Windows 10: Microsoft Safety Scanner is unable to detect and remove ransomware?

Discus and support Microsoft Safety Scanner is unable to detect and remove ransomware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Microsoft Safety Scanner is unable to detect and remove ransomware? * Original title: Malware dectation.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ranarana2, Dec 10, 2019.

1. ranarana2 Win User

Microsoft Safety Scanner is unable to detect and remove ransomware?

* Original title: Malware dectation.

:)

ranarana2, Dec 10, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2916641
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Dec 10, 2019
  3. jeanacox Win User
    Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

*Original Title: Zeus b2957e virus

Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

which of course is this Zeus b2957e since it is still there. I am a novice compared to most/all of you so I am up for any help/suggestions.

The malware listed on Microsoft Safety Scanner it could not remove= Exploit:Java/Obfuscator.W

[Moved from Windows]

jeanacox, Dec 10, 2019
  4. JamesJoey Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

For the past few days I've been unable to load Microsoft Safety Scanner web page.
    At first it was only Internet Explorer and edge with the issue.
    Now Chrome and Firefox are unable to load the page.

Anyone else having this issue??
    James

JamesJoey, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner is unable to detect and remove ransomware? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Safety Scanner

2. Unable to Install Microsoft Safety Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install Microsoft Safety Scanner: When I try to run masert.exe after downloading, Windows tells me:'The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app.'Any ideas why this happening>James...
  3. Unable to Install Microsoft Safety Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Microsoft Safety Scanner: When I try to run masert.exe after downloading, Windows tells me:'The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app.'Any ideas why this happening>James...
  4. How to remove malware detected? Microsoft safety scanner not being able to remove any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove malware detected? Microsoft safety scanner not being able to remove any...: I'm a student that wants to get into cybersecurity and I was really curious about the viruses on my old computer, so I was using the Microsoft safety scanner to try and eliminate my viruses, My scan results came out saying they removed some viruses but other unwanted software...
  5. How to remove malware detected? Microsoft safety scanner not being able to remove any...

How to remove malware detected? Microsoft safety scanner not being able to remove any...: I'm a student that wants to get into cybersecurity and I was really curious about the viruses on my old computer, so I was using the Microsoft safety scanner to try and eliminate my viruses, My scan results came out saying they removed some viruses but other unwanted software...
  6. Microsoft safety scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft safety scanner: Microsoft safety scanner encuentra 55 archivos infectados durante el proceso, pero al final dice que NO detectó nada, no ejecuta ninguna acción.Atte.Leonidas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner/5976b64d-7f1e-4707-9a84-50f108575baa
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner Error in Malware detection

Microsoft Safety Scanner Error in Malware detection: My computer is infected with malware. My web browser, this happened in Chrome, if left unattended, opens random product web pages such as amazon or aliexpress referal links and the like. I guess there is more but this is the only thing I have evidence for.When I run the...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner: Hi all,I recently downloaded Microsoft Safety Scanner, just to make sure all was well.This is the result of the first pageYou will notice it says 2 files are infected.The end of the scan shows a different result however.I ran this test twice with the same results. Just...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner: Hi all,I recently downloaded Microsoft Safety Scanner, just to make sure all was well.This is the result of the first pageYou will notice it says 2 files are infected.The end of the scan shows a different result however.I ran this test twice with the same results. Just...
  10. Microsoft scanner detection partially removed

Microsoft scanner detection partially removed: Full scan by Microsoft scanner reports as follows: Misleading:Win32/Lodi Partially removed What is this and how to fully remove? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-scanner-detection-partially-removed/b5112b57-d3c0-49e3-82a1-a716f032de08

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is it hard to dectate a computer virus