Windows 10: Microsoft Safety Scanner is unable to detect and remove ransomware?

Discus and support Microsoft Safety Scanner is unable to detect and remove ransomware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Microsoft Safety Scanner is unable to detect and remove ransomware? * Original title: Malware dectation.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ranarana2, Dec 10, 2019.

1. ranarana2 Win User

Microsoft Safety Scanner is unable to detect and remove ransomware?

* Original title: Malware dectation.

:)

ranarana2, Dec 10, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2916641
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Dec 10, 2019
  3. jeanacox Win User
    Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

*Original Title: Zeus b2957e virus

Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

which of course is this Zeus b2957e since it is still there. I am a novice compared to most/all of you so I am up for any help/suggestions.

The malware listed on Microsoft Safety Scanner it could not remove= Exploit:Java/Obfuscator.W

[Moved from Windows]

jeanacox, Dec 10, 2019
  4. JamesJoey Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

For the past few days I've been unable to load Microsoft Safety Scanner web page.
    At first it was only Internet Explorer and edge with the issue.
    Now Chrome and Firefox are unable to load the page.

Anyone else having this issue??
    James

JamesJoey, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner is unable to detect and remove ransomware? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Safety Scanner

2. HackTool:Win32/LSASecretsView.BH was NOT removed by Microsoft Safety Scanner - what to do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HackTool:Win32/LSASecretsView.BH was NOT removed by Microsoft Safety Scanner - what to do?: On my Win 7 Pro 64-bit (on my home Dell Optiplex which also dual-boots Win 10 Pro 64-bit), I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner for the first time. (Version 1.0.3001.0.) It says that HackTool:Win32/LSASecretsView.BH has NOT been removed. What should I do? Here's a link to...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner: I just want to know if the latest version of the MSS is up to date. It says 1.0.3001. Its been that number for over a year so I was just wandering if its as up to date as possible. I use the MSS once a month. I like it better than my McAfee....
  4. Windows Malicious Removal Tool and/or Microsoft Safety Scanner

Windows Malicious Removal Tool and/or Microsoft Safety Scanner: Dear Forum Support, First, I should let you know I am old and not computer savvy and all stressed when I have a problem or question with my computer. I have just bought a new All in One Windows 10 and I am using AVG Ultimate as my security. On my previous computer...
  5. Virus, Malware and Spyware total removal With Microsoft Safety Scanner

Virus, Malware and Spyware total removal With Microsoft Safety Scanner: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner in my laptop with Windows 10 and external hard disk drive and fund differents malware and spyware like Browser Modifier, hacktools and trojan problems which has partially removed. I would like to know how to totally remove the follewin...
  6. Microsoft scanner detection partially removed

Microsoft scanner detection partially removed: Full scan by Microsoft scanner reports as follows: Misleading:Win32/Lodi Partially removed What is this and how to fully remove? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-scanner-detection-partially-removed/b5112b57-d3c0-49e3-82a1-a716f032de08
  7. What's wrong with Microsoft Safety Scanner?

What's wrong with Microsoft Safety Scanner?: I always download Microsoft Safety Scanner and Malicious Malware Removal Tool but today it says the Safety Scanner is not working. I try it again and it tries to load but is taking too long and looks unusual loading up and then down and takes a long time. Somethings wrong....
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner does not detect Reimage Repair virus infecting Google Chrome. How...

Microsoft Safety Scanner does not detect Reimage Repair virus infecting Google Chrome. How...: Microsoft Safety Scanner does not detect Reimage Repair virus infecting Google Chrome. How do I get rid of this?? I can't see a strange program on my PC...
  9. How to Use Microsoft Safety Scanner in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Use Microsoft Safety Scanner in Windows: How to: How to Use Microsoft Safety Scanner in Windows How to Use Microsoft Safety Scanner in Windows Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free scan tool designed to find and remove malware from Windows computers. Simply download it and run a scan to find malware and try to...
  10. Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page: For the past few days I've been unable to load Microsoft Safety Scanner web page. At first it was only Internet Explorer and edge with the issue. Now Chrome and Firefox are unable to load the page. Anyone else having this issue?? James 35008