Windows 10: Microsoft s

Discus and support Microsoft s in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I wanted to restart Microsoft stores, Firstly I tried wreset and I could not get it to work, afterwards I reset from apps & features, I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jimmy gam, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Jimmy gam Win User

Microsoft s

Hey, I wanted to restart Microsoft stores, Firstly I tried wreset and I could not get it to work, afterwards I reset from apps & features, I checked back after restarting my computer and it was gone, and couldn't run, I tried some remedies and they didn't work, so I decided to use remove-appx, after that I ran the command Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} after and it didn't work, it responded with

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A, The package could not be installed because the Windows

Firewall service is not running. Enable the Windows Firewall service and try again.
    error 0x80073D0A: Failed to install package Microsoft.WindowsStore_12009.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the
    firewall service is not running. Ensure that the firewall service is enabled and started.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b463b808-0a2d-0005-83be-63b42d0ad701 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b463b808-0a2d-0005-83be-63b42d0ad701
    At line:1 char:53
    + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

Jimmy gam, Feb 23, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 23, 2021
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Microsoft s

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft s

1. Microsoft s - Similar Threads - Microsoft

2. How do I recover Microsoft pre-installed games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover Microsoft pre-installed games?: Several months ago, I had to re-install my Windows 10 Home 64 Bit. All the pre-loaded games that came with my 2016 HP Phoenix Envy computer were lost. HP told me to call Microsoft. Microsoft sent me to their help.microsoft.com website which sent me to their Microsoft Store....
  3. microsoft-services-store-engagement is missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft-services-store-engagement is missing: helloi am trying to install minecraft bedrock edition but it keeps failing.here i have the error :PackageRegistrationFailedException: Deployment failed: Windows cannot install package Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.8101.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because this package depends on a...
  4. microsoft-services-store-engagement is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft-services-store-engagement is missing: helloi am trying to install minecraft bedrock edition but it keeps failing.here i have the error :PackageRegistrationFailedException: Deployment failed: Windows cannot install package Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.8101.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because this package depends on a...
  5. microsoft-services-store-engagement is missing

6. Microsoft Rewards offers are available in one country/region each day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Rewards offers are available in one country/region each day: Hello,I am at home and MS Reward is not working because:I was out of town last month....So why am I seeing this?Share additional operating system regionis set to limited recommendedand my language is set to English.thoughts?...
  7. Microsoft Rewards offers are available in one country/region each day

Microsoft Rewards offers are available in one country/region each day: Hello,I am at home and MS Reward is not working because:I was out of town last month....So why am I seeing this?Share additional operating system regionis set to limited recommendedand my language is set to English.thoughts?...
  8. Received bill from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received bill from Microsoft: I received a Msbill.info on my bank account and have no idea what it is for. I don't purchase anything from Microsoft...and I have a free University account to outlook 365. Can you please help me?...
  9. Received bill from Microsoft

Received bill from Microsoft: I received a Msbill.info on my bank account and have no idea what it is for. I don't purchase anything from Microsoft...and I have a free University account to outlook 365. Can you please help me?...
  10. i can't install HEVC video extension from microsoft store after purchased it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't install HEVC video extension from microsoft store after purchased it.: i want to play my mobile phone's video maybe h265 i think in my windows 10 but it doesnt work, so i decided to buy codec HEVC video extension from the store but after purchased it, it cant be install for some reason....