Windows 10: Microsoft Safety Scanner has been scanning a .ncx file for hours

Discus and support Microsoft Safety Scanner has been scanning a .ncx file for hours in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running Microsoft Safety Scanner on my laptop win 10. But it has been scanning a .ncx file for 5 hours, and status has stayed unchanged up to now.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cheryl_2000, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner has been scanning a .ncx file for hours

I am running Microsoft Safety Scanner on my laptop win 10. But it has been scanning a .ncx file for 5 hours, and status has stayed unchanged up to now. I can not cancel to stop it. I've deleted this file. But nothing changes. How can I do now?

:)

Cheryl_2000, Jul 12, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    You cannot download the Microsoft Safety Scanner because of a malware infection
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Callender, Jul 12, 2021
  4. JamesJoey Win User

Microsoft Safety Scanner has been scanning a .ncx file for hours

JamesJoey, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Safety Scanner has been scanning a .ncx file for hours

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner has been scanning a .ncx file for hours - Similar Threads - Microsoft Safety Scanner

2. micro soft safety scanner takes long hours scanning why ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    micro soft safety scanner takes long hours scanning why ?: HelloI used Microsoft safety scanner , so it was very terrible by scanning for more than 30 hours and not finishing never stopped, so i was obliged to cancel it .Two days scanning not finishing is impossible.So , just want to ask you why this happens?Here is a screenshot...
  3. micro soft safety scanner takes long hours scanning why ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    micro soft safety scanner takes long hours scanning why ?: HelloI used Microsoft safety scanner , so it was very terrible by scanning for more than 30 hours and not finishing never stopped, so i was obliged to cancel it .Two days scanning not finishing is impossible.So , just want to ask you why this happens?Here is a screenshot...
  4. micro soft safety scanner takes long hours scanning why ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...
  6. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner stuck scanning a single file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Safety Scanner stuck scanning a single file: I've been scanning for malware I have alot and its frozen scanning a single file. I'm too lazy to restart the scan since I've been scanning for an hour 44 minutes. Is there any way I can fix other than a factory reset or is my computer killed?I don't know how I managed to get...
  8. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...: Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode...
  9. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...: Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner is stuck after scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Safety Scanner is stuck after scanning: My computer has been freezing intermittently for a few seconds for a week. Ran the MSS and it scanned for 15 hours. Detected 100+ files with problems. Then it froze like in the attached image. After another 2 hours it said the system had problems and we need to restart. After...