fix it; if an account is purely...
  6. Microsoft Works Calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Works Calendar: Hi guys, I know the solution is staring right at me but it's a "forest for the trees" situation. Can someone help point me to the place where I change the date format in MS Works Calendar, please? Thanks, REK...
  7. Microsoft Store not showing my purchase in my library

Microsoft Store not showing my purchase in my library: I have built a PC logged into my account and can see my purchases there but when I go into Microsoft Store to my library there is nothing there. I was advised to contact Microsoft which I did. I spent 4 hours from start to finish being moved from one department to the other....
  8. Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro: Is anyone else having issues installing the latest versions/upgrading existing non-Microsoft apps on Windows10? Most recently, in the last three weeks or so, every time I try to installsuch a program or app updates, Windows notifies me via a pop-up dialogue box, that "It's...
  9. Upgrading to Microsoft window home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Microsoft window home to Pro: I upgraded my old laptop which came with windows 10 home pre-installed to Pro by buying a separate license from the Microsoft store. I have new laptop windows 10 home pre-installed and I want to upgrade to windows pro. Can't I use the windows pro upgrade license I purchased...
  10. Microsoft Store Updates Not Working

Microsoft Store Updates Not Working: Recently, the Microsoft Store's update part, which keeps all the Store apps up to date started misbehaving. Every time I click "Get updates", it lists the exact same list of 28 apps every single time. Once it gets to updating the Store itself, the Store closes, but doesn't...