Windows 10: Microsoft safety scan

Discus and support Microsoft safety scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have a small question for my own calm. I always do once or twice a month a full scan on my pc with the Microsoft MSERT and their VRTVirus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FinalDebt92, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Microsoft safety scan

Hello,

I have a small question for my own calm.

I always do once or twice a month a full scan on my pc with the Microsoft MSERT and their VRTVirus Removal Tool.

To do a deep check-up for my own comfort.

Because i am pretty highly OCD when it comes to safety.

My question just is, i once tried with those + the Kaspersky safety scanner.

Just cuz i personally find Kaspersky pretty greati do not use the full kaspersky system, i just used the free virus removal tool.

But, for windows 101909 system; which would give the bestmost accurate results?

If i would look at it logically, i would say the scans from Microsoft, because Defender is my Anti-virus and i would personally think, that the microsoft scans would scan deeper in the system, cuz it's from Microsoft themselves.

Could someone maybe calm my mind and give me an answer on this question?

With much thanks, Blaze.

:)

FinalDebt92, Nov 26, 2020

2. Microsoft Safety Scan

I just competed a Microsoft Safety Scan and one file infection was not removed or corrected by the Safety Scan Tool. The file name was Exploit:Java/obfuseator.w What is this file and how do I clean it out of my system.

DIZZY&8624, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 26, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Microsoft safety scan

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2916641
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft safety scan

1. Microsoft safety scan - Similar Threads - Microsoft safety scan

2. Microsoft Family Safety MFS

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety MFS: Hi, I have restricted access to about 10 websites in MFS but my son is still able to access any site he wants. Why is MFS not working? Other parts of MFS work, eg I can block chrome....
  3. Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft Family Safety: Hi, the weekly activity report for my son is incorrect. The browsing history and search results have not been updated for 2 weeks. I have reviewed previous posts and tried to troubleshoot using recommend procedures however this hasn't fixed the issue. Activity...
  4. microsoft family safety

microsoft family safety: My daughter is using mathletics to do school work from home. The website asks for my permission EVERY time she goes to another set of questions. Homework for example has 5 x different sets of questions, and every time she completes a set and goes onto next set permission...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft Family Safety: Who can I email or chat with to get help and many questions about this subject? I'm having many issues with my kid pc having him able to override the setting when it is asking him if he's the parent or asks a parent for more time when he signed in outside his time...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft Family Safety: Hubby is setting up microsoft family safety at home. He set up himself and our child on there already and is trying to add me as an adult. I have received the emails to join and clicked on 'Accept Invitation.' It opens another window and I go to click 'Join Now' and I get an...
  7. Microsoft family safety

Microsoft family safety: My child has a windows 10 laptop with access control my family safety. He managed to install Hotspot shield vpn in his account. By going through the vpn, he is able to change what ever safty setting he wants....
  8. Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft Family Safety: The time stamp for my daughter's web browsing history is off by 8 hours in the family safety app or website. I have checked the settings > edit your info and the country is correct for both of our laptops. Also, I have checked both laptops' clock location settings and are...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety Not Working....

Microsoft Family Safety Not Working....: So, I don't know if it's something my teenager has done to undermine my controls, but for the life of me I cannot seem to get the Microsoft Family Safety to engage with my son's laptop. I've verified everything, it shows his device, it shows all the restriction settings...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Safety Scanner: I just want to know if the latest version of the MSS is up to date. It says 1.0.3001. Its been that number for over a year so I was just wandering if its as up to date as possible. I use the MSS once a month. I like it better than my McAfee....