Windows 10: Microsoft Safety Scanner is stuck after scanning

Discus and support Microsoft Safety Scanner is stuck after scanning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer has been freezing intermittently for a few seconds for a week. Ran the MSS and it scanned for 15 hours. Detected 100+ files with problems.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MerajHasan, May 1, 2021.

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner is stuck after scanning

My computer has been freezing intermittently for a few seconds for a week. Ran the MSS and it scanned for 15 hours. Detected 100+ files with problems. Then it froze like in the attached image. After another 2 hours it said the system had problems and we need to restart. After that it says there is no operating system installed.

:)

MerajHasan, May 1, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    You cannot download the Microsoft Safety Scanner because of a malware infection
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, May 1, 2021
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    JamesJoey, May 1, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

Microsoft Safety Scanner is stuck after scanning

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

I just tried your link in FF, Edge, IE, Chrome, Opera & Maxthon and it would not load - kept refreshing/blocking. So I checked it here, and it says it's down:

Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up?

simrick, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Safety Scanner is stuck after scanning

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner is stuck after scanning - Similar Threads - Microsoft Safety Scanner

2. Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan: Hi, I run my window safety scanner this morning and it found infected files alot, then after it scanned all the drives, it showed me like this and keep stuck here. my computer been scanned by malwarebytes anf iobit protection but showed nothing malware files or trojan before...
  3. Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan: Hi, I run my window safety scanner this morning and it found infected files alot, then after it scanned all the drives, it showed me like this and keep stuck here. my computer been scanned by malwarebytes anf iobit protection but showed nothing malware files or trojan before...
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...
  6. SAFETY SCANNER MICROSOFT?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAFETY SCANNER MICROSOFT?: Hi I just ran Microsoft safety scanner full scan saw 12 infected files while it was scanning said it would give me a report at the end of the scan did not give me a report just said finished scanning? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES...
  7. SAFETY SCANNER MICROSOFT?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SAFETY SCANNER MICROSOFT?: Hi I just ran Microsoft safety scanner full scan saw 12 infected files while it was scanning said it would give me a report at the end of the scan did not give me a report just said finished scanning? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner stuck scanning a single file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Safety Scanner stuck scanning a single file: I've been scanning for malware I have alot and its frozen scanning a single file. I'm too lazy to restart the scan since I've been scanning for an hour 44 minutes. Is there any way I can fix other than a factory reset or is my computer killed?I don't know how I managed to get...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner: Just ran Microsoft Safety Scanner, and while it was running it showed about 20 infections....once it completed, the final report said "the scan competed and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software was detected".What should I believe?...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner: While running the scanner it shows that I have 52 infected files. But after completion the scan posts a message saying "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected.Why the conflicting statements?...