Windows 10: Microsoft Safety Scanner found a Trojan Horse... vintool32/defendertamperingrestore.

Discus and support Microsoft Safety Scanner found a Trojan Horse... vintool32/defendertamperingrestore. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer was was running slow and freezing up and I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner and it found and removed vintool32/defendertamperingrestore. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JACKGRANADE, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner found a Trojan Horse... vintool32/defendertamperingrestore.

My computer was was running slow and freezing up and I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner and it found and removed vintool32/defendertamperingrestore. I restarted my computer and it ran perfect for two days and I ran another scan and the same file was back. Is there a way to fix this problem for good?

:)

JACKGRANADE, Nov 6, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2916641
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Nov 6, 2020
  3. braithy Win User
    Trojan horse

Thanks for information, I am running windows defender offline to see if that can remove Trojan horse

braithy, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner found a Trojan Horse... vintool32/defendertamperingrestore.

How to get rid of Virus, Worm and Trojan horse.

Hi,

We suggest that you run any of these scanner to remove threats on your PC:

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Keep us posted.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Safety Scanner found a Trojan Horse... vintool32/defendertamperingrestore.

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner found a Trojan Horse... vintool32/defendertamperingrestore. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Safety Scanner

2. Trojan Horse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan Horse: Is csrss.exe a trojan horse? It seems to me. it's part of system 32. It was installed on my computer in August 2013 by Microsoft. Need to know as soon as possible. I've been harassed by outside vendor to buy a very expensive firewall....
  3. Trojan Horse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Horse: Is csrss.exe a trojan horse? It seems to me. it's part of system 32. It was installed on my computer in August 2013 by Microsoft. Need to know as soon as possible. I've been harassed by outside vendor to buy a very expensive firewall....
  4. Trojan Horse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Horse: I have had an email saying that a Trojan horse has been uploaded on my computer and I am being blackmailed into paying by bitcoin or they will post a video of me to all my contacts.. They know my address which is very worrying. Needless to say I have not clicked on any link...
  5. Trojan Horse warning from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Horse warning from Microsoft?: Received message that, due to a Trojan Horse, my computer was locked. Against their warning, I turned off computer and didn't find a warning in Microsoft Security. Is this a scam, or from Microsoft as claimed?...
  6. Trojan Horse warning from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan Horse warning from Microsoft?: Received message that, due to a Trojan Horse, my computer was locked. Against their warning, I turned off computer and didn't find a warning in Microsoft Security. Is this a scam, or from Microsoft as claimed?...
  7. Trojan Horse warning from Microsoft?

8. Safety Scanner & Trojans

Safety Scanner & Trojans: I have run MS Safety Scanner. While running, it shows "Files infected:4". Upon completion, the summary says no infected files found. I appear to have a Trojan. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?...
  9. trojan horse

trojan horse: My windows security detected and blocked a trojan horse virus, I selected the wrong setting, and now have this message - this threat or app has been allowed and will not be remediated in the future. - of course i want to change this Thanks...
  10. Trojan Horse Warning

Trojan Horse Warning: Is 1-888-288-6775 a legitimate Microsoft Support phone number? Had a laoud audio and video warning pop up on my screen saying it was a Trojan Spyware Alert & to contact that number. Is this a hacker scam?...