Windows 10: Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

Discus and support Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eric2313, Jan 31, 2022.

1. eric2313 Win User

Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that picks these 2 files up.

:)

eric2313, Jan 31, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2916641
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Jan 31, 2022
  3. Microsoft safety scanner found malware that Malwarebytes did not?

Ran Microsoft safety scanner and it found an infected file that malwarebytes premium did not. It was a windows defender preventer or something, can't find the log, where would it be?

amancandance, Jan 31, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

About Microsoft Safety Scanner

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can run Microsoft Safety scanner in Windows 10.

Refer the link below to download the Microsoft Safety scanner.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Anti-Virus Disclaimer:

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data
    loss.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files - Similar Threads - Microsoft safety scanner

2. microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected: Microsoft safety scanner keeps showing same 15 files infected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-showing-same-files/477fb2f8-e871-4ea4-9ef9-e691a44e0ced
  3. microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected: Microsoft safety scanner keeps showing same 15 files infected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-showing-same-files/477fb2f8-e871-4ea4-9ef9-e691a44e0ced
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files: when I run the Microsoft Safety Scanner it finds 10 infected files. When it is finished it show No viruses, spyware, or other ... was detected. after a reboot and rerunning the app it still finds 10 infected files. also windows defender offline tool does not work....
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files

Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files: when I run the Microsoft Safety Scanner it finds 10 infected files. When it is finished it show No viruses, spyware, or other ... was detected. after a reboot and rerunning the app it still finds 10 infected files. also windows defender offline tool does not work....
  6. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  8. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files: When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that...
  9. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files: When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected: When I run the scan latest version, it reports 5 infected files but on completion the report states no virus found. Any known reason why this occurs?...