Windows 10: Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

Discus and support Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HalgeirS, Dec 8, 2021.

1. HalgeirS Win User

Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode where it gets the same detections, and the same end result. Almost as the malware have found a way to cheat the Microsoft Safety Scanner.

:)

HalgeirS, Dec 8, 2021

2. Microsoft Safety Scan

Hello @elbmek,

It does take a while, but it can be VERY informative and beneficial . . .

> How to Use Microsoft Safety Scanner in Windows

Paul Black, Dec 8, 2021
  3. Microsoft Safety Scan

I just competed a Microsoft Safety Scan and one file infection was not removed or corrected by the Safety Scan Tool. The file name was Exploit:Java/obfuseator.w What is this file and how do I clean it out of my system.

DIZZY&8624, Dec 8, 2021
  4. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

Scan results (Locky ransomware)

Hello,

This issue might cause due to the virus itself. Virus is affecting the anti-virus software.

I suggest you to perform a full system scan using Microsoft safety scanner in the safe mode and check if it helps:

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

1. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the... - Similar Threads - Microsoft safety Scanner

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...
  4. Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of...: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner, and it found 4 infected files which it did not mention at the end of the scan. I ran it again partially until it found one infected file and then I cancelled the scan. I also ran the Microsoft Defender antivirus with full and offline scans,...
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner's result is different from the result during the scan

Microsoft Safety Scanner's result is different from the result during the scan: I have run Microsoft Safety Scanner. While it is running it says there are 13 infected files, but when it has finished scanning it says that no infected files were found or removed. Both can't be correct. What should I do next?[Original Title: Microsoft Safety Scanner]...
  6. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...: Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode...
  7. I scanned my pc with microsoft safety scanner and during the scan it detected a infected...

I scanned my pc with microsoft safety scanner and during the scan it detected a infected...: Hi I just used microsoft safety scanner because I had a feeling there was something wrong and during the scan it says 1 file was found malicious and then at the end of the scan it says no threats detected. Whats the deal? What do I need to do?...
  8. MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...

MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...: Like the title says, while I am running the Microsoft Security Scanner it shows that it found 4 infected files, yet when the scanner ends it says it found nothing, and shows no detections in the log. Has anyone ever seen this before, or know how to fix it?...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection: During the scanning progress indicates "Files Infected" etc. 11 files; at the end of scan indicates no viruses detected. My question is are infected files not virus and did the scanner delete the infection or the problems? thanks [Original Title: Microsoft Safety Scanner]...
  10. Safety Scanner detected Infected file during scan and then shows nothing have been detected

Safety Scanner detected Infected file during scan and then shows nothing have been detected: While running the Safety Scanner, I was alerted that one file was infected. When the Safety Scanner finished and showed the scan results, it reported that no issues were found. I'm confused. What's my next step? Any assistance is appreciated.[Original Title: Windows Safety...